Season 6: What will be the opening scene?

Colonel Green

Cold open: 

Directly from where the finale left off before it went black, view of Jon Snow, camera pans back and around to reveal a Raven watching.

You get the Ravens Point Of View. 

Follows Thorne, Olly, and the rest where they have a small meeting on their next move post assassination.  (raven is listening to everything)

They set their plans in a quick meeting. (no idea what that plan consists of)

Raven flies to top of wall, then past it over the haunted forest, then the Army of the dead is in full view. 

Camera leaves ravens point of view. 

and quickly goes to Bran in the cave.

Camera pans over brans face as he is warging.  When his eyes open screen goes black!

Que the intro!!!! 

Having him in the 1st scene has a huge impact because he has been missing for a season.  Also him being a warg and the mystery behind that will a big impact and will set in motion the magic and mystery that this season has in store.  (tower of joy flashback/vision, possible dragon binding, arya warging and faceless man training, and of course possible jon snow resurrection.  

is Bran warging OUT of the crow or IN to something at the end? ( Bran warging into Jon would be a no go for me...would hate that )

would be a great intro to the season though..well done :D

is Bran warging OUT of the crow or IN to something at the end? ( Bran warging into Jon would be a no go for me...would hate that )

No bran would be warging out of the raven into his physical body, eyes open... intro music....

YES excellent..love the fact that Brans would be the first on screen reaction we get to Jon's death

It makes sense for him to be watching jon before anything.

1. it is the last family member he saw, and when he did see him Jon was in a bit of trouble.  Logically he would be the nearest and first person he would "spy" on.  

2.Their relationship and loving nature towards each other was evident.  

I'm sure D&D browse these posts.. and thanks for the compliment.  I am new to the forum although I've been reading for years.  
But yea everyone will go nuts when the intro hits and the twitterverse will go bananas!

Welcome :)

What drove you to finally jump in? Glad you did!

Well people say he will warg an Ice Dragon.... Jon's It!

Cold open: 

Directly from where the finale left off before it went black, view of Jon Snow, camera pans back and around to reveal a Raven watching.
You get the Ravens Point Of View. 
Follows Thorne, Olly, and the rest where they have a small meeting on their next move post assassination.  (raven is listening to everything)
They set their plans in a quick meeting. (no idea what that plan consists of)
Raven flies to top of wall, then past it over the haunted forest, then the Army of the dead is in full view. 
Camera leaves ravens point of view. 
and quickly goes to Bran in the cave.
Camera pans over brans face as he is warging.  When his eyes open screen goes black!

Que the intro!!!! 

Having him in the 1st scene has a huge impact because he has been missing for a season.  Also him being a warg and the mystery behind that will a big impact and will set in motion the magic and mystery that this season has in store.  (tower of joy flashback/vision, possible dragon binding, arya warging and faceless man training, and of course possible jon snow resurrection.  

Luv Luv Luv this!!! And it all totally makes sense ....nice one 😆

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it is has been adressed in other threads, but I'm deeply convinced the show could follow a steady/symetrical structure regarding the openings, revolving around the Ice element and the Fire element. And this could be used to foreshadow the other future openings. In this logic, if we admit the Maester Cressen POV segment was the original Season 2 opening (as it is in the book and the producers admitted it was delayed so that viewers wouldn't feel too estranged if I recall), we would have : 

Season 1 : Ice/Fire

Season 2 : Fire/Ice

Season 3 : Ice/Fire

Season 4 : Fire/Neither

Season 5 : Neither/Ice

Season 6 : Ice/Fire

Season 7 : Fire/Ice

Season 8 : Ice/Fire

If this is proven then I guess Daenerys would start to invade Westeros end Season 6/beginning Season 7 and the Walkers would do the same end Season 7/beginning Season 8.

What a fun thing to think about.

Beginning the season with a flashback is a nice, clean, uncomplicated way to establish the past that needs establishing, since it's not coming off a previous scene and people don't get as confused. 

The beginning would be a nice place for the ToJ. 

However, if the ToJ is the cold opening, the opening titles should be followed immediately by close-up of Jon's face looking the same as it did at the end of S5, then gasping for air, and the shot pulling back to reveal Mel with her hands on him, saying The Words that Thoros did over Beric. 

I think it will be a flashback. A back story to Jon Snow, maybe ToJ with Ned etc. That way they can jump / cut to Jon in the present and we will see how his "death" unfolds. It maybe connected to Bran but it doesn't have to be, Cersei's flashback wasn't like that (visionary) it was just a straight flashback.

What a fun thing to think about.

Beginning the season with a flashback is a nice, clean, uncomplicated way to establish the past that needs establishing, since it's not coming off a previous scene and people don't get as confused. 

The beginning would be a nice place for the ToJ. 

However, if the ToJ is the cold opening, the opening titles should be followed immediately by close-up of Jon's face looking the same as it did at the end of S5, then gasping for air, and the shot pulling back to reveal Mel with her hands on him, saying The Words that Thoros did over Beric.

People should really consider the likelihood that Mel can't do what Thoros could. She has never revived anyone. Her talents are visions and shadow babies. Thoros didn't really have visions and couldn't make shadow babies, so why assume Mel can do what he did. Jon may not be revived until Thoros/Beric/Stoneheart/Successor and his corpse are united. That may take the whole season. Mel knows about Thoros and Beric in the show, so she may try to revive Jon or Stannis, and when it doesn't work she might have to go find the BWB.

People should really consider the likelihood that Mel can't do what Thoros could. She has never revived anyone. Her talents are visions and shadow babies. Thoros didn't really have visions and couldn't make shadow babies, so why assume Mel can do what he did. Jon may not be revived until Thoros/Beric/Stoneheart/Successor and his corpse are united. That may take the whole season. Mel knows about Thoros and Beric in the show, so she may try to revive Jon or Stannis, and when it doesn't work she might have to go find the BWB.

How will she keep Jon's body preserved?

The Night's Watch will want to burn the body straight away and no ice cells have been shown to exist on the show. It just makes no sense for Jon's body to be dead for so long, unless he comes back in a bad shape, which seems unlikely. This is why I don't understand the 'Jon won't be resurrected until episode 9 or 10' argument. His body needs to be dealt with.

Also, from Season 6 speculation, it looks like-

[spoiler] Jon is getting a funeral.  Smoke was seen at the Castle Black set and an extra spoke about a 'funeral scene' being shot.[/spoiler]

The death of Balon via Euron, then Euron pronouncing himself King of the Iron Islands and revealing his plan to sail to Slaver's Bay to kidnap/marry Dany and taker her dragons. I can't really imagine anything else.

This is what I'm hoping for.

Opens with Yara sailing up to the kingsmoot

Damphair greets her but tells her this was a folly and she never should have come.

Condensed version of the Kingsmoot with the crowd chanting for Euron at the end with him sinisterly smiling as the shot cuts into the intro.

Scene would create a lot of buzz both for TV-only people who would be so confused and captivated by what just happened as well as book people who are now giddy that the Crows eye has arrived.

Archived