Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

The fact there are no Northern Lords is proof of their Lannister bias.

They made Tyrion mentioned "seven kingdoms united in fear of Tywin Lannister", at the same time they neglected to portray the loyalty of the former vassals of Ned Stark who didn't feared him but appreciated him.

I wonder if, when they (allegedly) read the books they thought Tywin was right on killing Elia and the children and they celebrated the Rains of Castamere. Maybe they did, considering we have like dunno how many versions of it.

(Honestly, considering what really happened with Castamere, celebrate the song wouldn't be like celebrating a song written to honour how nazis killed a jewish town or something on those lines? Because that was a massacre)

You are right, from a certain point of view, the Lannisters, or atleast the 3 main ones, Carol, Larry and St Tyrion, it is all about them and has been for 5 years. Everyone else is dancing around them but they, they are the center of attention, Dany and Jon are basically outcasts who deserve to be where the Lannisters are.

Dany and Jon are basically outcasts who deserve to be where the Lannisters are.

IKR?

In the books, as I see it, the GoT is the distraction and we're driven to it because it's appealing. Jon and Dany, otoh, the "less interesting plots" are in fact the main plots. The ones we should be paying attention but, as in many characters in the books, they are ignored.

In the show, otoh, it's like they are making time with Jon and Dany. They aren't developed as the MAIN characters and the MAIN protagonists of the war to come. They are there because zombies and dragons.

^^ Beg to differ. Not Larry. I mean, obviously not Jaime, but not Larry either.
The Lannister holy trinity is St. Tyrion, Carol, and Tywin.

Ah, JCRB got in the middle, literally! :p

Well, didn't one of them (Benioff, I think) defend the RW with that stupid argument that it's better to kill 10 people at dinner than thousands in a war? And Weiss, I think, is the one who said Tywin is justice neutral or some such nonsense? Benioff also said, when asked if he were to be a character who would he pick, that he'd pick Tywin?

but apparently Stan who actually does what they claim Tywin did is a baby-eating, puppy-kicking, mustache-twirling villain.

but apparently Stan who actually does what they claim Tywin did is a baby-eating, puppy-kicking, mustache-twirling villain.

You mean that Stannis goes by the law, regarding the comment about Tywin being justice neutral, right?
Because Stannis would behead both the Ds if he ever heard them defending the RW. :lol:

^^ Beg to differ. Not Larry. I mean, obviously not Jaime, but not Larry either.
The Lannister holy trinity is St. Tyrion, Carol, and Tywin.

Ah, JCRB got in the middle, literally! :P

The Lannister holy trinity! That needs to go in the book snob glossary! :lol:

Yes, definitely, Larry is an outcast. After all, Benioff reminds us, over and over and over again, he's not just a handsome rogue, he's a very bad man (shakes finger a la Seinfeld).

Is amazing how Stannis' most famous quote fits Tywin Lannister like a glove. Just because he has done some things that could be considered "good" doesn't mean he's a good person at all.

It's even funnier that D&D don't get it.

Sorry, but it's late so I'm tired and can't think right now, which quote was that? :P

As someone who has read the books relatively recent, I suppose D&D's ideas and notions about ASOIAF are what I would call "first book" knowledge. It's like, despite they kept reading, they never analysed the books beyond the first one.

In the first book, if you read and only read in a superficial way, as in just deciphering the letters, the most basic definition of reading, you will get that

Tywin is awesome
Tyrion is cruelly abused by everybody with no reason
Jaime is evil
Cersei is a poor victim
Sansa is annoying
Arya is just a little misunderstood girl
Robb is a puppy
Bran and Rickon are just there.
Cat is mean towards Jon
Jon is a whiny bastard
Dany can do anything by herself

And if you enter the rest of the books with that in mind, that's how you're going to see the rest of the characters and their resolutions.

You mean that Stannis goes by the law, regarding the comment about Tywin being justice neutral, right?
Because Stannis would behead both the Ds if he ever heard them defending the RW. :lol:

There's that, but I was also talking about the RW analogy. Renly's assassination was exactly the definition of killing a few or in this case a single person to save many . Sure it was a dishonorable, underhanded way of doing it (though nowhere near as bad as the RW) but Stan did actually did save both his men and Renly's men from a pointless battle at the time by whacking him. Meanwhile you didn't get 10 dead people at the RW, more like several thousand....

There's that, but I was also talking about the RW analogy. Renly's assassination was exactly the definition of killing a few or in this case a single person to save many . Sure it was a dishonorable, underhanded way of doing it (though nowhere near as bad as the RW) but Stan did actually did save both his men and Renly's men from a pointless battle at the time by whacking him. Meanwhile you didn't get 10 dead people at the RW, more like several thousand....

Gotcha. And the bold... that's what they - and everyone who defends the RW and uses this stupid ass argument - don't get. It's not 10 people. Sure, still less than in a war, but still. And when you think that the northmen and riverlanders were celebrating, without a clue of what was about to happen... And so many were trapped in the tents and set afire. Turns my stomach. :ack:

And the RW undermined the fabric of their civilization. To say something is for the greater good, it actually has to be good.

Yes, absolutely! I said all that, and completely forgot about the breaking of guest right. I mean, that's why the Rat Cook was cursed, not because he sought revenge but because the slew a guest under his roof.
But hey, guest right is honourable, so it's bullshit anyway and will get you killed.

IKR?

In the books, as I see it, the GoT is the distraction and we're driven to it because it's appealing. Jon and Dany, otoh, the "less interesting plots" are in fact the main plots. The ones we should be paying attention but, as in many characters in the books, they are ignored.

In the show, otoh, it's like they are making time with Jon and Dany. They aren't developed as the MAIN characters and the MAIN protagonists of the war to come. They are there because zombies and dragons.

You put the situation into perspective in a much more effective way than I do.

You mean, Stannis, the rightful man got it right???

I know. 

I guess Robb's army also getting slaughtered doesn't matter. 

Archived