Batman and Superman III : Batfleck Rises

The King in Black

11 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I hope for their sake that this lives up to the anticipation... It's gotta suck following up Deadpool in the Superhero film-verse....

Eh, I don't see why they can't be judged on their own merits. The characters involved in this flick are certainly more iconic, and the theme is far afield from Deadpool's. I just hope it manages to be entertaining.

I'm actually not seeing a whole lot of anticipation in this thread. Most people are talking about how shit they expect to be. So it only needs to be mediocre to exceed the expectations here. :)

(I don't happen to share those opinions - and I agree that expectations are probably somewhat higher in the wider movie-going public)

I dunno, I'm kinda looking forward to it. 

Man of Steel wasn't great but I didn't think it was terrible. BvS looks like it has the bones of a good story in there... somewhere, everything just depends upon Snyder capitalizing upon it. Which, considering his track record, isn't much to hope for, but whatever. The absolute worst it can be is boring. If it's a trainwreck, well hopefully it's an interesting trainwreck.

I can't say I trust these sites much, but this report does not bode well.

"This movie is starting to scare [Warner Bros.]," McWeeny said, citing unnamed sources. "Response has not been exactly what I think they wanted." ...

Affleck's Batman is one of the most well-received parts of "Batman v Superman," which may explain the heavy focus on the character in the film's latest trailer, released last week. The other bright spot in early "Batman v Superman" reaction, Hitfix reports, isJesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

So Affleck and Eisenberg good, but Cavill probably bad, not sure about Gadot, and most likely if this comes true, it will be Snyder's last DC movie.

I did notice from the trailer, that Cavill with Snyder's influence will probably screw up his character. Not necessarily Superman, I'm OK with an angrier Superman and I let it slide in MoS, but I'm not OK with an angry, strutting about, Clark Kent. That ridiculous disguise only works if Kent and Supes's personalities don't match. 

it's hard to know what to believe given there was that standing ovation rumour months ago (although it was a crowd of WB employees).

I fear the film may fall into the trap of making Superman a villain which I wouldn't blame people for getting upset about. It does look like a Batman film with supes as the antagonist from the trailers which would make sense if it's loosely based on the DKR comic (although I never felt superman was a villain - just representing the establishment).

Archived