MLB 2015: Royals, Jays, Astros... What?!

Myshkin

St. Louis is about to slay the Gigantes and their Hawking, but Lance Lynn went down in something that looked like it could have been a knee injury.  Not good.  Guy has been a very quiet but very solid starting pitcher the last few years. 

ETA:  Piscotty had four hits today.  Obviously I'm baised, but it's not just that this guy is hitting over .320 after 100+ atbats (small sample size of course), but he looks extremely comfortable at the plate like the game is very slow to him.  Hyperbole perhaps, but I feel bizarrely calm in predicting he's going to be a star. 

Far from it. The Dodgers are pretty much the least scary potential playoff team in the National League. Absolute paper tiger.

Cubs fans, please don't become entitled little shits like Sawks fans. Or at least wait until you've won something.

Is anyone shocked the game wasn't stopped in Atlanta after that fan fell out of the upper deck?

Am I the only one hearing he was ripping A-Rod when he just bent over too much and fell? I was watching the game at a bar with a buddy and he said the camera went to the crowd for a moment and you could see the people doing CPR on the poor guy for a few seconds. Just horrible all around.

Wow, Dodgers.  Another no-hitter coming?  Good luck making the playoffs, much less making a deep run, with performances like this.  There's not much that inspires confidence in this team for me outside of Kershaw, Greinke and Jansen.

Yeah, it's not like the Cubs, Mets, or Pirates got no-hit this year. Arrieta was dealing tonight, and being no-hit twice sucks, but in the end this loss bears no more relevance to the Dodger's playoff chances than any other loss.

Yeah, it's not like the Cubs, Mets, or Pirates got no-hit this year. Arrieta was dealing tonight, and being no-hit twice sucks, but in the end this loss bears no more relevance to the Dodger's playoff chances than any other loss.

Your Dodgers remain very unscary in the end. A jumble of ex Phillies and Kershaw.

Your Dodgers remain very unscary in the end. A jumble of ex Phillies and Kershaw.

If we can take two out of every three from your Cubbies then it really don't matter how unscary we are.

Am I the only one hearing he was ripping A-Rod when he just bent over too much and fell? I was watching the game at a bar with a buddy and he said the camera went to the crowd for a moment and you could see the people doing CPR on the poor guy for a few seconds. Just horrible all around.

Supposedly that's exactly what happened. I saw a quote in a story yesterday from a lady sitting in the same section who saw him get up, lean over the railing and start yelling at A-Rod as he was coming up to pinch hit. She said he just lost his balance and tipped over before anyone could react. Awful circumstance, to be sure.

And yeah, it's pretty weird that they never stopped the game.

I don't disagree with any of that.  Also, if you'd told me heading into the weekend that they'd take 2 of 3 against the Cubs and the Giants would lose 2 of 3 at home against the Cardinals, I would have been perfectly happy with that.  Watching a playoff hopeful get no hit twice in 9 days in late August is just rough.  But hey, if they can shake it off and win 2 or 3 against the Giants this week, I'll be thrilled.

When A-Rod stepped into the box is when they were working on him. We had assumed it was a heart attack or something. They knew what was going on though.

Archived