Bakker XLI Redux: Measure is Still Unceasing (And a date is revealed for The Great Ordeal)

Rhom

It stands to reson that they would also celebrate Kellhus' resurrection, given the series' heavy reliance on RL analogies. No mention of that in the novels?

Make sense. Currently doing a re-read and I'm goingo keep an eye out for amy "holiday". Now that I think about it when Maithenet announced the purpose of the holy war, I believe it was also on a certain day of importance.

Hmm... You think Moe was getting into Kellhus’ semen somehow to make sure that he can only have kids with Esmenet and thus convince Kellhus (or the reader) that there is something special about her?

ha! nothing so complicated!  i think it is possible that Moe and Kel are having lots of babies and hiding the fact.  you know they love to pretend to weakness to fuck with people's expectations.  in fact, lots of babies may not be hidden from that many people.  Maitha, saying Moe only had 6 kids, may just have been repeating the lie that Moe instructed him to tell.  Esmi might be decieved that Kel was only ever breeding with her.  Kel could have been breeding for a long time and just pretending to making babies exclusively with Esmi.

i don't think that this is happening, but it could be.  if there are more babies would i would expect is that Moe had tons of kids and hid the fact and then used his psukhe legion to mess with Kel's breeding habits.  for my money, Kel has been deceived his whole life--everything from his Ishual experience to the present being a carefully crafted dream to create the perfect tool for Moe/Whoever else to do that 1 thing...

ha! nothing so complicated!  i think it is possible that Moe and Kel are having lots of babies and hiding the fact.  you know they love to pretend to weakness to fuck with people's expectations.  in fact, lots of babies may not be hidden from that many people.  Maitha, saying Moe only had 6 kids, may just have been repeating the lie that Moe instructed him to tell.  Esmi might be decieved that Kel was only ever breeding with her.  Kel could have been breeding for a long time and just pretending to making babies exclusively with Esmi.

i don't think that this is happening, but it could be.  if there are more babies would i would expect is that Moe had tons of kids and hid the fact and then used his psukhe legion to mess with Kel's breeding habits.  for my money, Kel has been deceived his whole life--everything from his Ishual experience to the present being a carefully crafted dream to create the perfect tool for Moe/Whoever else to do that 1 thing....

Well, we learn that The Thousandfold Thought is Virmasta, lie becoming life. Moe explains this to Kellhus in their meeting in Kyudea. So, I agree that Kellhus has been living a lie the moment he left Ishual, maybe even before. Virmasta is central to this story that is a definite and I don't know why it isn't discussed more. I think it all relates to the gods and literally everything central to the story. It confuses the shit out of me trying to think about it, tbh.

ETA: the Tusk, is Virmasta since the Inchoroi made changes (lies) to it. The tractate, seswatha's dreams?, he'll the list goes on and on. What is the true reality of Earwa? 

Just a heads up, we recorded a new tSA Cast last night.  We need to edit and compare recordings (to see which sounds best) and then get it uploaded, so stay tuned.  It was myself, Bolivar, and Madness on this one (although Garet Jax was lurking too) and we discuss the Slog (Reread) and wrap up tDtCB (and I ceaselessly babble on).  Stay tuned!

viramsata is nifty, especially when considered in conjunction with the other games in  the story (benjuka, gandoch).  it's a slick little gloss on one version of marxist ideology theory--lies adopted and lived as though true--incorporated into the Real thereby--manifestly actual falseness, even a true Falsity.  anyway, my margins have cute little 'b/g/v?' notations every time there's some generalized ludic reference in the RSB.

viramsata is nifty, especially when considered in conjunction with the other games in  the story (benjuka, gandoch).  it's a slick little gloss on one version of marxist ideology theory--lies adopted and lived as though true--incorporated into the Real thereby--manifestly actual falseness, even a true Falsity.  anyway, my margins have cute little 'b/g/v?' notations every time there's some generalized ludic reference in RSB.

So, I never thought the game of Benjuka affected the story, but now that you've said it's most assuredly true. Its neat how all those are incorporated into the story. I have many notes on Virmasta piling up after this reread.

Off topic, but does anyone recall a series of children's books by a female author that Bakker recommended once on his blog?

I've been searching the old posts on his blog and I can't find anything.

Cat valente.

Specifically the fairyland series.

Lol - so dramatic, Kalbear.

It was a pretty big piece of drama. 500 posts, one of bakker's friends coming to defend him, bakker with the awesome line about how he's fighting REAL misogyny on the internet. Pretty dramatic stuff.

Here's the link to the lj entry if you want to waste some time.

http://catvalente.livejournal.com/675153.html

Scalzi, watts, and Bakker jump in here or on their own blogs too; search for cat valente Bakker for various links if you care.

What is interesting to me revisiting this is how this preceded gamergate and the rabid puppies stuff by a couple years but boy was valente proven right.

Archived