LEFTOVERS .. 2% of threads disappear (SPOILERS)

Howdyphillip

And he's probably only given the 3rd strongest performance after Ann Dowd and Carrie Coon. Shows how strong the acting on this show is. Christopher Eccleston is great too. So is the actress that plays Erika (blanking on her name).

Absolutely.  That was the first episode where he was given a chance to achieve the level of performance of his castmates.  Ann Dowd owned the episode but Theroux did well, given the context of his character.  I'm sure it's difficult to portray Kevin without going over the top but he is making it believable.  

Wow, I did not see that coming. That ending was damn good. I love the symbolism of the birds buried in the box. Meg was a bit of a bore last season but I really love her story this season. I love the characters reactions to everyone meeting up in Jarden. And Matt and Meg had a nice little scene together. This season finale is eagerly anticipated.

I just got a chance to see the episode. The Evie reveal at the end was absolutely amazing. This season has brought that revelation out perfectly with the exposition on her family and the town as a whole. I can not believe what a masterful job Lindelhoff has done with this one. If I could get one holiday wish, it would be another season of this show.

Have to say I really didn't expect for the girls to be in the camper. I was going with the obvious, a bomb. But this makes more sense, get a remnant(??) group going inside the miracle. Since they live there the guards can't keep them out. Now they can spread their creepy stares to that place as well.

Have to say I really didn't expect for the girls to be in the camper. I was going with the obvious, a bomb. But this makes more sense, get a remnant(??) group going inside the miracle. Since they live there the guards can't keep them out. Now they can spread their creepy stares to that place as well.

I'm not sure how effective the GR would be in Jarden. Although I could see them exploding Jarden to remove the only "Safe" place left.

I"m a bit confused on the timeline of when Meg visited Jardin. The story wasn't told in sequence was it?

I think it was, for the most part. Pretty sure they mentioned it was about 2 years post-departure when when she visited Jarden, the first episode of season 1 started about 3 years after.

Is it too much to ask that the federal fingerprint database is going to work slower than the guilty remnant conflagration?

Yeah, I thought so.  I'm trying to figure out who is going to kill who first.  Is Kevin going to kill John in self defense?  Or is John going to kill Kevin?  And if John lives long enough, how many of the guilty remnant are going down at his hands?  Or will it be more of a town effort, leaving the goats alone and replacing them with white clad mutes?

I am betting that the three ropes on the Jarden bridge in Kevin's out of body experience last week come in play next week. There seems to be one for each of the girls. With the Guilty Remnant's propensity for suicide, I am thinking that may be part of the big thing Meg is brewing up. I do not know what the plastic explosives are for yet though...

I seem to remember when Meg was being asked about what she was doing there was a subliminal image that popped up showing the camper on the bridge. I took that as she was going to blow up the bridge to "miracle". But now with the girls back in the picture and as HP noted, three ropes hanging off the bridge in Kevins experience, who knows?

Shit, I'm so late on this.  I just started a new job and haven't found the time, but I've been meaning to post this interview that Justin Theroux did with The Hollywood Reporter for "International Assassin".  He talks about the supernatural/sci-fi and religious/spiritual elements of the show, the dynamic between Kevin and Patti, getting hurt on set, etc etc. It's a little lengthy, but interesting nonetheless and worth a read.  A snippet:

It’s the interaction that you were hinting at in the beginning of the season when you said, “I can’t give away what does happen, but Damon really did something miraculous with that character that is far beyond just a device to torture my character. He did something wonderful.” Correct?

Yeah, and I just found it so touching. It’s weird because when me and Ann would talk about it, we’d always talk about it as some sort of love story, and we would think of our scenes as love scenes. There were all those scenes in the cabin and obviously they were sort of a couple, and the fact that by the end of episode eight he has to do this mercy killing to put this person out of her pain and to deliver her to some other higher realm or higher version of herself, I just thought was complete masterful storytelling. It was beautiful what Damon did with these characters and you wouldn’t be able to predict something like that. Him and Tom are so good at really fleshing these characters out. All of them, whether its Nora (Carrie Coon) or Laurie (Amy Brenneman), the time he’s spent with them. He really puts the hours in to make sure that these people are realized people in this heightened reality or world. It’s so grounded for what’s technically sci-fi.

He was on LIVE with Kelly & Michael this morning as well, although I'm afraid there's not much to report from that one.  

Anyway, can we get a round of applause for Ann Dowd?  This was one of the best episodes of the season, if not the whole series, and I knew s2e08 was going to be quality television when it opened with Theroux jumping buck ass naked out of the bathtub.  But it was really her episode as much as it was his.  She knocked it out of the park and I'll be a little saddened if this really was Patti's last hoorah.  As much of a nuisance as her character was, she's definitely been one of the highlights of the series.  There are so many consistently strong performers on this show, especially the women, and after last week's episode I can't decide who my favorite is.  It's a close draw between Coon and Dowd for the best actresses, I think.  

Now, for this week's episode... holy shit, I did not see Evie & Co. coming!  I'm another who figured it was some kind of explosive device in the camper, but it certainly makes sense.  There's some good ideas being tossed around here and I can't wait to see what Meg and the GR have planned for Miracle.  This truly is the best show on TV that no one seems to be watching and I hope we get some good news about a third season, soon!

Archived