NFL Season Week 13: Better to live 1 day as a Packer than 100 years as a Lion

Trebla

Not really

I understand that fans should stay to the bitter end, but when the Pats just swing the game by, what? 28 points - on like 4 plays?  I can't blame anyone for leaving that shitty game.  

Pats played well for like 6 minutes.  Terrible special teams play, highly questionable play-calling, Brady throwing 2 picks, and then three straight plays with three straight drops to end it.  Brady cannot count on the O the way it sits right now.  Need guys to get healthy and hope to sneak into the AFc Championship game which, as of this moment, is being played in Denver.  

I know he's never been anything more than a curb to step over, but I bet you've never been praying to see Manning before.

I know he's never been anything more than a curb to step over, but I bet you've never been praying to see Manning before.

Brock did not look good today. So there is a chance that Manning comes back. Peyton will be on a very short leash. Any sign of trouble, he will be benched his injury will flare up.

As of now, the Benglas are the number 1 seed. But, if the Broncos win out (they play the  Bengals), Denver will be number 1 seed.

Getting the #1 seed in the AFC will be huge. Means you only have to beat 1 of the other monster teams. #2 and #3 seeds will have to run the gauntlet. 

I mean sure the Chiefs are hot right now but each of these teams would be delighted if Andy Reid came to town. Same if it's Ben-the-perpetually-injured or Andrew the Giant. 

Bengals and Broncos both play the Steelers so it's still a bit unclear. But definitely looking like that game will decide who gets relegated to having to deal with the Patriots. 

Brock did not look good today. So there is a chance that Manning comes back. Peyton will be on a very short leash. Any sign of trouble, he will be benched his injury will flare up.

True though the one big advantage the Brockstar brings is that he can take snaps under center. Makes CJA and Hillman more valuable. They can have a normal Kubiak run game which compliments and helps the defense. 

I mean they didn't need Brock to do anything at all to beat the Chargers. But presumably he'll have to show something against the Raiders next week or rumblings will be getting louder. 

As of now, the Benglas are the number 1 seed. But, if the Broncos win out (they play the  Bengals), Denver will be number 1 seed.

Solid point.  Yeah, Pats are almost locked into the #3 slot right now.  

@Jace:  Manning is not coming back as a Bronco; Brock is playing great  well enough now and not as bad as Manning was earlier and Denver will not have Manning back barring an injury, and I don't root for injuries.    

Unless its Rothlesberger or Incognito.  I dream that one day they will have a douche-bag-on-douche-bag collision.  

The major problem I have with this loss was that it was a breakdown at every level.  Coaching disaster with that on-sides pooch kick in the 2nd quarter, when you are up by 14.  Then the special teams gave up 14 points with the Eagles O running three whole plays for 1 yard.  After that, Brady threw two horrifying picks.  The D eventually got into the act with a shitty late TD, before redeeming themselves with a late  fumble.  

The Pats are a team that PRIDES itself on special teams play.  To have THAT kind of swing (after that fumble on the punt last week) shows how far they have fallen.  The Pats have to just get back out there, play football and get healthy.  If Gronk and Edleman come back on O and Hightower rejoins Collins on D, I think they can compete in the playoffs.  

On the road.  

That SUCKS. . .

Getting the #1 seed in the AFC will be huge. Means you only have to beat 1 of the other monster teams. #2 and #3 seeds will have to run the gauntlet. 

I mean sure the Chiefs are hot right now but each of these teams would be delighted if Andy Reid came to town. Same if it's Ben-the-perpetually-injured or Andrew the Giant. 

<>

True though the one big advantage the Brockstar brings is that he can take snaps under center. Makes CJA and Hillman more valuable. They can have a normal Kubiak run game which compliments and helps the defense. 

Agreed.

Solid point.  Yeah, Pats are almost locked into the #3 slot right now.  

<snip>

If NE wins out, they cannot be any  lower than the number two seed. Either the Broncos or the Bengals will have at least three losses as htey play each other.

I'm having an argument with Aaron Schatz on Twitter. He still thinks Brady is mvp. The performance of the pats in the last two weeks makes me think Gronk is a good candidate.

Well, there is a counter to that, namely EVEN WITH Gronk on the field for 58 of the 60 min of football, Pats still lost.  

Everything in the NFL goes through the QB, so on O if your QB is not very good, you have no long-term chance in the NFL.  Gronk is amazing (and if you want to vote for him for MVP- be my guess), but the Pats have won some games this season when Gronk has been an after thought (though drawing double-coverage and then some helps).  Hence, Pats can win with Gronk not having a good game; Pats CANNOT win if Brady does not have a good game.  

Thank god for that, I almost felt the poisonous bite of hope for a second.

I can't lose tonight. If the Colts win, FUCK YEAH! But when they lose, I get to listen to the fucking morons who actually think Hasselbeck should start out the season backtrack or (potentially more hilariously) double-down.

When I left Indy to move to Texas in my little '99 Honda Civic my dad told me three things.

1) I love you, no matter what.

2) Call me if you need anything.

3) Never trust a man with a goatee. 

I should have listened.

I'm glad you quoted my post. That way the hideousness could be doubled. Found the biggest picture I could find just for you PQJ :P 

(I have never seen a man more in need of a Chuck Norris roundhouse to the face. I swear to God.) 

Well, there is a counter to that, namely EVEN WITH Gronk on the field for 58 of the 60 min of football, Pats still lost.  

Everything in the NFL goes through the QB, so on O if your QB is not very good, you have no long-term chance in the NFL.  Gronk is amazing (and if you want to vote for him for MVP- be my guess), but the Pats have won some games this season when Gronk has been an after thought (though drawing double-coverage and then some helps).  Hence, Pats can win with Gronk not having a good game; Pats CANNOT win if Brady does not have a good game.  

Maybe. I'm not convinced that Gronk has had a bad game yet. He might not have had a lot of catches, but I suspect he was doing other things.

And he plays a lot on special teams too, and that has been an issue.

Mostly, Brady has looked pretty mortal since he was out.

Archived