NFL Season Week 13: Better to live 1 day as a Packer than 100 years as a Lion

Trebla

I saw at least three terrible drops by Pats players today.  Two on that last possession where he threw perfect spirals right at LaFell's and Amendola's faces.

I don't think Brady played poorly at all. The pick was a result of the receiver pulling up on his route. At least Brady seemed to think so.

And the near comeback was Montana-esque but for some critical dropped passes.

Special teams lost that game, not Brady.

MATT HASSELBECK IS BETTER THAN ANDREW LUCK!!! HE'S WON 4 HOLE GAMES!!!

I have a secret to tell you all that I doubt you'll hear from your normal media outlets. The Colts would have still lost this game if Andrew Luck were playing, because the O-line is a joke and the defense is fucking hilarious.

MATT HASSELBECK IS BETTER THAN ANDREW LUCK!!! HE'S WON 4 HOLE GAMES!!!

I have a secret to tell you all that I doubt you'll hear from your normal media outlets. The Colts would have still lost this game if Andrew Luck were playing, because the O-line is a joke and the defense is fucking hilarious.

Yeah they're probably losing this game with Luck but, fuck, at least he gives 'em a puncher's chance. Hasselbeck's relentless steadyness isn't going to beat good teams. And last I checked it's all good teams in the playoffs. 

WTF?  That was clearly only one pump.

I don't think the ref was in proper position to judge

key%20peele%20football%2013.jpg

WTF?  That was clearly only one pump.

lols.

Yeah they're probably losing this game with Luck but, fuck, at least he gives 'em a puncher's chance. Hasselbeck's relentless steadyness isn't going to beat good teams. And last I checked it's all good teams in the playoffs. 

I just want to be clear, I was being sarcastic as fuck about keeping Hasselbeck. I agree with every word you said.

I am going to be captain obvious here. No one will want to play the steelers and the seahawks this playoffs. Both teams will probably grab the number 5 seeds and look primed for a long playoff run. I feel pity for the NFC East and the AFC South winners. The number one seeds may have to play these teams in the divisional rounds. May be gettig the number 2 seed is not such a bad thing after all.....

I think the Seahawks would like to play the Steelers again. That wasn't so bad for them. 

I don't think that much of the Steeler's chances outside of shitty teams like Indy. They already lost to the Bengals and they had Bell. I don't see them doing well against Denver's D and I don't see them doing well against Cinci's O at all. New England...kinda depends on how healthy they are. They're probably the best of the rest of the AFC - but is that saying all that much this year?

And that's the other problem. They're behind the Jets and the Chiefs in the WC race, and have a lot harder of a schedule coming up. They play the Bengals and the Broncos in the next two weeks. That's not gonna be fun. 

The Seahawks though...wow. I was mocking people after the last two weeks because the Seahawks defense looked so meh and they played, well, the 49ers - but they're looking legitimately good, Wilson is playing consistently amazing, Rawls looks fine as a backup to Lynch and they didn't seem like they missed Graham at all. The biggest problem is that they won't get home field at all, and that's a big deal for them - but maybe they'll be able to go pretty far in spite of that. Carolina, Arizona are still hard wins, especially on the road, and GB is still a tough matchup for them. 

Really, there just aren't that many very good teams this year.

The Stillers offense is really scary, but I have to agree with Kalbear overall. As it stands right now, they're not even in the playoffs. That has to mean something this late in the season. They have a punchers chance against anybody, but their defense is pretty horrid and I think their coaching staff is pretty meh. 

I think the Seahawks would like to play the Steelers again. That wasn't so bad for them. 

I don't think that much of the Steeler's chances outside of shitty teams like Indy. They already lost to the Bengals and they had Bell. I don't see them doing well against Denver's D and I don't see them doing well against Cinci's O at all. New England...kinda depends on how healthy they are. They're probably the best of the rest of the AFC - but is that saying all that much this year?

I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment. I was tempted to tell my trickster to pump the brakes on that Seahawks-Steelers adoration considering they played the 49'ers, Browns, each other, Colts, and (thoroughly mediocre) Vikings collectively in the past 3 games. That kind of slate between 2 teams can make any cross-conference pairs look like Superbowl contenders.

Strange when your team drops 45 in a must win game to stay in the playoff hunt and meh is about all that comes to mind. Plus, I erred on the side of caution when layering up before going to the game and was way too damn warm for it being 38 degrees.

And it's a real pleasure to watch Antonio Brown play in person, not a more dynamic player in the NFL.

Archived