College Football 2015-2016: Playoffs?!?! Edition

sperry

WVU about gave me a heart attack twice today in both football and basketball but came away with a W in both.  I will take it and give my brain and liver some rest for the remainder of the weekend.

also, that TCU comeback... Wow

WVU about gave me a heart attack twice today in both football and basketball but came away with a W in both.  I will take it and give my brain and liver some rest for the remainder of the weekend.

also, that TCU comeback... Wow

Big XII ended up scrabbling together a not horribly embarrassing 3-4 bowl record. Obviously not good at all, but not so bad that you have to suffer through endless narratives about how the conference can't compete.

The playoff would have been so much better if Ohio state was in it rather than Michigan state

I know I picked Alabama earlier but after watching the games I think Clemson wins rather easily.

Watson is not quite as good as Cam Newton but a little bit better than RGIII making the second best college quarterback of all time

The playoff would have been so much better if Ohio state was in it rather than Michigan state

I know I picked Alabama earlier but after watching the games I think Clemson wins rather easily.

Watson is not quite as good as Cam Newton but a little bit better than RGIII making the second best college quarterback of all time

Yeah, I've been of the opinion that Ohio State is the best team in the country all season. Really not sure why it took them until their final two games for the talent to put it all together.

Big XII ended up scrabbling together a not horribly embarrassing 3-4 bowl record. Obviously not good at all, but not so bad that you have to suffer through endless narratives about how the conference can't compete.

Yea, the Big 12 was handed a couple of tough match-ups though.  

For one, I don't know how anyone could have thought that TTU was going to be a good match against LSU.  

I thought Baylor might be toast against UNC, considering they finished the regular season with a WR at QB that was a potentially bad match-up but Briles changed the script and pulled it out.  Much as I hate Baylor, that was well-played.  

As I said before the game I didn't think there was any way that TCU was going to beat Oregon without Boykin.  Completely shocked that they did and in incredible fashion.

K-State barely made a bowl to begin with so I wasn't expecting great things from them against an SEC West team.  

OU losing was a bit of a disappointment for the conference, but having watched the game I don't think it's anything to really be ashamed of.  Not many teams would beat Clemson this year.  

WVU had a favorable match-up with ASU.  On paper it was strength against strength: ASU's run D vs. WVU's rushing attack, but it turns out that ASU's weakness in pass D was enough that a relatively weak passing WVU team was able to repeatedly torch them deep and hang in there for the W.

The only Big 12 team that legitimately disappointed me was Oklahoma State.  I didn't necessarily think they would beat Ole Miss, but I thought they'd make a game of it.

The only Big 12 team that legitimately disappointed me was Oklahoma State.  I didn't necessarily think they would beat Ole Miss, but I thought they'd make a game of it.

Oklahoma St.'s offense wasn't impressive in that game. The OM defense played really hard and made some nice plays, but it looked a lot easier for them than I was expecting. Despite what Gundy said prior to the game I don't believe Mason Rudolph was 100% or even close to it.

The other side of the ball went about like I figured it would. A bunch of secondaries got torched this year by OM's ridiculous stable of receivers (6 players with more than 30 catches and at least 380 yards).

It was amazing all season how differently Oregon's entire team played when Adams was out.  Never seen anything like it.  Top ten, maybe top five team with him.  Losing team without him

Archived