Star Wars Episode VII THE SPOILERS Strike Back

Martell Spy

I don't understand why some people are so upset that Kylo Ren lost his fight. The guy was shot by Chewie before his dual with Rey. I'd imagine the guy was in an insane amount of pain while fighting that dual and I like how Abrams made him constantly pound his chest to try to take his mind away from the pain.

If anything my issue with the film was Rey's flashback, since it serves very little purpose other than to set up sequels.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing though. Don't most films that have sequels set them up in some way in the previous film? I think it was a good scene actually, it will undoubtedly be watched a rewatched and paused and reminded by fans when the DVDs come out, and is mysterious, makes people want more.

It's very amusing reading how many people are calling Rey a "Mary Sue" when nobody ever said that about Luke. 

It's weird that instead of asking "Why is Rey able to do this?" People are saying "this is just Mary Sue wish fulfillment!!"

It's like they're so blinded by nerd rage that they don't even bother to think about where this is going, and are instead annoyed that a girl was allowed access into their clubhouse.

you mean solar system, right?

Ha! yeah solar system, I mean they were all very close to each other to see that weapon beam going.  And how did Han Solo pick the one bar in the universe that had Luke's light saber at it?  All the questions are just chalked up to The Force right? Love it, built in 'save' for every coincidence.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing though. Don't most films that have sequels set them up in some way in the previous film? I think it was a good scene actually, it will undoubtedly be watched a rewatched and paused and reminded by fans when the DVDs come out, and is mysterious, makes people want more.

Just didn't feel natural and the fact that it's coming from Abrams the guy who created Lost, a show which was well known for not answering questions. It just didn't put a good taste in my mouth, so to speak. Long story short, I'm happy he's not directing the next film. I really didn't like his take on Star Trek, though I felt he did a much better job with this film.................even if the Star Killer base was more or less a repeat of The Death Star............and the second Death Star, lol

Just didn't feel natural and the fact that it's coming from Abrams the guy who created Lost, a show which was well known for not answering questions; I just didn't like it. Long story short, I'm happy he's not directing the next film. I really didn't like his take on Star Trek, though I felt he did a much better job with this film.................even if the Star Killer base was more or less a repeat of The Death Star............and the second Death Star, lol

So much of the movie storyline was the same, the actors, the script and BB8 made all the difference. Rey and Fin were 1000 times better than Portman and Anderson

So much of the movie storyline was the same, the actors, the script and BB8 made all the difference. Rey and Fin were 1000 times better than Portman and Anderson

Yea, I loved all the new characters. They were fun and I'd love to get to know them better. I just wish the film was better passed and had fewer call backs. I really hope the next film focuses more on story telling and less on creating lose ends that need to be filled by the sequel. I'm alright with one or two, but this film left me with at least 12 unanswered questions.

Yea, I loved all the new characters. They were fun and I'd love to get to know them better. I just wish the film was better passed and had fewer call backs. I really hope the next film focuses more on story telling and less on creating lose ends that need to be filled by the sequel. I'm alright with one or two, but this film left me with at least 12 unanswered questions.

Just like ESB?

Yeah, my husband said the exact same thing. :)

For empire it was only two...........maybe three.

Just a selection:

Who is the "other" hope?

"What happens to Luke now that he's lost to Vader and lost his hand?

"Is Vader really Luke's father?"

"What happens to Han, captured by Boba Fett."

"What's next for the Rebellion, having fled from their secret base?"

"Does Vader plan to overthrow the Emperor?"

ESB literally has no story resolution at all, only loose ends.

Just a selection:

Who is the "other" hope?

yea, see for me I only had 3.

Is Vader really Luke's father?

Who is "the other" Yoda mentioned?

Will we see Han again?

I'd argue this film had much less resolution than Empire.

An interesting bit was that they showed the holo-image of the Death Star I and then showed the image of Starkiller Base and everyone freaked out about how much bigger it was. Amusingly, this may help put a stake through the heart of the terrible, "The second Death Star was five times bigger than the first one!" idea from the EU, since Starkiller Base would actually not be far off the relative size of the DS2 if that was correct, so the Resistance wouldn't quite be as shocked by how huge it was.

Also, the Supreme Leader didn't seem that bothered to lose Starkiller Base. Seemed pretty blase about it, actually.

Also, why was it "Starkiller" Base? It didn't blow up any stars. It just seemed to have a hyperspace energy weapon that could incinerate planets after a (lengthy) charge-up period.

Just a selection:

Who is the "other" hope?

And to be fair, cliff-hangers are the meat and potatoes of serial story-telling. I think that both Star Wars and Indiana Jones were inspired by the serials that Lucas loved as a kid. Leaving stuff up in the air for the next episode is part and parcel to the genre. 

An interesting bit was that they showed the holo-image of the Death Star I and then showed the image of Starkiller Base and everyone freaked out about how much bigger it was. Amusingly, this may help put a stake through the heart of the terrible, "The second Death Star was five times bigger than the first one!" idea from the EU, since Starkiller Base would actually not be far off the relative size of the DS2 if that was correct, so the Resistance wouldn't quite be as shocked by how huge it was.

Also, the Supreme Leader didn't seem that bothered to lose Starkiller Base. Seemed pretty blase about it, actually.

Also, why was it "Starkiller" Base? It didn't blow up any stars. It just seemed to have a hyperspace energy weapon that could incinerate planets after a (lengthy) charge-up period.

I guess it kinda did kill the first star, by absorbing it to fire the weapon. But I think they just called it that as a reference to Luke's original name.

Probably because it was draining the power from the solar systems star.

Archived