NFL Week 16: Panthers at the Bat

Manhole Eunuchsbane

I fully support this behavior.  

Also, the Eagles finally were a head of the curve on something- they fired their wasting Head Coach ahead of schedule.  At least he'll get a jump on all those Division II schools looking for a competent coach (again, kidding: Chip Kelley is a great college head coach and his style MAY still have life in the NFL; he needs a GM, though).  

They fired THREE coaches during the season, right?  Wisenhunt, Philbin and now Kelley, right?  That HAS to be a record for most coaches fired during the actual season.

So, really; whose next?  Rex?  (prob not); McCoy? (not his fault his team is almost as injured as the Patriots... see what I did there?); Pagano (almost certainly); Coughlin (I envision a "mutual decision to end the relationship" like a shitty Facebook status update) that homeless guy the 49'ers picked up in Albuquerque?  

Add to the list of possible candidates for prompt termination: Jeff Fisher, Jim Caldwell, Jason Garrett and Mike Pettine, along with maybe Sean Payton getting traded. Plenty of HC openings right around the corner. Black Monday should be a real hoot.

My suspicion is that Kelly wasn't fired and asked for a release from his contract so he could pursue other nfl openings. This doesn't jive with how Lurie does things, and it does with how Kelly does.

The notion that he was a failure in the NFL is kind of insane. He made nick Foles a star. 2 of 3 winning seasons prior to this year. He was a failure as a gm. Doesn't make him a bad coach in the NFL.

Not a bad coach. Just a terrible GM. Like McDaniels.

But his demanding personnel control is unquestionably the reason he's gone now. 

Pats look like they are facing a cake walk to the Super Bowl. As it stands now, the second best QB in the AFC playoffs is either Alex Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick. And the other three QBs, again as it stands now, are Brock, McCarron and the Weed Man. Let that soak in.

Now compare that to the NFC playoffs, which has 4 studs (Cam, Palmer, Rodgers and Wilson) and two nice looking up and comers (Captain Kirk and Bridgewater).

They could very easily lose to KC or Denver. I doubt the Pats make it to the SB this year.

Archived