TTTNE 461 - A New Year, A New Moot

First of My Name

and I can't make Princess bride references without someone thinking I've interpreted their movie quote for innuendo!

The dangers of double entendre cannot be stressed enough. Let's keep making them.

Do not vote for any of these corrupt demagogues who wish to buy their support. Join the Resistance, Rebels Against the Mods, to rise up and destroy their tyranny and oppression.

Listen, strange posters lurkin' in threads distributin' bribes is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical democratic ceremony.

Statement: My loyalty really should lie with the Sith meatbag as a matter of course.

Additional Statement: Rebellion against the mods sounds the best this is where I cast my vote.

1. I hate the "mark forum as read" function. Why do we even have that here? Is there any scenario where anybody would actually need to use that button? <_<

(Yes, I accidentally pressed the "mark forum as read" button.)

2. I am going to sleep now. Whoever is online in 1 hour 30 min, please post that the moot is finished.

Additional Statement: Rebellion against the mods sounds the best this is where I cast my vote.

That leaves things uncomfortably close. Rebels! It's not to late to turn to the light side. You know in your heart that Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are only working in the best interests of the Spampire, and the so-called anarchy is really only a dictatorship with ab aeterno as its self-appointed tyrant and a Sith assassin droid as his enforcer.

Ab, if you and your band of Rebels win, what would you do?

I'll destroy the world, and create a new one.

We will lead TTTNE to a new era of freedom and prosperity. A world where people are judged not based on the strength of their arguments but on the gloriousness of their puns and references. A world where men walk into bars and say "ouch"; a world where two pretzels walk down the road, and one of them is assaulted; a world where you can tell chemistry jokes and not get a reaction!

A world where the odds of navigating an entire post without a Star Wars reference are approximately 3720-1.

A world where a bowl of petunias can live its life in peace without being smashed into the ground over and over again. 

We will usher in a time of Rebellion against our common enemy, The Judean People's Front! The mods! And thenwe shall form an anarcho-syndicalist commune, where we take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...but by a two thirds majority in the case of external affairs. 

And then... we shall have peace.

Also, I will post lots and lots of Frozen. 

Oh, and finally, I leave you with these words of wisdom, for those running for Kingship rather than joining the Rebels Against the Mods:

"It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made King should on no account be allowed to do the job."

1. I hate the "mark forum as read" function. Why do we even have that here? Is there any scenario where anybody would actually need to use that button? <_<

(Yes, I accidentally pressed the "mark forum as read" button.)

2. I am going to sleep now. Whoever is online in 1 hour 30 min, please post that the moot is finished.

I think you should extend the voting, because at this rate I'll be winning in a few days, despite running on a platform of open Rebellion. :lol:

"It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made King should on no account be allowed to do the job."

Exactly - and Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are most reluctant monarchs, only volunteering their services when the Curse took those who first presented their claim to the Thrones.

I think you should extend the voting, because at this rate I'll be winning in a few days, despite running on a platform of open Rebellion. :lol:

Ah-hah, you admit it! You're standing as a candidate, not truly promoting anarchy. And of course, you can't vote for yourself. :commie::commie::commie:

Well then it's easy, everyone should vote for someone who is not running at all! We may have to force it on them against their will, but it would be for the greater good.

Ab, I like your world. Puns are a gift of the gods. The worse, the better.

So it is. How will you punish me :D

*Blasts Eyron with Force Lightning*

As much as I hate the very thought or even the word 'Rebellion', the others being referred to as turning to the light side is even more abhorrent so I will do what I must and cast my vote with the band of rebels as I can't vote for myself.

Exactly - and Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are most reluctant monarchs, only volunteering their services when the Curse took those who first presented their claim to the Thrones.

Ah-hah, you admit it! You're standing as a candidate, not truly promoting anarchy. And of course, you can't vote for yourself. :commie::commie::commie:

Oh no, I'm only a candidate standing for the position of Resistance Leader. I'm just standing unopposed for the position. But somehow I might win the election anyway.:dunno:

*Blasts Eyron with Force Lightning*

As much as I hate the very thought or even the word 'Rebellion', the others being referred to as turning to the light side is even more abhorrent so I will do what I must and cast my vote with the band of rebels as I can't vote for myself.

Nu-uh you can't vote. Don't make me spoil your fun :whip:

Exactly why I formed the Rebels Against the Mods. 

You want to win so it doesn't work.

Archived