It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

1 hour ago, briantw said:

That was a great episode tonight.  Most I've laughed watching this show in a long time, and it did a great job taking the piss out of the pointless all-female remakes like the new Ghostbusters.

Agreed, that was hilarious.

Pretty sure that was the first episode without Dennis. Maybe the first missing any member of the gang since they kidnapped that reporter played by Fisher Stevens and Frank wasn't around. 

The waiter almost had me thinking I'd missed an episode last year where they went to the superbowl. I'm guessing this was one of the last episodes they filmed after Howerton had run off to do AP Bio season two and we'll get the superbowl episode later this season? Or it could have been a scrapped episode like "The Gang Gets Successful" that was later edited into How Mac Got Fat. 

40 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Pretty sure that was the first episode without Dennis. Maybe the first missing any member of the gang since they kidnapped that reporter played by Fisher Stevens and Frank wasn't around. 

The waiter almost had me thinking I'd missed an episode last year where they went to the superbowl. I'm guessing this was one of the last episodes they filmed after Howerton had run off to do AP Bio season two and we'll get the superbowl episode later this season? Or it could have been a scrapped episode like "The Gang Gets Successful" that was later edited into How Mac Got Fat. 

I'm guessing they'll do a callback to the World Series Defense episode and do a Super Bowl Defense.

Also, the last season aired before Philly won the Super Bowl, so it would have been impossible for them to have a Super Bowl episode then.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

They kind of stole it from Step Brothers, but that didn’t make it any less funny. 

This season has had some pretty major reveals.  We found out that it's Dennis who poisons the gang and then we found out that it's actually the Range Rover that poisons Dennis.  :lol:

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

They kind of stole it from Step Brothers, but that didn’t make it any less funny. 

I could not stop laughing at that.  Dee's rant on  the massage table also had me in stitches.

13 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I could not stop laughing at that.  Dee's rant on  the massage table also had me in stitches.

That massage table rant is probably one of the ten best scenes in the show.  It's right up there with Dennis' rant that inspired this thread title. 

Olsen's delivery on "The fuck's that supposed to mean?" is commendable too, because I actually spit out my drink when she said that.

Minor thing, but it's a little odd Frank's driver's licence expired in the 80's. Current Frank would totally not renew it and keep driving but he was pretty much a normal asshole businessman until he joined the gang. He didn't seem to have a driver that I recall.

While I'm nitpicking I also thought it was weird that Charlie said he wasn't into it when he and Dee boned. He seemed pretty into it, as I recall! at least the start of it that we saw. Unless she tricked him into a late night booty call after that.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-nightman-cometh-oral-history

How has it been ten years since that episode came out.

Don McCloskey (musician): I'd just seen the episode and texted Rob that it was my favorite one. I said, "Look, I'm coming to the Troubadour, would you want to sit in and do a song or two? Charlie is a musician, he plays multiple instruments, and Glenn can play and sing. Artemis and Mary Elizabeth had a band called Discount Cruise to Hell." We thought it would be fun to have a grab bag of anybody who wanted to come up.

McElhenney: We said, "Sure, that sounds fun."

Olson: We were going to be there anyway, because we love watching Don. I couldn't believe he wanted us to get up there, but we were excited about it.

McElhenney: Don called the Troubadour and said, "My friends from It's Always Sunny want to perform a couple of songs." The guy had never heard of the show, but Don said, "I think it'll help sell tickets," so he said, "Okay."

McCloskey: The guy asked me how I wanted it to be billed. I said, "Don McCloskey with special guests: Some of the cast members of It's Always Sunny singing songs from 'The Nightman Cometh.' " Then LA Weekly puts out "Cast of It's Always Sunny Performing 'The Nightman Cometh.' "

McElhenney: The guy called him back half an hour later and asked if we'd want to do a second night. I said sure. We were just supposed to be performing a couple of songs.

Howerton: They put it on the Troubadour website as "The Cast of It's Always Sunny in PhiladelphiaPerforming 'The Nightman Cometh' Live." And underneath, in small letters: "With Don McCloskey." It sold out in seven minutes.

Funny how Artimis and the Waitress are in a band called Discount Cruise to Hell and The Gang Goes to Hell is set on a cruise ship. I don't remember if they got a discount. 

Archived