Ramsay in S6

dariopatke

19 minutes ago, RenlyTheOneTrueKing said:

I kind of want one Bolton to survive at least. What good would just the White Walkers be at being the main villains?

Cersei could be considered a villain... But almost barely.

The sons of the harpy have no face to them.

Without the Boltons, there isn't really anyone you can love to hate

They have watered Cersie down. Season 1 Cersei was a close as it gets. She is the main villain in the books. Show version there is an attempt to make her a victim.

12 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

They have watered Cersie down. Season 1 Cersei was a close as it gets. She is the main villain in the books. Show version there is an attempt to make her a victim.

Complete nonsense. yes she is not as evil as her book counterpart but she is no way shape or form a sympathetic character or a victim. lol.  Only in the Rant and Rave universe to people see her like this.

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

Complete nonsense. yes she is not as evil as her book counterpart but she is no way shape or form a sympathetic character or a victim. lol.  Only in the Rant and Rave universe to people see her like this.

She is watered down quite a bit. Robert's bastards, including baby Bera were hunted down and slaughtered by her command, not Joff's like in the show. The made show Margeary a snarky bitch on the show, justifying Cerslie's paranoia. Her attempt at motherly affection towards Sansa in the show whereas in the books she has her dragged, kicking and crying into the Sept to be married to the Imp. Goes on an on.

12 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

She is watered down quite a bit. Robert's bastards, including baby Bera were hunted down and slaughtered by her command, not Joff's like in the show. The made show Margeary a snarky bitch on the show, justifying Cerslie's paranoia. Her attempt at motherly affection towards Sansa in the show whereas in the books she has her dragged, kicking and crying into the Sept to be married to the Imp. Goes on an on.

So what?. her response to this is to let loose an  army of religious zealots to rampage throughout the city culminating in the arrest of the Queen and her brother 9along with who knows how many others) to which Cersei's reponse to that is "whatever".  I won't even bring up the fact that she could care less that people are bringing severed heads of innocent dwarfs for which she could care less.

Meanwhile Margeary said some snarky things and tried to persuade Tommen to send his mother to Casterly Rock. What a "bitch".

8 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

So what?. her response to this is to let loose an  army of religious zealots to rampage throughout the city culminating in the arrest of the Queen and her brother 9along with who knows how many others) to which Cersei's reponse to that is "whatever".  I won't even bring up the fact that she could care less that people are bringing severed heads of innocent dwarfs for which she could care less.

Meanwhile Margeary said some snarky things and tried to persuade Tommen to send his mother to Casterly Rock. What a "bitch".

They seem to be making Cersie seem "justified", at least to and extent. I do agree with you, she is a villain but sometimes, more than I though, just in conversations about the show outside of these forums, a lot of people have sympathy for her. Somewhat shocking and very disapointing.

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yes exactly, I guess putting marge and loras on trial and getting them sent to jail, then going and gloating on them was the act of a whitewashed character you are supposed to root for. 

Making characters a bit more well rounded isn't the same as white washing. Cercei wasn't a 100% villain in the books and shes not a 100% angel in the show. 

43 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

They seem to be making Cersie seem "justified", at least to and extent. I do agree with you, she is a villain but sometimes, more than I though, just in conversations about the show outside of these forums, a lot of people have sympathy for her. Somewhat shocking and very disapointing.

You are always going to find people that sympathize with villains. even in the book forum I have found people that will be sympathetic to Cersei. That doesn't make it the majority opinion. I can assure that if you go in any unsullied forum and people overall opinion of Cersei is very negative.  I can also assure that if you ask those same people who is the bigger bitch Margeary or Cersei, 98% of those people will answer Cersei.

Just now, El Guapo said:

You are always going to find people that sympathize with villains. even in the book forum I have found people that will be sympathetic to Cersei. That doesn't make it the majority opinion. I can assure that if you go in any unsullied forum and people overall opinion of Cersei is very negative.  I can also assure that if you ask those same people who is the bigger bitch Margeary or Cersei, 98% of those people will answer Cersei.

I find your post soothing and hopeful.

I can't see the Boltons surviving this season simply because the show, like the books, inevitably needs to move on from them and focus on Dany's return to Westeros, the destruction of the Lannisters, the white walkers, Jon's likely resurrection, and whatever role Euron will play.  The Boltons have ran their course as villains and are due for their comeuppance, and it should happen this season as the table is fully set for it.

On 2/3/2016 at 5:36 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

The show has made Ramsay look nearly invincible in single combat while Jon has to work hard for every one he wins. So it seems anyway.

Have we seen him in single-combat? He's cunning, but in a 1-on-1 fight with Jon he loses IMO, unless he pulls a Commodus from Gladiator and stabs Jon beforehand, or some other dirty trick.

Have we seen him in single-combat? He's cunning, but in a 1-on-1 fight with Jon he loses IMO, unless he pulls a Commodus from Gladiator and stabs Jon beforehand, or some other dirty trick.

Well, not in single combat, but he beat the shit out of some of 50 best Iron killers shirtless which I find so hilarious, I mean a bastard without proper education in swordfighting beats men with dozens years of experience on the matter.

Yes, Jon has to work hard, but look at who were his opponents: Qhorin Halfhand, Karl "fookin legend", high ranking White Walker and Styr, one of the best fighters in Westeros.

1-1 Jon wins either way, book Ramsay fights like a butcher and in the show we saw Jon actually learning some tricks from his mistakes, do you remember how he spit in Styr's face which gave him a chance to kill him? Ramsay knows tricks, but so does Jon.

On 9. Februar 2016 at 3:28 PM, JonSnowed said:

Agree the Boltons no longer appear necessary for the story to move on.

Also, if Jon isn't dead, which I would be shocked if it didn't happen, they will have to make him more powerful then at the end of Season 5. Not only was he stabbed, but everyone was doubting him, he had this weird thing with Melisandre going ( I still love her (ygritte)) and after Maester Aemon died, Sam Tarly was basically his only friend. No, he will have to, slowly but surely, become a much stronger character again. And that said, I could not see Ramsey survive in battle with Jon (or Azor ? :D....)

Lastly I believe that Jon might meet Theon and Sansa, and hearing about what Ramsey did to both of them will simply make him mad. And let's be honest, you don't want to fight a mad Jon Snow.

50 minutes ago, dariopatke said:

1-1 Jon wins either way, book Ramsay fights like a butcher and in the show we saw Jon actually learning some tricks from his mistakes, do you remember how he spit in Styr's face which gave him a chance to kill him? Ramsay knows tricks, but so does Jon.

Given that and Ramsay being batsh*t crazy, don't you think it's possible Ramsay would enjoy fighting and emotionally playing with Jon just a bit too much? I believe that fight could be more than just physical death of a villain, it could be Jon's victory over this crazy, evil person, in style.

Given that and Ramsay being batsh*t crazy, don't you think it's possible Ramsay would enjoy fighting and emotionally playing with Jon just a bit too much? I believe that fight could be more than just physical death of a villain, it could be Jon's victory over this crazy, evil person, in style.

I believe Jon is mentaly stronger than Ramsay, see how he reacted when Roose said Walda is pregnant and Sansa told him he is bastard. Jon's weak spot is Sansa and his treatment of her, but Ramsay has evem more weak spots in his head.

1 minute ago, dariopatke said:

I believe Jon is mentaly stronger than Ramsay, see how he reacted when Roose said Walda is pregnant and Sansa told him he is bastard. Jon's weak spot is Sansa and his treatment of her, but Ramsay has evem more weak spots in his head.

alright, then I guess the writers could expose that in a show-off, Ramsay trying to rattle Jon's Mind, not succeeding, and then Jon doing the same to Ramsay. It just will not get into my head that a villain like that, built up for such a long time, would be killed off like any other man who has found his end in Jon's sword.

Archived