Ramsay in S6

dariopatke

14 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is out there for me to suggest but in the books, I think she is gonna get kidnapped by the Mad Mouse and will end up in King's Landing and the Hound will come back from his peaceful life to fight for her, do defend her and unknowingly fight and kill his undead brother. The Hound will die after from wounds but save her, she will marry Aegon but have a moment with the hound. My wild theory. As for this show, Sansa, the name exists but this girl is unknown to me.

Doubtful. Cersei has to win her trial. So the Hound can't come back just to lose and die to Gregorstein.

And Sansa's future is in Winterfell not in King's Landing. 

She wants to return home. And she's also the maid that will slay the giant (Littlefinger) outside the walls of a castle made of snow (Winterfell) 

Rather, I think the Mad Mouse will kidnap Sansa and get caught. This'll prematurely reveal that she's Sansa Stark to the Vale. 

• 1 month later...

Since I saw that Ramsay's gonna lead the Bolton army in the battle against the Stark loyalists and Wildlings, I also think that Ramsay's gonna kill Roose with his wife. I really hope that the kid who is going to be burned at the cross won't be Rickon. If one of the men burned at the cross is going to be someone that Jon loves, let it be Benjen then.

On February 11, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

" 1) Where Jon is in the books: Jon has just been stabbed to death by the NW and is in likely warg state as Ghost. On top of that being in warg state is the perfect time for Jon to meet Bran again and find out from him that R+L=J. An when Jon comes back from the dead he has to deal with the NW members who stabbed him "

The exact same situation in the show. If the showrunners have managed to get Jon to meet Ramsey by the end of the season, then its just as easy, if not easier for GRRM to get Jon there in the massive tomes he calls his books. 

" 2) Jon rallying the North: To get into more detail according to the PL, Stannis army was "crushed" and his "friends" heads are on spikes on top of WF. An by friends me has to mean guys like Mors Umber, Big Bucket, and all the other Northerns in Stannis army so who is left for Jon to rally to fight the Boltons? "

The PL doesn't have to be 100% true, Stannis might have lost and his 'allies' have buggered off, not being especially fond of the man. However the other clans get involved , it doesn't have to be exactly the same in the show, but that they rally with Jon in the books is almost certain.

I won't get into the other reasons because I think they aren't all that relevant. Stannis is going to die, there is no doubt about that any more, so not worth discussing. 

Either way, I think your mindset that the show is going to divert so greatly from the book is simply wishful thinking, there is almost zero chance of a Jon Ramsey meeting not happening in the book if it happens in the show.

D & D have said that season 6 will not spoil the books besides a few key elements: 

43 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

They may have simply said that as a favor to Martin so people would still read the books.

People would check the books out either way. 

Not many people even know the show is ahead of the books and even less people check out interviews with the producers. 

And well that goes with what GRRM said earlier in the year. There will be spoilers but there will be spoilers that seem like book spoilers but aren't actually in the books. 

Its all a matter of interpretation. Many here seem to think that season 5 was basically 'fanfiction :rolleyes:', and didn't represent the books at all. There is a difference of opinion as to what is a key event or how closely is 'closely'. 

I still think the major events of the books, certainly WoW will be covered. If they aren't then you have to wonder how far along GRRM really is with his books. You'd assume by this point he'd have 90% of his book done and would have been able to share a lot of that with D&D, if he hasn't, well then he might NEVER get them written.

Or he has "90% of his book done" as you say, told the Ds whatever, and they decided to go their own way. It's quite simple, really. There's absolutely no way to tell how closely or not the show runners will adapt the remaining material until both books and show are done. 

If tWoW is any good, and I hope it is, and they know what happens in it, then they'll take many elements from it, and it should be faithful. It's not a coincidence I think that the most faithful parts of the show are those that are the best parts of the books. Why change what is good and easy to adapt? If any of us were adapting only the most rabid of fans would keep everything. Even the most hardcore ones would have to admit that some things simply aren't adaptable.

Despite what many seem to think, I'm pretty sure that D&D like ASoIaF and aren't "butchering it" to spite the book readers. They were mostly faithful to aGoT, aCoK and aSoS because those books are good, and mostly not to aFfC and aDwD because those aren't.

18 minutes ago, Lautrec said:

If tWoW is any good, and I hope it is, and they know what happens in it, then they'll take many elements from it, and it should be faithful. It's not a coincidence I think that the most faithful parts of the show are those that are the best parts of the books. Why change what is good and easy to adapt? If any of us were adapting only the most rabid of fans would keep everything. Even the most hardcore ones would have to admit that some things simply aren't adaptable.

Despite what many seem to think, I'm pretty sure that D&D like ASoIaF and aren't "butchering it" to spite the book readers. They were mostly faithful to aGoT, aCoK and aSoS because those books are good, and mostly not to aFfC and aDwD because those aren't.

I agree with you. It does depend on a number of factors however. Firstly we don't know how much GRRM has given them, I'm sure contractually he would have to give them a good amount of info as to where he is going. But it might be that GRRM is being very defensive about it as he doesn't want to be pinned down in one direction or another. If tWoW is anywhere close to being finished, as you'd hope it would be, then D&D should know about it, and GRRM would have informed them of the broad strokes of what happens to major characters, much like Shireen burning etc. We know they were informed on that, and a while ago, so its likely they know a lot more.

The other consideration is that the show has a limited number of seasons left to finish. The books can go on indefinitely if necessary. They need to start hurrying the plot along and gaining momentum towards the end game, something GRRM has seemingly put off for quite some time. They will be making more and more changes in order to get that to happen, and it will mean more than anything simply cutting out a lot of unnecessary material, stuff that doesn't move them towards the end game. You can see this already with Aegon and Quentyn being cut, but there will probably be a lot more of that from now on. So when they say the show won't spoil the books.. well, it will.. but large parts of the books will be untouched.

12 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

D & D have said that season 6 will not spoil the books besides a few key elements: 

I believe that. If you would start to read Feast and Dance after watching S5, what would you really have been spoiled on ?

Jon getting elected as LC and later stabbed
Dany rides Drogon out of a fighting pit and encounters a khalasar. Before, she has trouble dealing with a group called "Sons of the Harpy"
A religious movement gathers power in KL and forces Cersei to do her walk
Arya is an apprentice with the FM
Tyrion travels through Essos/get's abducted by Jorah
The Mountain is "alive"
Sam goes to the citadel

That's pretty much it and with S6/Winds the similarities will be even fewer most likely.

11 minutes ago, Rhollo said:

I believe that. If you would start to read Feast and Dance after watching S5, what would you really have been spoiled on ?

Jon getting elected as LC and later stabbed
Dany rides Drogon out of a fighting pit and encounters a khalasar. Before, she has trouble dealing with a group called "Sons of the Harpy"
A religious movement gathers power in KL and forces Cersei to do her walk
Arya is an apprentice with the FM
Tyrion travels through Essos/get's abducted by Jorah
The Mountain is "alive"
Sam goes to the citadel

That's pretty much it and with S6/Winds the similarities will be even fewer most likely.

We can cross the first off the list since Jon is elected LC in ASoS. 

With the show steadily progressing and outpacing the books, ASOIAF is losing relevance. If TWOW and ADOS aren't out by the time GOT wraps up. and people will still have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting...many will just accept the show's ending and the preceeding storylines (from those non-existing books) and move on. And ASOIAF's fanbase is nothing compared to GOT's. Many book readers have lost or are losing interest in ASOIAF already due to the long wait and the presence of the show which comes out every year. The latest comments from D+D are a courtesy to Martin and the book readers. They add a layer of uncertainty about what's show-only and what's in both, so that the books aren't too spoiled, can still surprise. Now many show detractors don't have an excuse for why they keep watching. That excuse being 'it's impossible to avoid spoilers anyway'. It's ironic because the same people keep saying the show is 'fanfiction'. So if it is, tthere are no spoilers to avoid. Having said that, the ending and key elements will stay the same, some material will be from adwd and affc. 

9 hours ago, Lautrec said:

I'm sorry but this argument of blaming ADWD for s5 faults is silly considering they took the one story most readers agree is the best part of it (the WF story/Theon's redemption) and cut 98% of it except for the rape scene, and also last I checked "you want a good girl but you need the bad pussy" or any other of the things fans have hated about Dorne in the show ain't in ADWD either

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I'm sorry but this argument of blaming ADWD for s5 faults is silly considering they took the one story most readers agree is the best part of it (the WF story/Theon's redemption) and cut 98% of it except for the rape scene, and also last I checked "you want a good girl but you need the bad pussy" or any other of the things fans have hated about Dorne in the show ain't in ADWD either

I'm not blaming S5's faults on Feast and Dance, I'm just saying that if it was a more faithful adaptation it would have been even worse. I'd rather have 10 hours of stupid shocks and action scenes (which S5 in any case wasn't) than 10 hours of stupid mess and filler.

2 minutes ago, Lautrec said:

I'm not blaming S5's faults on Feast and Dance, I'm just saying that if it was a more faithful adaptation it would have been even worse. I'd rather have 10 hours of stupid shocks and action scenes (which S5 in any case wasn't) than 10 hours of stupid mess and filler.

Oh good grief, please tell me how putting Lady Dustin and Wyman in the Sansa WF storyline would have made it worse? Also "stupid filler" do you remember s5? Please tell me what the "boner poison" or the "cock merchant" did for the plot

Just now, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Oh good grief, please tell me how putting Lady Dustin and Wyman in the Sansa WF storyline would have made it worse?

I was speaking generally about the whole book, not just that one segment. Those two things wouldn't have made it worse by any means, but are ultimately just fluff.

Archived