Ramsay in S6

dariopatke

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

When? The end of season 6? So what you are asking for is 2 whole seasons of Sansa sitting it out, wiping noses, eventually turning up.. at the head of an army?! Sure.. that would work!:rolleyes:

How exactly? Without the Winterfell storyline.. without adding another Harry character LF is another completely forgotten character. 

Except like or not Ramsey IS a major character. Hes Jons protagonist even in the books after the pink letter, and has already been well established on the show, for a reason. Your suggestion is to cut out Winterfell??? How would that even work??? You know its the home of the Starks right? 
Ok if its Myranda.. what happens to her after Winterfell? She just dies? what? It was all for nothing? It also misses all of the point of bringing Sansa back to Winterfell which is to do with reminding Theon of his betrayal and of his past, which pulls him out of his Reek persona. It also allows Sansa to find out about Bran, an important plot element next season. 

Except there was zero thought put into any of your suggestions about how it affects previous or future seasons, how it affects other plot lines. It basically boiled down to 'make it more book'

Except a book isn't a tv show. Its very different and a book doesn't have a limited space and budget and time the way a tv show does. Focusing on the main story and not aimlessly meandering around isnt an option for GoT the way GRRM can do that. Its not like the way he did things was especially sucessful in the books either. 

Different. 

Lol, Ramsay isn't Jon's antagonist in the books. He's just a device to expose Jon's hypocrisy and to work him up enough to get himself killed for the impending resurrection that'll change Jon.

And honestly once he meets Farya supposing that he rezzes early enough, he'll realize that's not his sister taking a lot of fizzle out of any match up between the two.

Ramsay just isn't a primary villain like Euron, Littlefinger, Cersei and the Others are.

Hell, he's probably already dead by the time that raven arrived.

4 hours ago, Khione said:

The scene itself was off screen. D+D could have gone all out and shown the ugly details just like Martin wrote them in his fArya arc. At least they were mindful of the more sensitive people out there.

I can only imagine the outcry if Sansa actually got the whole Jeyne Poole treatment.

Ramsay's treatment of Jeyne was also completely off-page.

In fact, Sansa being raped wasn't completely off-screen. We focused on Theon's expressions as he watched it and heard Sansa moaning in the background. 

The books could not be wholly adapted. Book Ramsay is beyond awful and you can imagine the out-cry from wussies these days had they been exposed to him in that manner. Hell, they flipped off the handles simply because Sansa got raped off camera. Yet they never say a word when people get mutilated, and butchered.

And oh, what a truly amazing love story Drogo and Dany are. In the books at least Drogo was not unkind and only went forward when Dany consented. In the show he rapes her on camera while she cries. But people still love Drogo and Dany. But this is suddenly too much?? Please.

The same people annoyed by Ramsay like the Hound and think he's a good guy, or Drogo and Jaime.

13 hours ago, Khione said:

The 'rape' scene lasts for about 40 seconds. Sansa's screentime in season 5 is 37:25 minutes. Yeah she spends her whole s5 arc getting 'raped' alright.

These pesky facts getting in the way of hatemongering.

Yep. You see her go through worse in season 2. Even her rape scene in before she's saved by the Hound is more graphic that what we saw with her and Ramsay.

2 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

And Ramsay is easily a bigger villain and chatacter than Euron. lol, not sure how that could be debated.

lol wut

Euron is a cunning warrior-king with magic powers, allied with wizards and wants to conquer the world. He's also in the midst of stealing a dragon or two from Daenerys and Moquorro says he's Daenerys' greatest threat.

Ramsay is some psycho lordling whose only ambition consists of torturing and hunting people and would be completely ineffective without his dad.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Neither was Jeyne or at least that's how interpreted it as she made it seem like she was finally going to agree with it when she was rescued 

There is nothing in the passage to say she has or hasn't yet done it, she might have already done it. Either way left long enough she would have had to do it. Lovely stuff...

28 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Also Sansa was never made to have sex with Dogs. Actual dogs. 

That never actually happens with Jeyne in those chapters you claim to have read. I think I'd remember such a depiction. In fact, besides the heavy bedding scene, we don't have extra scenes with Ramsay talking or making references to his marriage or wife, unlike the show, where it's almost framed from Ramsay's perspective.

Ramsay doesn't appear that much, actually. Roose's supposed to be the big villain, not Ramsay. That's something the show fails to follow through, and instead chose Ramsay to be the protagonist of the Northern plot, which is quite obvious when you look at the data and see that he had 21 minutes of screentime and Theon 15.

1 minute ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Neither was Jeyne or at least that's how interpreted it as she made it seem like she was finally going to agree with it when she was rescued 

There is only one mention of dog, and it's Jeyne who says it. She's so broken, so terrified of Ramsay, that she is willing to do anything. Nothing is ever shown, the only thing we have is this:

A Dance with Dragons - Theon I 

"We'll take you to him, but you must come at once."

Jeyne pulled her wolfskins up to her chin. "No. This is some trick. It's him, it's my … my lord, my sweet lord, he sent you, this is just some test to make sure that I love him. I do, I do, I love him more than anything." A tear ran down her cheek. "Tell him, you tell him. I'll do what he wants … whatever he wants … with him or … or with the dog or … please … he doesn't need to cut my feet off, I won't try to run away, not ever, I'll give him sons, I swear it, I swear it …" 

Rowan whistled softly. "Gods curse the man."

Ramsay didn't cut her feet off either, that's a clue. Ramsay probably threatened her with even worse things, and she's speaking out of fear of being caught, and Ramsay making good on his threats.

9 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yes, it was clearly something that did not actually happen. And it's very offensive to compare rape experiences, like one is better or worse. Whoever is doing it should stop.

Apparently, Sansa got rape #1, so she should feel lucky she was only kinda raped, rather than, you know, gang raped or rape and murder combo. The girl's not thankful enough. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

There is only one mention of dog, and it's Jeyne who says it. She's so broken, so terrified of Ramsay, that she is willing to do anything. Nothing is ever shown, the only thing we have is this:

A Dance with Dragons - Theon I 

"We'll take you to him, but you must come at once."

Jeyne pulled her wolfskins up to her chin. "No. This is some trick. It's him, it's my … my lord, my sweet lord, he sent you, this is just some test to make sure that I love him. I do, I do, I love him more than anything." A tear ran down her cheek. "Tell him, you tell him. I'll do what he wants … whatever he wants … with him or … or with the dog or … please … he doesn't need to cut my feet off, I won't try to run away, not ever, I'll give him sons, I swear it, I swear it …" 

Rowan whistled softly. "Gods curse the man."

Ramsay didn't cut her feet off either, that's a clue. Ramsay probably threatened her with even worse things, and she's speaking out of fear of being caught, and Ramsay making good on his threats.

Im not a book reader but man this is some really sick shit.:angry:

Hope he gets torn to pieces by Shaggydog or Ghost.

9 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I hope King Stannis burns him 

in the show, I'm thinking he's going to get Ser Patrek's death 

That would be good, wouldn't it? I don't think it will happen, I think it will be Jon or Ghost, which is also good. 

Archived