Watch, Watched, Watching: The Director's Cut

RedEyedGhost

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I picked up Deadwood again but I'm not enjoying season 2 as much as season 1. I've also officially seen Breaking Bad twice now, and the rewatch of Battlestar Galactica is going smoothly too.

The new show I picked up is The Legend of Korra. I enjoyed season 1 so much that I watched all 12 episodes in one day, and have now started season 2, but sadly it's not doing the trick for me. I've heard that this is the show's worst season and based on the first three episodes I can imagine why. The main plot bores me and most of the enjoyment has gone out of the characters and action. I'm going to stick with it because seasons 3 and 4 are apparently good again, but from the look of it it's going to be a drag until then.

Yeah Korra is a good show, but definitely hit some bumps along the way. I was mildly interested in the first season, but mainly because I thought Avatar was such a great show, and seeing how it related to that was what kept me going. Season 2 seemed to lose its purpose along the way. But after that things do improve a lot, its certainly one of the better animated shows out there.

On the second season of Peaky Blinders at the moment - some spoilers from season 1 and first episode of season 2 below ( if anyone's watching this show!) 

You guys! Grace should have died at the end of S1. Instead, everyone's alive at the start of S2 and I'm not happy :( . The show would have been so much stronger with Grace dying and Thomas/ Campbell squaring off in S2. Apparently, Tom Hardy is in this season. Looking forward to that. 

Also, Sam Neil's accent is pretty atrocious. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

On the second season of Peaky Blinders at the moment - some spoilers from season 1 and first episode of season 2 below ( if anyone's watching this show!) 

Hidden Content

I found Season 2 improved as it went on. Without going too much into it, you shouldn't worry too much about Thomas v Campbell this early.

;) 

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Is it any good?

Yes, IMO. I started watching on recommendations from this board and wasn't disappointed. Great acting, strong plot and interesting (often loathsome) characters. One of the BBC's little gems. Season 3 is due soon too 

15 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I picked up Deadwood again but I'm not enjoying season 2 as much as season 1. I've also officially seen Breaking Bad twice now, and the rewatch of Battlestar Galactica is going smoothly too.

The new show I picked up is The Legend of Korra. I enjoyed season 1 so much that I watched all 12 episodes in one day, and have now started season 2, but sadly it's not doing the trick for me. I've heard that this is the show's worst season and based on the first three episodes I can imagine why. The main plot bores me and most of the enjoyment has gone out of the characters and action. I'm going to stick with it because seasons 3 and 4 are apparently good again, but from the look of it it's going to be a drag until then.

Elk seizoen van beste naar slechtste

3>4>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

Good to hear Red Tiger, means there's something to look forward to to get me through season 2.

Yeah Korra is a good show, but definitely hit some bumps along the way. I was mildly interested in the first season, but mainly because I thought Avatar was such a great show, and seeing how it related to that was what kept me going. Season 2 seemed to lose its purpose along the way. But after that things do improve a lot, its certainly one of the better animated shows out there.

I'm glad to hear that, it'd be a shame if they'd let the potential go to waste (which is what S2 seems to be doing).

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hidden Content

Yes, IMO. I started watching on recommendations from this board and wasn't disappointed. Great acting, strong plot and interesting (often loathsome) characters. One of the BBC's little gems. Season 3 is due soon too 

IMO, Grace's death would have been an excellent way to finish off season 1. I love the show, but I think it's a bit of a cop out to not have a resolution either way, with either Campbell or Grace dying in that final scene. To be fair, I wasn't *too* fond of Grace as a character, but I think the show would have been better with that thread tied up instead of being pushed into season two. 

Re: Peaky Blinders - I think it's an excellent show. I might be biased as I started watching the show solely due to the fact that it has Cillian Murphy in it ( How is this guy not in more TV shows/ Movies?!). If you're looking for a relatively fast paced gangster drama, you can't really go wrong with Peaky Blinders. 

Archived