Watch, Watched, Watching: The Director's Cut

RedEyedGhost

I am almost done with S2 of The Affair and I have to say I am really enjoying the emotional rollercoaster of being unsure whose side you are on. It's good stuff. Just one more ep to go.

Went to see Spotlight last night. I thought it was marvellous. A nice ensemble cast portraying a team effort where no ego is involved. :)

3 hours ago, Isis said:

I am almost done with S2 of The Affair and I have to say I am really enjoying the emotional rollercoaster of being unsure whose side you are on. It's good stuff. Just one more ep to go.

Went to see Spotlight last night. I thought it was marvellous. A nice ensemble cast portraying a team effort where no ego is involved. :)

I really love the Affair. I didn't except to love it as much as I do, tbh. so glad it got renewed for a third season. 

Just crossed off another classic from my list in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Great movie, totally lived up to the hype. 

I had no idea there was so many people other than Nicholson that I like in the cast, Danny DeVito. Brad Dourif, Christopher Lloyd. And even though I had the ending spoiled for me, it didn't take away my enjoyment of it. 

Watched John Carpenters The Thing for the first time. Usually not really my type of movie but I really liked it. Super tense and Kurt Russell and his glorious beard were fucking badass. Also a sucker for ambiguous endings if done right and this one was perfect. 

21 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

I don't even know what to say to this...

I can't even imagine a more perfect movie and there are people on the internet 36 years later calling for the Marlon Brando scene to be cut. 

Haha oh no I wouldn't want those scenes to be cut. They were just a bit overwhelming. I'm sure they'll grow on me with upon rewatching it.

It's still an excellent movie though. Can confidently say that its the best war movie I've ever watched.

7 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Continuing with my love of Nordic tv shows,i'm going to be watching Occupied (Okkupert),the hit Norwegian political thriller .Shown in Norwegian, Russian, and English with English subtitles, Occupied is streaming on Netflix and airing on Sky Arts in the UK.

Okkupert_%28Occupied%29_2015.png

Trailer

Occupied is very good! Also watch Trapped (Ófærð), The Bridge (Bron) and The Killing (Forbrydelsen) if you like these kinds of things. Icelandic, Swedish and Danish respectively.

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Watched John Carpenters The Thing for the first time. Usually not really my type of movie but I really liked it. Super tense and Kurt Russell and his glorious beard were fucking badass. Also a sucker for ambiguous endings if done right and this one was perfect. 

Ennio Morricone score too. Good movie. 

Had the pleasant opportunity to see Room over the weekend. Thought it was pretty damn good. Brie Larson and Jack something were great.

I'm glad the whole movie wasn't them struggling in a room, but them attempting to get a life of normalcy after the room

17 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I am with you. I don't normally go for these type of movies but The Thing was a really good one. I remember watching it when I was pretty young and being scared silly.

22 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I only got to watch ep 1 and then I missed it and couldnt watch it on catch up because I had to pay and I dont think its on netflix or anything :( i really liked ep 1 

I guess since Sky made it they might be keeping it for the streaming services they own like Now TV. It's a good show if you do get the chance to watch it.

2 hours ago, williamjm said:

I guess since Sky made it they might be keeping it for the streaming services they own like Now TV. It's a good show if you do get the chance to watch it.

I was annoyed I couldn't watch it on catch up TV, needed to update sky package or something. might try and find it online...

Archived