Watch, Watched, Watching: The Director's Cut

RedEyedGhost

12 hours ago, Grand Moff Mithrandir said:

I mean I've loved the Craig's Bond and all but I just think it's time for another reset. Let Christopher Nolan have a go at it & let's see where it goes from there.

Imagine a Quentin Tarantino Bond flick.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Matthew Vaughn should be the next Bond director.

I don't think it's a franchise he'll want to do. Vaughn seems to be very anti movies that have been done before and most Bond's have. It'd have to be an incredibly unique take for him to get involved. Hell, just him doing Kingsman 2 was a big deal considering he has refused to do all sequels in the past.

52 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Craig has actually been qoted saying he would "slit wrists before doing another Bond movie" so I think it's pretty official he's done with it lolol.

You underestimate the power of truckloads of money :P 

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Matthew Vaughn should be the next Bond director.

Can't he just stick to Kingsman. 

9 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I don't think it's a franchise he'll want to do. Vaughn seems to be very anti movies that have been done before and most Bond's have. It'd have to be an incredibly unique take for him to get involved. Hell, just him doing Kingsman 2 was a big deal considering he has refused to do all sequels in the past.

I don't think he's really refused sequels so much as circumstances have always led him to do another thing that he thought was more pressing time-wise or a bigger opportunity.

More to the point, he pretty clearly loves Bond, you can see it in his movies from Kingsman right back to pretty much winning Daniel Craig the role in Layer Cake. And he was very close to doing it before.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Craig has actually been qoted saying he would "slit wrists before doing another Bond movie" so I think it's pretty official he's done with it lolol.

Plus, he's now had a taste of a real franchise :) 

40 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I don't think he's really refused sequels so much as circumstances have always led him to do another thing that he thought was more pressing time-wise or a bigger opportunity.

More to the point, he pretty clearly loves Bond, you can see it in his movies from Kingsman right back to pretty much winning Daniel Craig the role in Layer Cake. And he was very close to doing it before.

Fairly sure I just read today that he dislikes sequels cause he hates repeating himself. He had an opportunity with Kick-ass and X-Men. Anyway, he may do it but hard to see why he would now that he's doing Kingsman 2 and I Am Pilgrim, two movies with spies.

14 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Fairly sure I just read today that he dislikes sequels cause he hates repeating himself. He had an opportunity with Kick-ass and X-Men. Anyway, he may do it but hard to see why he would now that he's doing Kingsman 2 and I Am Pilgrim, two movies with spies.

He didn't do X-Men because someone was developing a film potentially similar to Kingsman and he wanted to get there first, and he didn't do Kick-Ass 2 because he'd already turned down the chance to do X-Men once (he was supposed to do X3) and didn't want to pass up the second bite at the cherry.

He's definitely restless, can't argue there, but one vague statement by a guy who says he knows him isn't enough to make me think he'd never do a sequel. He's repeatedly been in talks to take on established franchises - Bond, Star Wars, Flash Gordon, and obviously X-Men - so he's obviously at least open to the idea.

You may be right that he's all Spy-d out right now, though, especially if I Am Pilgrim goes through. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do Bond in future, but maybe not next.

4 hours ago, Mexal said:

Kingsman 2. Something I personally look forward to a lot :) 

Finished season 1 of Damages. Close and the guy playing the principle defence attorney (modelled on Carvell a bit, I think) were great. Danson was solid. The woman playing the lead got a bit frustrating/Keanu-ish, as the series went on, in terms of really adopting 2 facial expressions...one to express humanity, another to express 'I am jaded and don't trust anything anymore', with almost nothing in between. 

Also the wrap-up got a bit unbelievable. I mean, Close now has a doorman who is party to a murder conspiracy with her. Doesn't seem necessary or anything like a choice she would make. Uncle Pete, sure. 

Not it sure if I'll watch more, not sure how much I think this can extend suspension...but the reviews are all very positive, so I'll probably take a poke at son point.

17 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Broad City is back! One of the best comedies on TV. First episode was awesome.

Completely agree! Just discovered the show a couple months ago and binged through it in about a week or 2. The season 3 premiere was one of the best episodes they've done, just for that opening sequence.

Archived