Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

2 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

That's true, you know what we do got time for though?

Greyworm and Missandei talking about beetles!

Yaaaaaay!

These are D&D originals! They deserve every time in the world. Just like Talyssa medicine woman or Karl fooking Tanner

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Could be but I wouldn't hold my breath. Turner's idea of what fans "have been craving for the past five seasons" may be a tiny bit different from what fans actually do want. 

Indeed. Quite a bit of difference there.

13 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

*gasp* Could it be? We're finally getting some proper SanSan?

In her new suit of armor, she is going to take a rock and then smash Sandor in the face with it, and then explain that's what an empowered woman does.

10 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

In her new suit of armor, she is going to take a rock and then smash Sandor in the face with it, and then explain that's what an empowered woman does.

I finally stopped laughing and now I can't stop again! Brienne the Brute will teach her how to be empowered!

Could they have screwed up the Beauty and the Beast stories any more, I don't think so. Watch out, Jaime!

Brienne is coming for your ear! Fansa has a taste for the blood of murdered ravens, Brienne for the blood of man ears.

(This is sounding like a vampire show...)

I really can't see any unsullied "craving for" a SanSan storyline. There are some clues on the show, as Le Cygne proved us many times,but none of my unsullied friends have made a connection. For them, SanSan would be as plausible as Arya falling in love with Hot Pie.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I finally stopped laughing and now I can't stop again! Brienne the Brute will teach her how to be empowered!

Could they have screwed up the Beauty and the Beast stories any more, I don't think so. Watch out, Jaime!

Brienne is coming for your ear! Fansa has a taste for the blood of murdered ravens, Brienne for the blood of man ears.

:lol:

Gods be good, the truly sad part in all this is that I can totally see the show doing any of these things, and worse. 

21 hours ago, Valetudo said:

I really can't see any unsullied "craving for" a SanSan storyline. There are some clues on the show, as Le Cygne proved us many times,but none of my unsullied friends have made a connection. For them, SanSan would be as plausible as Arya falling in love with Hot Pie.

There are many unsullied doing just that, he's the only man who loves her, that's rather telling. It's a very popular pairing among readers, too. Turner teased SanSan on the commentary, the showrunners did, too, and their costars said "he loves you" and started singing "Beauty and the Beast" during the Blackwater scene. The host of an interview said the show "stoked the fires" and GRRM said "there's something there" on the show, too, just after the Blackwater scene aired. The show drops balls all the time, but that ball was in the air, if some missed it, others didn't.

Here, this is from a popular recap site:

http://chryswatchesgot.tumblr.com/post/117063185527/full-recap

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

:lol:

Gods be good, the truly sad part in all this is that I can totally see the show doing any of these things, and worse. 

Poor Larry, he goes from Carol to Brienne the Brute. Can't catch a break. Maybe it will be love at first bite?

Maybe while Fansa is off getting faux empowered with LF, there will be a triangle. Sandor vs. Jaime, winner gets Brienne.

27 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

(This is sounding like a vampire show...)

Sansa: "Sorry about smashing your face in, Sandor. But, if I hadn't then my entire season 5 arc would have been illogical and pointless. Anyway, how do you like my new armor? Do you think it goes well with my necklace?"

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

@Le Cygne and @Cas Stark,

I really don't remember anything from the first episode, but I will watch it again. But I really hated ALL the moronic nonsense Le Cygne listed upthread! 

I know I'm in the minority but I didn't really like Arya and the Hound as a whole, but I thought the scene at the Bloody Gate was so absurd and stoopid, truly s 5 level of awfulness. And the Brienne v Hound fight! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! }*#^%€%'hkgrooejtjrrii3948}*#*%*}^{

:agree:  Boy do I agree with this, just did not like the Arya show with the Hound as sidekick.  Hated the 'chicken' episode the worst.

8 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Sansa: "Sorry about smashing your face in, Sandor. But, if I hadn't then my entire season 5 arc would have been illogical and pointless. Anyway, how do you like my new armor? Do you think it goes well with my necklace?"

No, they have to choose one or the other. There are limits to human endurance. Armor or fug necklace, but not both.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Don't forget mini Needle! :lol:

The must have accessory for any badass sexual manipulator in armor!

1 hour ago, Valetudo said:

Add a cloak of black feathers and we have some really interesting costume!

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Rear windows, too! So LF can follow behind.

She needs some kind of a medallion to represent 'bad pussy' because she's not just bad ass anymore, goddamn it, she's the bad pussy.   Oh, and nipples on the breastplate of course.

Sophie Turner on Sansa (Comic Con panel, 2015)

"If there's one thing that Sansa still is, despite what happened to her, it's strong..."

*cue cheering and applause from the audience (this audience has to be the worst ever, they ask questions they know the cast can't answer either because they don't know or won't spoil it, or they're just downright stupid...

e.g. "does Sam know where Benjen is?" what kind of fucking question is that? :bang: 

"is Drogon gonna become the leader of the dragons?" 

"More dragons next season!" Mate, I think you meant to say direwolves.

, and one guy said he loves the show just as much as he loves the books - really mate? I know opinions are a thing and all but if you think the show and the book are on the same level then you might wanna get yourself tested for a mental illness)*

"...she's not to blame for any of that, um...I don't really know why they...you'll have to ask the writers about why they focused it on Theon cause I was giving a great performance..."

Oh I'd love to ask the writers why they did that, I'd love to ask them a lot of things, but unfortunately those cowards didn't show up at Comic Con this year to answer for their crimes (but I highly doubt anyone in that damn audience has the brains to detect that something was seriously wrong with this season, or even have the balls to challenge D&D and criticise their show in front of thousands of people - I'd probably either get kicked out of the hall by security or booed off the stage by the crowd).

"... she's still just as strong as she was before..."

If by "before" you mean how she was for the past four seasons, a vulnerable damsel in distress, then sure I guess she is just as strong as before.

"...again what she's been doing this whole time, this whole series she's kinda been just getting by without doing anything totally radical cause that could totally change her situation, she could die..."

Except when she called Ramsay a bastard right to his face, because outwardly insulting her rapist and abuser couldn't possibly have any negative consequences, right? We're lucky(?) Ramsay is such a sweet-heart in the show, if Sansa called book-Ramsay a bastard he'd flay and rape her right on the spot (you don't even have to say "haha mate, you're a bastard", forgetting to call him Bolton sets this guy off). 

"...she's knows that, she's not stupid, she didn't just think 'Alright then, this is gonna happen'...she thought it through in her head, she could've fought back if she wanted to, but she didn't...and y'know, I think that's good for her character, I think she's one of those characters that does her scheming in her mind rather than outwardly."

When even the actor doesn't understand the character they're trying to portray. 

2 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

When even the actor doesn't understand the character they're trying to portray. 

She doesn't understand at all, and the more she says, the worse it gets. I figure if you just go with the opposite of what she says, that's about right.

From Sophie's words I actually have the feeling that Sansa might become Qitn or something.... Liam Cunningam made comments like hers about Sansa too. 

I'm really not sure how I would feel about that. 

4 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

she could've fought back if she wanted to, but she didn't...and y'know, I think that's good for her character, I think she's one of those characters that does her scheming in her mind rather than outwardly."

So her plan to avenge her family was to be raped repeatedly without fighting back, because she does her scheming in her mind?? And what was that "mind scheming"??? If she really was that internal/behind the scenes kind of schemer, what the hell was she doing in Winterfell? None of that make sense. It's just excuses.

5 minutes ago, Valetudo said:

So her plan to avenge her family was to be raped repeatedly without fighting back, because she does her scheming in her mind?? And what was that "mind scheming"??? If she really was that internal/behind the scenes kind of schemer, what the hell was she doing in Winterfell? None of that make sense. It's just excuses.

But... but... it does! Creatively speaking. /s

Archived