Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

23 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Jaime would like a word with you. But yeah, Sansa is particularly screwed over.

Jaime had a slight diversion but he is personally no worse for ware. Sansa though, had her virginity taken and her name as she married the worst family possible in her universe.

8 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Jaime had a slight diversion but he is personally no worse for ware. Sansa though, had her virginity taken and her name as she married the worst family possible in her universe.

I agree about Sansa, but Larry is not what I'd call "a slight diversion": he literally does the opposite of what he's supposed to, his behavior is either at odds with his book counterpart, or simply all over the place. He's either a doormat, a rapist,  a paranoid Lannister stan, or just an idiot.

13 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

I agree about Sansa, but Larry is not what I'd call "a slight diversion": he literally does the opposite of what he's supposed to, his behavior is either at odds with his book counterpart, or simply all over the place. He's either a doormat, a rapist,  a paranoid Lannister stan, or just an idiot.

And don't forget madly in love with Carol...

... oh, and a Kinslayer (for no good reason) since season 2...

Just now, Toth said:

Ugh, yes, wish I could forget that.

I mean, sure, Jaime in the books will always have feelings for Cersei (he's been in love with her his whole life), but he also comes to realise that he is his own person (and not Cersei's other half), and how toxic their relationship was.

He should've started to grow distant from her in season 4, but instead he pushes the white book and fucks her on the table. Now, if they're ever breaking up, you can be sure it'll be Cersei ridding herself of that oaf.

9 minutes ago, Toth said:

... oh, and a Kinslayer (for no good reason) since season 2...

Larry and Carol ... my favorite couple of GoT 

So beautiful...

7 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Ugh, yes, wish I could forget that.

I mean, sure, Jaime in the books will always have feelings for Cersei (he's been in love with her his whole life), but he also comes to realise that he is his own person (and not Cersei's other half), and how toxic their relationship was.

He should've started to grow distant from her in season 4, but instead he pushes the white book and fucks her on the table. Now, if they're ever breaking up, you can be sure it'll be Cersei ridding herself of that oaf.

As well she should! Poor tiger mum, trying so hard to keep her children safe, and Larry the Lunkhead got two of them killed already. /s

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

As well she should! Poor tiger mum, trying so hard to keep her children safe, and Larry the Lunkhead got two of them killed already. /s

She should just have unGregor kill him while she tells him about the rabbits.

15 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Larry and Carol ... my favorite couple of GoT 

So beautiful...

Don't quit your day job, NCW. :lol:

I wanted to enjoy that, but I was so mad that the non-readers think he still wants Cersei! It's like nothing happened, his entire journey so far was NOTHING IS JUST NOTHING. :bang:

Just now, Le Cygne said:

I wanted to enjoy that, but I was so mad that the non-readers think he still wants Cersei! It's like nothing happened, his entire journey so far was NOTHING IS JUST NOTHING. :bang:

This 12 minutes (of "musical"  - making off) are the best 12 minutes of GoT I saw the two last years. 

17 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Really, thinking about that quote about Ramsay... and what they've said about Jaime...

So, Ramsay is the cool badass warrior, and Jaime is a monster. 

WHAT THE FUCK. 

I can't think about the quote about Ramsay. I can't imagine anyone thinking a serial rapist torturer psychopath is cool in the first place, and these were the men who made him Super Ramsay at Sansa's expense, she's just nothing to them, but Ramsay... is way cool. That's horrible but the worst part is these are the showrrunners of HBO's showpiece series...

Like you said, WHAT THE FUCK.

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah but who wants a deep, complex and compelling  romance when you already have twincest ? 

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah but who wants a deep, complex and compelling  romance when you already have twincest ? 

2 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

It's the opposite thing again. They take everything about the books and do a 180.

But then they keep the main plot points. So what was the point of his separation from her? What was the point of meeting Brienne? And having this journey with her? There is no point to their story.

So they can play this stupid game, but they are just wasting everyone's time.

30 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

They are going for 3/3 kids that die right in front of him, and then she says GET OUT!!! More humiliation for him, as well as Sansa, ahead, they aren't done with them yet. She'll grovel to LF some more, he'll grovel to Carol.

Poor Carol can't bear the sight of Larry the Lunkhead, who let his kids die, but he manages to tear himself away from her... just. And goes off to redeem himself in her eyes one last time, his mission in the Riverlands is supposedly to enlist the Freys to help Carol with the Faith.

16 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I can't think about the quote about Ramsay. I can't imagine anyone thinking a serial rapist torturer psychopath is cool in the first place, and these were the men who made him Super Ramsay at Sansa's expense, she's just nothing to them, but Ramsay... is way cool. That's horrible but the worst part is these are the showrrunners of HBO's showpiece series...

Like you said, WHAT THE FUCK.

Well if IIRC, didn't these guys label Tywin "lawful neutral". I mean, I guess, ordering the murder of innocent small folk in the RL isn't that bad.

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well if IIRC, didn't these guys label Tywin "lawful neutral". I mean, I guess, ordering the murder of innocent small folk in the RL isn't that bad.

Not just murder, rape. Not only of Tysha, but of the smallfolk. He let Gregor and Vargo Hoat and their band of rapists and murderers loose on the smallfolk.

And yes, they said he was lawful neutral...

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, who cares about butchering little children, abusing sex-workers, etc...

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Not just murder, rape. Not only of Tysha, but of the smallfolk. He let Gregor and Vargo Hoat and their band of rapists and murderers loose on the smallfolk.

And yes, they said he was lawful neutral...

2 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Well, he isn't that bad once you get to know him. LOL.

16 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Rape, too. The whole point was to devastate the masses. Gregor is an evil rapist, and his men, and the Bloody Mummers are rapists, too. Chiswyck boasting of Gregor and his men at a gang rape is why Arya chose him for the kill. And the Bloody Mummers were going to gang rape Brienne. Those are all Tywin's men. Of course, they changed it in the show, to Locke instead of Vargo Hoat. And made Tywin Arya's kindly grandpa. They love them some Lannister whitewashing...

And ooops, some evil Tywin showed through in season 1, before the whitewashing with a mile long brush began. IIRC, Tyrion did say he ordered the gang rape of Tysha.

And they showed some in season 4, too. But didn't tie that to Tywin, of course. Just some rogue Lannister thugs. Polliver's men wanted to rape Arya, the Hound saved her and the innkeeper's daughter. It's odd, the Hound is a badass, but because Sansa likes him, they have to mess with him, make him steal the silver and slap Arya, and of course, she can't remember him, because she's too busy being Darth Sansa, then Sheep To The Slaughter.

Archived