Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

9 minutes ago, Ramsay's 20 Good Men said:

Same here. The guy is a monster, plain and simple. What he does to Tysha, Elia and her children, Masha Heddle and many others in the Riverlands. It's sickening. And, the thing is, he isn't even that good of a politician/general. His plan to attack  the Riverlands after Tyrion is taken is one of the most idiotic plans in the series. Planning to capture Ned? Then ransom him? After attacking and murdering many in the RL? Sure, Tywin.

Yeah, I don't think he's all that either. He tries to sell that image, but I'm not buying it! ;)

4 minutes ago, Ramsay's 20 Good Men said:

Same here. The guy is a monster, plain and simple. What he does to Tysha, Elia and her children, Masha Heddle and many others in the Riverlands. It's sickening. And, the thing is, he isn't even that good of a politician/general. His plan to attack  the Riverlands after Tyrion is taken is one of the most idiotic plans in the series. Planning to capture Ned? Then ransom him? After attacking and murdering many in the RL? Sure, Tywin.

One of the links Ruhail posted upthread, the Manderley speech, reminds us that Tywin his own self sent Wyman a raven demanding he bend the knee, basically give his womenfolk over to the Freys, and kiss Roose Bolton's ass or facing being Castamered. Tywin had nothing heroic in his character; I think Charles Dance's role benefited from the showrunner's admiration for his acting. 

Just now, Ramsay's 20 Good Men said:

But he's so lawful neutral, why can't you all see it?! /s

The ends almost never justify the means when it comes to personal and family ambitions, only if it is a life or death situation. All of Tywin's ruthlessness was overkill and unwarranted. Same with Arys II. The fact that D&D actually brag about their admiration for some of the characters is very telling into their own personalities. Then, the reinforce them by smearing GRRM's life's work and creation.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The ends almost never justify the means when it comes to personal and family ambitions, only if it is a life or death situation. All of Tywin's ruthlessness was overkill and unwarranted. Same with Arys II. The fact that D&D actually brag about their admiration for some of the characters is very telling into their own personalities. Then, the reinforce them by smearing GRRM's life's work and creation.

Yep, I usually don't like to make guesses about people's personalities when I don't know them, but this case is very telling. The admiration they have for all the Lannisters (aside from Jaime, who is Not Like Other Lannisters) is very, very telling, I'd say. And this seems to go against what GRRM is trying to say in his story, that the smallfolk are the ones who are affected the most by war yet it's the high lords who cause them and the high lords who benefit from them.

Almost all the smallfolk's agency has been taken away in the show. In response to the horrors of the WOT5K, the books have the Sparrow movement; which in the show has boiled down to religious extremism and homophobia, and the BwB; which has also become an organisation way more focused on their religion rather than helping people in need (selling Gendry to Mel). Instead of showing this, they prefer to fellate Tyrion and Tywin and others of their ilk and put the focus solely on the high lords who play the... well, you know.

I'll ask again: How did these guys get this job?

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

Awesome channel. Couldn't they put one (ONE!) of these speeches in the show. Bah ...

And music for the show is perfect for this. But nooooo, let's make completely new speeches, which are more "badass".

http://lossietereinos.com/benioff-y-weiss-dan-detalles-sobre-el-piloto-de-juego-de-tronos-y-de-una-escena-de-la-septima-temporada/

Ok, this is just Google Translate but...

They've changed a scene from the 7th series that was supposed to take place in the throne room but will now be a parade through the streets; the guys at L7R think it's a coronation. 

And Hillary is Stannis. Wut? 

7 minutes ago, apovsic said:

Awesome channel. Couldn't they put one (ONE!) of these speeches in the show. Bah ...

And music for the show is perfect for this. But nooooo, let's make completely new speeches, which are more "badass".

They prefer their speeches about opportunism and ableism than those about loyalty and honour. Because what is honour?

I'm surprised that D&D didn't have Jaime's horse Honor in there. They could have it go around killing loads of Dornishmen.

Honour gets you killed, after all.

56 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I find it disturbing that many people, including D&D have such admiration for Tywin Lannister.

It's because Tywin "won". Many people gravitate to "winners" so they can be winners vicariously.

The funny thing of course is that Tywin's victory was very short lived, if you pay attention at all one of the primary themes of AFFC/ADWD is the unraveling of House Lannister due to things set in motion by Tywin.

7 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

It's because Tywin "won". Many people gravitate to "winners" so they can be winners vicariously.

The funny thing of course is that Tywin's victory was very short lived, if you pay attention at all one of the primary themes of AFFC/ADWD is the unraveling of House Lannister due to things set in motion by Tywin.

Cersei really is the one who unravels everything, the Tyrell alliance, she even sets in motion the High Sparrow, since if she hadn't killed off the previous HS, then there wouldn't have been an election, the Iron Bank....none of that can really be blamed on Tywin.  

But, even so, he isn't lawful neutral and never was.  His sending Clegane out to the Riverlands wasn't lawful any way you slice it.  It's anyone's guess what Bob would have done if he hadn't died before finding any of that out.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I find it disturbing that many people, including D&D have such admiration for Tywin Lannister.

Culls an entire house, humiliates and lets Tysha get raped to "teach" Tyrion a lesson, shames and beats his dad's lover, orders the brutality of Clegane and his men on children and smallfolk, takes chagre of a heinous way to rid the realm of Robb and STEALS HOUSE STARK's Valyarian greatsword and MELTS ICE DOWN FOR HIS HOUSE!!!!!! 

But obviously hes a fantastic man who never goes too far i mean hes a faar better man than people like Stannis or Ned

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Cersei really is the one who unravels everything, the Tyrell alliance, she even sets in motion the High Sparrow, since if she hadn't killed off the previous HS, then there wouldn't have been an election, the Iron Bank....none of that can really be blamed on Tywin.  

But, even so, he isn't lawful neutral and never was.  His sending Clegane out to the Riverlands wasn't lawful any way you slice it.  It's anyone's guess what Bob would have done if he hadn't died before finding any of that out.

But Cersei is in the position she's in because House Lannister is a mess, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Kevan, Lancel, none of them are working together. Because Tywin treated them all as his pieces on a board and he never brought them together to be a united family. He ruled everyone through fear, and gave people no reason to stick together once he is not around to instill the fear.

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yep. The High Septon was murdered in his sleep by a Kettleblack because Cersei in the throes of her paranoia thought Lancel had spilled the beans on their sexytimes and killing Robert. But the scene with the headless prostitutes walking around in the dimly lit Brothelfinger was much more compelling television, amirite? And the High Sparrow wasn't Cersei's idea, but the result of a peasant revolt, and arming the Faith Militant wasn't to get the Tyrells in trouble, but to erase the crown's debt to the church. 

I really feel for Jonathan Pryce. 

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:
1 minute ago, TepidHands said:

Yep. The High Septon was murdered in his sleep by a Kettleblack because Cersei in the throes of her paranoia thought Lancel had spilled the beans on their sexytimes and killing Robert. But the scene with the headless prostitutes walking around in the dimly lit Brothelfinger was much more compelling television, amirite? And the High Sparrow wasn't Cersei's idea, but the result of a peasant revolt, and arming the Faith Militant wasn't to get the Tyrells in trouble, but to erase the crown's debt to the church. 

I really feel for Jonathan Pryce. 

Don't forget the forehead tattoos.  That was some dynamic and shocking television, Emmy winning it was.

Archived