Season 6 Trailer

briantw

7 hours ago, briantw said:
Spoiler

In the books, wasn't one of them planning to side with the Boltons and the other going against them?

Spoiler

Yeah, but that's because their family members were being held hostage by the Freys. 

7 hours ago, Zadeth said:
  Hide contents
Spoiler

Could all be part of a grand plan. Let Ramsay think he has the Northern Lords behind him, then mid battle they all turn on the Boltons and wipe them out. 

Spoiler

That's what I think will happen too. I just don't get why they'd side with them in the first place since, unlike in the books, the Freys aren't holding their family members hostage. 

10 hours ago, Zadeth said:

A member of another forum I am in posted this last night, so all credit goes to Archiechvyalthan!

Confirmed scenes in estimated Chronological order:

Hide contents

Holy cow! 8-o That's fantastic.

But, shouldn't you include a better warning?  Like, "major spoilers for book readers"?  :)

9 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Okay, since they remove Euron's eyepatch, did they retain the fact that Euron has some connection to magic as he own wizards and warlocks? Because HBO confirmed Euron is roughly in his 40s or 50s, yet he look young in the show.

Euron is actually about 33-years-old at the time of aDwD.

8 hours ago, Neue Regel said:

Am I the only one who thinks the scene with Roose and Ramsey is Roose introducing him to Fat Walda's baby? I'm going to say that the burning, flayed man is either Roose, Theon (or fake Theon) or Stannis.

The guy in flames doesn't look anything like them.

8 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Did anyone else think that the initial voice we hear in the trailer, saying 'he's gone' was that of Rory McCann, who plays the Hound?  Perhaps it's Sandor speaking about himself, saying 'The Hound' is gone!

Yeah, I can't place the voice.  You might be right...  :) Some have said Davos and some have said Alliser Thorne, but I don't think it sounds like either of them.

7 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Regarding several unplaced scenes:

Reveal hidden contents

The seeming frenzied stabbing older children possibly in KL: either killing Pycelle or Kevan? No idea when, but probably late in season, after Varys returns from Mereen, who's been said to take a ship from there.

The Waif striking Arya: in the trailer we see a spray of blood, and we also see a shot of blind Arya with healing lashes on her face. This seems to be the Waif taking on the role of the kindly man who strikes Blind Beth in her training to use her other senses. So it must be early in the season, since Arya was blinded at the end of S5.

Book spoilers from Arya's chapters:

Spoiler

Here's hoping we get the reveal (the cat) of how Arya "sees" while blind!  :)

7 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Ah, I forgot about some of those events. I guess it would be more accurate to say that after this season, we'll all be on pretty even ground.

I'm sure that "The Winds of Winter" will be published before season 7.  So, who knows?  8-o

At least 50% of what we will see in the coming season (6) will not have been read by fans in GRRM's books according to the following wiki page. => http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Season_6

18 minutes ago, Captain Esgred said:

Euron is actually about 33-years-old at the time of aDwD.

The youngest he can be is 33. There's no ceiling for his age though. Just that he was born on or before 267 AC. He could be older. I think a 40 year old would've been ideal. Not too old, but not too young.  

8 minutes ago, The 1st Storm and the Last said:

Look at the still of the flayed man who is burning on the cross.

Look at his right hand.

Notice something missing?

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think that corpse is missing the finger bones on its right hand.

You scared me for a second, but... isn't that the corpse's left hand we're seeing? Not the right?

1 hour ago, KissedByFireLovedByIce said:

...but who is Yara kissing? That's what I am trying to figure out. :)

I'm guessing a thrall or whore would be who Yara would fuck.  Judging by the jewelry I'd say a whore.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Also, we now have info that says that Yara goes to a brothel.

Good god, woman!!!  Just look at the damned screenshots!  The person on the right is obviously a woman, and not a "woman".  And, that is definitely NOT the actress who plays Melisandre. Give it a rest.  The actress is younger, has different breasts, different hair, different jewelry, etc.

There's no reason to be nasty. If you had continued to read, you would have seen that in my ONE other post, I agreed that it was Yara and not a "woman," since I had finally been able to see the photos next to each other. 

I also said that it was hard to tell whether the woman on the left was Melisandre or not, including talking about her hair and jewelry. I can't say for sure that the actress is younger or has different breasts, though, because I don't see it, definitively. Apparently you do, and don't think it can be Melisandre -- your prerogative. That's supposed to be the fun part of these discussions... people seeing different things.

EDIT: I see your other response now. Darn it, if I had just waited five more minutes. :)  All good. :)  (And I wasn't aware of the spoiler... up until recently stayed very spoiler free, hoping TWOW would come out before Season Six, ha ha.)

22 minutes ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

The youngest he can be is 33. There's no ceiling for his age though. Just that he was born on or before 267 AC. He could be older. I think a 40 year old would've been ideal. Not too old, but not too young.  

I should have remembered that...  :(  So, we don't know how old Victarion is either then, except that he is one year off from Euron.

This is great that the actor is 34-years-old, but the character can be older!  This squares with what is said about Euron looking younger than his years.

4 minutes ago, Captain Esgred said:

Hide contents

Also, we now have info that says that Yara goes to a brothel.

I thought it might have been the show version of the assault on the Shield Islands. The part where Euron rewards some captains with castles and they forced the women to serve food naked. But if what you say is right, I'd guess they're in Oldtown.

21 minutes ago, KissedByFireLovedByIce said:

There's no reason to be nasty. If you had continued to read, you would have seen that in my ONE other post, I agreed that it was Yara and not a "woman," since I had finally been able to see the photos next to each other. 

I also said that it was hard to tell whether the woman on the left was Melisandre or not, including talking about her hair and jewelry. I can't say for sure that the actress is younger or has different breasts, though, because I don't see it, definitively. Apparently you do, and don't think it can be Melisandre -- your prerogative. That's supposed to be the fun part of these discussions... people seeing different things.

EDIT: I see your other response now. Darn it, if I had just waited five more minutes. :)  All good. :)  (And I wasn't aware of the spoiler... up until recently stayed very spoiler free, hoping TWOW would come out before Season Six, ha ha.)

First of all, I was NEVER nasty.  I was going more for humorous feigned exasperation. (But, I didn't expect you to "get" that without emoticons or pseudo-html "tags", like <histrionics> text here </histrionics>)

Why would I be nasty?  ;) I'm not a n00b, I'm a knight/dame!  :) And, I'm not stupid enough to incur the wrath of moderators, other boarders, BwBers, or Ran and Linda.

I guess you are watching the trailer on a tiny screen?  Mine is a large desktop one and I can clearly see what I described (including that the breasts are different).  :)

Did I guess correctly and are you a woman?  I couldn't tell from your profile page...  ;)

Also, if you find that you have changed your mind about something, you can easily go back and edit your post.  I edit mine all the time.  You can't expect me to read all 16 pages before I reply to someone's post.

On 3/8/2016 at 4:28 PM, evita mgfs said:

Thanks!  This scene doesn't look good to me.  Either Ghost is already dead, or Davos intends to make him so.  Sorry I am worried about the direwolf!  Ghost is one of my favs!

People just have it all wrong on this scene. Davos is holding the sword out to his side as most sword users do after drawing a sword (even modern day fencers). The angle looks like he is point it at Ghost but her most certainly isnt.  Further do you really believe Ghost stands there (and yes after further review Ghost appears to be standing next to, not laying on Jons table) while Davos draws and points a sword with ill intent? Um no, Ghost would have his throat tore out within 10 seconds of his "scenting" Davos's intent.  

If you look at the scene of Thorne and other NW smashing a door down, its obvious Davos and his 2 NW allies + Ghost are about to do some major ass kicking of NW mutineers. 

I suspect that GoT didn't give Euron an eye patch for at least two reasons:

• the actor, the directors, and the cinematographers would prefer the actor not wear one, so that you could show either eye and side of the face.  Eye patches can get in the way of acting.
  • GoT likes to dumb things down (changing Asha's name to Yara so as to avoid confusion with Osha, etc.) so as to not confuse the viewers who haven't read the books.  (Beric Dondarrion had an eye patch.)

Archived