Season 6 Trailer

briantw

A depressing but good point about Beric's patch! Yes, I've been expecting a low-to-no-magic prob-two-eyed Ragnar-knock-off slightly-combined-with-Vicky Euron ever since the (exciting) casting of Pilau Whatnot. The important thing is that the man is a competent Viking. The Greyjoys need to stop just 'talking a good game' and show the TV viewers they are to be feared...

7 hours ago, Captain Esgred said:

Holy cow! 8-o That's fantastic.

But, shouldn't you include a better warning?  Like, "major spoilers for book readers"?  :)

I thought it would have been very evident it would spoil things! I'll edit it in, just in case.

5 hours ago, Captain Esgred said:

I suspect that GoT didn't give Euron an eye patch for at least two reasons:

• the actor, the directors, and the cinematographers would prefer the actor not wear one, so that you could show either eye and side of the face.  Eye patches can get in the way of acting.
  • GoT likes to dumb things down (changing Asha's name to Yara so as to avoid confusion with Osha, etc.) so as to not confuse the viewers who haven't read the books.  (Beric Dondarrion had an eye patch.)

Or he looked funny wearing one. It'd look even sillier on screen if he also had blue lips. They prefer a more 'realistic' approach to what characters look like. Daario isn't a cartoon for example.

A pirate with a beard and an eye patch, trope-ish to the max.

13 minutes ago, Khione said:

Or he looked funny wearing one. It'd look even sillier on screen if he also had blue lips. They prefer a more 'realistic' approach to what characters look like. Daario isn't a cartoon for example.

A pirate with a beard and an eye patch, trope-ish to the max.

Probably why they cut Patchface. You'd have to change the character so much so he isn't even the same (though they've done that before!).

10 hours ago, Captain Esgred said:

Yes, and, as someone said earlier in this thread, the huge amount of Dokrathi on horses trotting around Daenerys when we last saw her would also leave obvious signs for Daario and Jorah to see.

But why should Darrio and Jorah have any idea that Daenerys is with them? Unless she drops a ring to say "hey guys, I'm here follow these people to find me"

10 hours ago, Captain Esgred said:

The guy in flames doesn't look anything like them.

So what you're saying is that you can tell by looking at a man who's had his skin peeled off of him and is on fire and, for the sake of the record, none of the actual actors from the show but, you know, a prop...because, murder, that it's definitely not any of the characters I suggested? OK, what's your guess? :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Lord Falcon said:

But why should Darrio and Jorah have any idea that Daenerys is with them? Unless she drops a ring to say "hey guys, I'm here follow these people to find me"

Jorah is very familiar with the Dothraki culture. She'll probably be recognised by the Dothraki and Jorah knows that. Dany has fairly distinctive looks. I'm sure that the rumours spread throughout the Dothraki about Khal Drogo's wife. Jorah will be fully aware of what happens to the widow of a Khal. It would be the logical explanation of where she is being taken.

13 hours ago, ummester said:

With any luck he'll get torched like Quentyn also :)

One thing I do not want to see is anyone other than Dany riding dragons - I just want to see her fly in, with her armies trailing, as the destroyer she was born to be.

i kind of agree with you, but it would be cool if others such as Tyrion were able to ride Viserion or Rhaegal

13 hours ago, ummester said:

With any luck he'll get torched like Quentyn also :)

One thing I do not want to see is anyone other than Dany riding dragons - I just want to see her fly in, with her armies trailing, as the destroyer she was born to be.

I agree with Dany riding dragons, but D&D will go most likely route of Tyrion and Jon riding their dragons too. It makes for better tv. Reuniting Tragaryens, riding their dragons to battle and be family. Sounds incredibly cheesy and cliche. While I can't agree that she was born to be destroyer. Yes, Fire&Blood is her way not like Viserys would've done it by killing everyone(Dany has her violent streak too), but as Cersei said it. When Targaryen is born Gods flip a coin, Basically it could be mad one, or normal one. Dany was born an raised as good person.

2 hours ago, Mandzipop said:

Jorah is very familiar with the Dothraki culture. She'll probably be recognised by the Dothraki and Jorah knows that. Dany has fairly distinctive looks. I'm sure that the rumours spread throughout the Dothraki about Khal Drogo's wife. Jorah will be fully aware of what happens to the widow of a Khal. It would be the logical explanation of where she is being taken.

Agreed, but the ring is proof that she is in fact with the Dothraki. Otherwise Jorah would not know whether she flew off with Drogon, for example.

On 3/8/2016 at 0:35 PM, TheOldPenguin said:

I AM ACTUALLY SCREAMING. IS GHOST ACTUALLY DEAD?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? OR IS HE JUST LYING NEXT TO JON?

I am going to be so sad if Ghost is dead. As much as we all hate it admit it, that might need to happen for Jon to come back.  I hope there's another way...

15 hours ago, Captain Esgred said:

Yeah, I can't place the voice.  You might be right...  :) Some have said Davos and some have said Alliser Thorne, but I don't think it sounds like either of them.

Sounds like it's Bloodraven, talking to Bran perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Lady Kelly said:

I am going to be so sad if Ghost is dead. As much as we all hate it admit it, that might need to happen for Jon to come back.  I hope there's another way...

I hope they would not kill Ghost, remember all sadness over Lady? I think I would be more upset over Ghost than over Jon!!

While there is a strong chance that Tyrion and Jon would ride dragons, out of them 3 (counting Dany) I suspect only 1 of them will survive 

6 minutes ago, Lady Kelly said:

Yay!  So not dead. I hope he doesn't have to die for Jon. Doesn't look good though. 

Certainly doesn't look to be dead in the trailer.  I can't speculate on whether or not they'll need to sacrifice him to bring Jon back or not.

Archived