Season 6 Trailer

briantw

This might be me, but does it seem like in the scene with Bran, the White Walker has a less stern, almost open expression?                                   Like he is trying to talk or (hopefully) explain something to Bran, or someone else? I would be so hyped if we actually saw some communication with them.... 

In the scene with Tyrion in a dark cave with a torch, and then the next scene is of a flying dragon, is it for sure Drogon flying?                     Could the two scenes, one after another mean a connection with Tyrion and the dragons?  to me those two scenes together are just like last year with the picture of Tyrion on the boat with a dragon flying above... I don't know if I hate or love that they put those two scene together, just like the scene with Maester Aemon mentioning Targs being alone and then the frame shifts to Jon Snow...just gets me all worked up thinking about which theories may be true.....and how much they are deliberately messing with us....

32 minutes ago, Lady Woodland said:

If I recall correctly didn't the series introduce another "Red Priestess" just before Tyrion was abducted by Jorah? kinda fuzzy but it's either that or its a bed slave/prostitute, but the hair ornament looks too costly.

I believe there was an Asian girl that was preaching about the Red God when Tyrion and Varys were traveling through Volantis.

15 minutes ago, Dizzy Walker said:

This might be me, but does it seem like in the scene with Bran, the White Walker has a less stern, almost open expression?                                   Like he is trying to talk or (hopefully) explain something to Bran, or someone else? I would be so hyped if we actually saw some communication with them.... 

In the scene with Tyrion in a dark cave with a torch, and then the next scene is of a flying dragon, is it for sure Drogon flying?                     Could the two scenes, one after another mean a connection with Tyrion and the dragons?  to me those two scenes together are just like last year with the picture of Tyrion on the boat with a dragon flying above... I don't know if I hate or love that they put those two scene together, just like the scene with Maester Aemon mentioning Targs being alone and then the frame shifts to Jon Snow...just gets me all worked up thinking about which theories may be true.....and how much they are deliberately messing with us....

Tyrion is definitely taking Quentyn's place in releasing the dragons. I'm guessing Tyrion will end up riding Viserion in the end, so it be cool to see them start a relationship between them in that scene.

10 minutes ago, Dizzy Walker said:

Do people not think it was Yara with the kissing woman?

I was thinking it was Yara, if you look at her shoulders in both pictures, the clothes are black and have the rope/strings on both with those dot thingys....maybe it is her salt wife....

Balon Greyjoy Yara Greyjoy Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Season 6 Casting Calls Hint at New Characters

got_25_gratuitous_nudity.png?itok=bXSRli

Yes, it's Yara

2 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

It's not just the cloaks that are white. Again, I repeat, I don't mind the colourless dragon sigil, as I don't mind the Baratheon sigil worked into the KG. But the KG don't wear black-yellow colors underneath the armor. They wear white pants, frock and shirts underneath.

ID8u4To.jpg

I just don't see how you could be so hung up on this.  These pictures show (a) that they absolutely wear colors other than white, (b) that the style of armor and dress has changed even within the time-period of the show, and (c) that there is some incorporation of the imagery of the current king.

Further, we've seen that Jaime didn't wear his king's guard uniform into battle, which makes some sense: these are ceremonial uniforms and not necessarily what one would choose for heavy fighting:

maxresdefault.jpg

Forlong, I've got the right to be annoyed at whatever inconsistency I want, even if I agree it is inconsequential. And so far the "explanations" have been unsatisfying.

Don't see why you should bring up the sigil depiction on the armor to me, since I already said from the beginning I don't care about whether there are antlers or dragons on the armor.

I specifically said I'm bothered with the black garb underneath the armor. It was argued, because "black" is Targ and that every dynasty and king gets to have them wear garb more in line with the dynasty sigil. First of all, no, Targ is not just black, it's black + red. So, if it's Targ - where is the red? Secondly, not the KG under Robert, Joffrey or Tommen wear yellow-black underneath their armor either, which are the colors of Baratheon. Instead the garb underneath the armor is white under Robert, and cream under (late) Joffrey and Tommen. Cream is still a shade of white. And all I did was post in-show evidence against the arguments why a Targ KG normally would wear black garb underneath their armor. No, it is not normal.

Is it important? No, it isn't. Does it annoy me? Yup, it does. And there's a huge difference between alterations from white to cream for the white cloaks with their white book, to going from black garb to white when the inventor of the kingsguard was a Targ, who explicitly chose white as their main color to contrast them against the Night's Watchmen black hundreds of years ago. It's as different as having a NW-man wearing white/cream furs, leathers and garb, and someone remarking "Euhm, isn't a NW-man supposed to wear black?" and then others saying, "Pfff, I don't understand why you're annoyed about that. He probably wears white because he wants to be camouflaged in the snow on a ranging."

The sole reason we have this argument is because some people want to claim that black garb underneath armor is perffectly normal for a KG. If you're willing to say, yup, it's odd that he wears black garb underneath, but I'm not bothered by it, then I'm perfectly fine with that. But trying to make it out as "normal" is silly imho. 

BTW the reason it went from white to cream imho, is because cream is otherwise referred to as "broken white", and symbolizes how the current KG are not honorable men overall anymore.

35 minutes ago, 0LordCommanderSnow0 said:

Tyrion is definitely taking Quentyn's place in releasing the dragons. I'm guessing Tyrion will end up riding Viserion in the end, so it be cool to see them start a relationship between them in that scene.

With any luck he'll get torched like Quentyn also :)

One thing I do not want to see is anyone other than Dany riding dragons - I just want to see her fly in, with her armies trailing, as the destroyer she was born to be.

8 minutes ago, 0LordCommanderSnow0 said:

Ha, as you can tell by username I'll respectfully disagree. B)

So you are hoping to see Dany. Jon and Tyrion unite as dragon riders and save the day?

To quote the other northern bastard, 'If you think this story has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.' :D

49 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

I just don't see how you could be so hung up on this.  These pictures show (a) that they absolutely wear colors other than white, (b) that the style of armor and dress has changed even within the time-period of the show, and (c) that there is some incorporation of the imagery of the current king.

Further, we've seen that Jaime didn't wear his king's guard uniform into battle, which makes some sense: these are ceremonial uniforms and not necessarily what one would choose for heavy fighting:

Well, with Jaime in the books, he often debated whether to wear his Kingsguard or Lannister armor into battle, and generally decided based on whether he was doing something for his king or something for his family.  

1 minute ago, ummester said:

So you are hoping to see Dany. Jon and Tyrion unite as dragon riders and save the day?

To quote the other northern bastard, 'If you think this story has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.' :D

Hey I didn't say they were gonna fly off into the sunset sippin' pina coladas after a nice dinner with the Night's King. Shits going to go down and go down hard.

7 minutes ago, DebL66 said:

Weren't there shots leaked of Melisandre with Jon alive and in Stark gear? This would seem to indicate she doesn't sacrifice herself, unless I am not remembering correctly.

We seen Jon in Stark armor yeah, but Melisandre's presence is speculation based on a woman that was seen in the photo that resembles Carice.

12 minutes ago, Big Daddy said:

Well there are three dragons, so odds are pretty good there will be two other riders by the end of the series.

Hopefully other than having Tyrion and Jon ride a dragon (though i'm sorta fine with the latter, but it's unnecessary imo).

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:
3 hours ago, Dizzy Walker said:

Do people not think it was Yara with the kissing woman?

I was thinking it was Yara, if you look at her shoulders in both pictures, the clothes are black and have the rope/strings on both with those dot thingys....maybe it is her salt wife....

Balon Greyjoy Yara Greyjoy Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Season 6 Casting Calls Hint at New Characters

got_25_gratuitous_nudity.png?itok=bXSRli

Yes, it's Yara

...but who is Yara kissing? That's what I am trying to figure out. :)

8 hours ago, Zadeth said:

Slight spoilers for the season. 

Reveal hidden contents

During the Battle of the Bastards between Jon and Ramsay, Ramsay will flay and burn two known characters (to incite fear in Jon's men). Some people think it could be Roose and Walda, others have their own theories.

Thanks. I like to think I'm a nice person, but I'm laughing out loud picturing it.

Spoiler

Lady Walda's cross would need extra bracing and heavy-duty fixings, or gravity will rule. If the aim is to strike fear in the hearts of their enemy, it probably is not a great idea to show the two side by side, with giant smoky orange plumes from fat-fires leaping off that one, and a pool of hot dripping congealing in the snow beneath.The men who had to erect the cross would be wishing they had given her a decent burial.

Seriously, though, the combination of burning and flaying indicates either Ramsey mocking the servants of R'hllor, or Ramsey taking up the worship of R'hllor.
Flaying is pretty much exclusively Ramsey - an expression of his Boltoness, a reminder that the Boltons were once kings, beholden to no-one.

Spoiler

So what would flaying his father prove, other than his utter disloyalty? Sansa in particular is unlikely to be moved by such an act of allegiance, but neither Jon nor the wildlings are likely to view it with anything but disgust. It would make sense if Melisandre had been sent as an envoy to treat with Ramsey, and he wished to show that he utterly rejects her terms. It would make sense if the body was that of Selyse or Stannis (except that Stannis would most likely be headless - Brienne isn't the kind to take half-measures), or some random at the site where he routed Stannis, an object lesson to show that the Fire King had been defeated by him and his army. 

Ramsey turning on his father is something else, though. He was on his father's side before he was legitimised, and he depends on his father for his legitimacy. As an orphan, without an heir, he might as well be a bastard as not. I can understand him posing a mortal threat to Lady Walda and an even greater threat to her unborn child, especially if it should be a son. But as a son he has always been incredibly filial, respectful and obedient. His identity is all about being his father's son, and his actions are all about his identity.

Also, Roose is cold, cautious, calculating - I suppose it is possible that someone as scary and strategic as Roose could be killed by the impulsive action of his son - we have Tywin murdered by Tyrion to show it is possible - but Roose seems less likely to take Ramsey for granted, and to be caught off-guard. 

ETA: What I meant to post: The King of Winter wears a sword across his back - is it Ice? It's pommel doesn't look like Ice. In fact, it seems to be covered in some kind of Dornish livery fabric. Is that in case the milk-glass gets too cold for his hand? It doesn't look remotely like the sword the Other decapitated Ser Waymar with - have we seen anything like it before?

Also, @BB-Rhae  I'm not sure about Margaery either. Her nose looks too pointy at the end. But who else could it be?

nS1U7jy.png

11 hours ago, Lord Falcon said:
11 hours ago, KissedByFireLovedByIce said:
14 hours ago, Lady Woodland said:
17 hours ago, ToTheWolves said:

Is the burning flayed man roose?

No, it's not Roose and it's not Stannis.

3) The "woman" on the right may be Yara, but the woman on the left most definitely isn't. She has Melisandre's hair and body type and appears to be wearing a necklace similar to Mel's, although it's hard to see. The hair color is a little different, and I don't know about the jewelry but that could be lighting or a disguise. We don't know whether that is sunlight or firelight on them, and why shouldn't Melisandre be somewhere sunny? She can go wherever she pleases, and there are ten episodes in a season, after all, and Yara does have king's blood...

Good god, woman!!!  Just look at the damned screenshots!  The person on the right is obviously a woman, and not a "woman".  And, that is definitely NOT the actress who plays Melisandre. Give it a rest.  The actress is younger, has different breasts, different hair, different jewelry, etc.

nS1U7jy.png

Well, to be fair, they could find Drogon's lair, then look around the area for other clues. Not nearly as crazy as one might think.

Yes, and, as someone said earlier in this thread, the huge amount of Dokrathi on horses trotting around Daenerys when we last saw her would also leave obvious signs for Daario and Jorah to see.

13 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

It's really interesting how differently we all perceive the trailer. I personally didn't even notice Ghost was in the trailer until I came here and saw that the first five comments were all about whether or not he's dead, whether or not Davos is going to kill him. :dunno: 

What caught my eyes:

1. how much the statues of Vaes Dothrak have grown! They are so big! I can't believe they are starting school already! Drogon and his brothers barely dropped their nappies after 4 seasons, but those horse statues, goodness me, they have grown massive. 

2. I hope the flayed man the Boltons are burning is Stannis. 

3. Jorah has some serious Aragornesque tracking skills. A jewel dropped on the ground :eek: they're taking da khaleesi to isengard. 

4. Is that Margaery? *squints eyes*

5. Is that Theon? *squints eyes* 

6. IS THAT BRAN?! Wut. Why. Puberty, why?! 

7. It is annoying AF that I have no idea what's going to happen and all I can do is bite my nails and anxiously wait. 

8. God bless D&D. 

Don't squint.  Just read earlier posts in this thread and also look at the screen shots.

Archived