Season 6 Trailer

briantw

I think (sincerely hope) both Ghost and Jon are resurrected. I believe when their master "dies", so do they...and I'm still not convinced either are dead. Ghost's fate was left open in the books. I believe Jon will warg into him until Melisandre can resurrect his body. The connection between the Starks and their direwolves are so much more prominent in the books, I truly miss that in the show.

It's really interesting how differently we all perceive the trailer. I personally didn't even notice Ghost was in the trailer until I came here and saw that the first five comments were all about whether or not he's dead, whether or not Davos is going to kill him. :dunno: 

What caught my eyes:

1. how much the statues of Vaes Dothrak have grown! They are so big! I can't believe they are starting school already! Drogon and his brothers barely dropped their nappies after 4 seasons, but those horse statues, goodness me, they have grown massive. 

2. I hope the flayed man the Boltons are burning is Stannis. 

3. Jorah has some serious Aragornesque tracking skills. A jewel dropped on the ground :eek: they're taking da khaleesi to isengard. 

4. Is that Margaery? *squints eyes*

5. Is that Theon? *squints eyes* 

6. IS THAT BRAN?! Wut. Why. Puberty, why?! 

7. It is annoying AF that I have no idea what's going to happen and all I can do is bite my nails and anxiously wait. 

8. God bless D&D. 

14 hours ago, NerdOfWinterfell said:

Guess there won't be any characters like Ser Arthur Dayne or Hightower in the show. Just some Targaryan badass guards. Because the ordinary show-watcher/non-reader won't know anything about daynes and hightowers. They simply dont care. Just sad :/

I don't see how one could draw that conclusion from a few seconds of footage.  We don't know what they will include about the Tower of Joy just yet.

Also, they have mentioned Ser Arthur Dayne in the show already in "Two Swords":

Joffrey: "Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning...led the attack on the Kingswood Brotherhood.  Defeated the Smiling Knight in single combat."

If they've already mentioned him before, I don't see why they wouldn't mention him by name during the Tower of Joy scene.

I thought it was a fantastic trailer. I really like that it appears Davos will be playing a major role at the Wall, which is fantastic as he's one of my favorite characters. 

I hope the TOJ scene is done well, and matches the book - it might be the single greatest scene Martin has written. 

Thank's to whoever caught the shoot of (who appears to be) Jon Snow in battle. I really hope it is. 

The scene with the military in front to the Sept of Bealor is intriguing to me, they could be besieging it, or could it be the Warrior Sons? Certainly they're wearing different armor then we've seen before. I suppose most likely, though, we're seeing the Tyrell army. I'm not as sold as other to that being Jaime on the horse, I find it hard to fathom - but lord knows I've been wrong before.

As far as Arthur Dayne wearing the Targ sigil, I'm not too worried I think it shows the unsullied that it is a flashback and that he was part of the KG for the last Targ King. It works well enough, besides the current KG armor is barely white (not at all what I pictured); so I've already moved past that issue. 

4 minutes ago, Zadeth said:

As for Jorah finding the ring in such a vast place - perhaps Drogon has left some tracks? Footprints, scorched earth, or such?

Well, to be fair, they could find Drogon's lair, then look around the area for other clues. Not nearly as crazy as one might think.

Just a theory about the situation at the wall, we see Davoa cloaked, probably in whatever remained of shireen's pyre, then we see Thorne and we can assume traitors smashing a door, previously we saw someone closing jon's eyes, I think it's edd, so he may be present when we see Davos is taking longclaw and the other men are drawing swords. My theory its that Thorne wants to burn jon's corpse, but mel/Davos/Edd and the Jon supporters. Are are holding his body.. So we are about to see a fight between loyalist (crows/wildings/davos) and trairtors ( Thorne and Co.)

SPOILER ALERT

my theory its that while the loyalist fight the traitors, Mel will be resurrecting Jon, now I hope we see ghost ripping throaths along the loyalist, but the other option its that he will be the sacrifice to bring Jon back..

16 hours ago, evita mgfs said:
12 hours ago, 0LordCommanderSnow0 said:

True. If it came down to Euron versus the YG story line I'm glad they chose the former. Also seems Euron's going to be the one to kill Balon and not a faceless man, but hey just another book reader nitpick right?

Unless I am missing something there is no confirmation in the books who kills Balon although there are indications it could be Euron so the show is only confirming that.

2 hours ago, Lord Greenhood said:

But what is the point of the ring, it gives no further information to her whereabouts? As you mentioned they would know that Dany was at that location as the scorched earth and animal bones attest to and the horse tracks tells them that Dothraki was there and likely took her.

The point of the ring is to inform Jorah and Daario of Dany's last location. That they're on the right track. They will know she was there, that she encountered an army on horseback (Dothraki will be the logical conclusion), likely taken somewhere by them, from that point on, they will be following the horse trail (trumpled grass, disturbed soil, horse shit etc) and any litter Dothraki will leave behind. Jorah knows how horselords operate, their go-to places. Finding them will be an easy task.

It is very reminiscent of Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas following the tracks of Uruk-hai who kidnapped Merry and Pippin. One of them dropped the elven leaf brooch for their comrades to find.

Just now, Khione said:

The point of the ring is to inform Jorah and Daario of Dany's last location. That they're on the right track. They will know she was there, that she encountered an army on horseback (Dothraki will be the logical conclusion), likely taken somewhere by them, from that point on, they will be following the horse trail (trumpled grass, disturbed soil, horse shit etc) and any litter Dothraki will leave behind. Jorah knows how horselords operate, their go-to places. Finding them will be an easy task.

It is very reminiscent of Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas following the tracks of Uruk-hai who kidnapped Merry and Pippin. One of them dropped the elven leaf brooch for their comrades to find.

While also confirming to Jorah and Daario that she is, in fact, still alive. 

Nice analogy to LOTR.

9 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

3) That's Yara not Melisandre. Why would Melisandre be somewhere sunny? 

4) he doesn't fight with two swords in the books. Fighting with two swords is a very Hollywood thing to do 

3) The "woman" on the right may be Yara, but the woman on the left most definitely isn't. She has Melisandre's hair and body type and appears to be wearing a necklace similar to Mel's, although it's hard to see. The hair color is a little different, and I don't know about the jewelry but that could be lighting or a disguise. We don't know whether that is sunlight or firelight on them, and why shouldn't Melisandre be somewhere sunny? She can go wherever she pleases, and there are ten episodes in a season, after all, and Yara does have king's blood...

4) That's exactly why I said: "I don't recall Dayne fighting two-handed in the books, but it would translate well on-screen"

7 minutes ago, Lord Falcon said:

While also confirming to Jorah and Daario that she is, in fact, still alive. 

Nice analogy to LOTR.

Exactly.

This is like the mother of a trail of breadcrumbs. Couldn't be bigger.

In my opinion it will be Lancel or HS the one who will turn Jaime against Cersei by revealing what she did with Lancel ... Also Davos seems to be drawing his sword getting ready to face Thorne, and not those who are alongside him, those look to be Jon loyalists, surely not all the brothers were against him. 

- Davos and co. defending Jon's body vs Thorne and co as others noted.

- I think Melissandre will sacrifice herself to ressurect Jon (like Beric did to ressurect Lady Stoneheart), that why she looks frightened.

- There is definitely a fight between boltons and the wildlings (probably led by Thormund initially). Then Jon appears on white horse leading the cavalry (this is the moment when Thormund looks back). The second part is a guesswork and a bit cliche I admit :)

4 minutes ago, watcher of the night said:

- I think Melissandre will sacrifice herself to ressurect Jon (like Beric did to ressurect Lady Stoneheart), that why she looks frightened.

- There is definitely a fight between boltons and the wildlings (probably led by Thormund initially). Then Jon appears on white horse leading the cavalry (this is the moment when Thormund looks back). The second part is a guesswork and a bit cliche I admit :)

I have often thought Melisandre would be our contemporary Nissa Nissa. Seppuku with Longclaw, to have the sword explode in flames?

9 minutes ago, watcher of the night said:

I can already see Ramsay staring at Wun Wun, near seizing at the thought of flaying a giant. 

4 minutes ago, Zadeth said:

I have often thought Melisandre would be our contemporary Nissa Nissa. Seppuku with Longclaw, to have the sword explode in flames?

It's an interesting thought, combining two sacrificial precedents: Nissa Nissa sacrificed to temper Lightbringer and Dondarrion sacrificed to resurrect Lady Stoneheart. I personally think Melisandre would be willing to sacrifice herself to resurrect Jon, but somehow I don't think it will actually be required... I don't think we've seen the last of her for a while. It's going to be fun watching this all play out. :)

20 minutes ago, Zadeth said:

I think it won't be a seppuku, someone will use that sword. It fits that she seems to bare her chest ... but then the sword has to be ... lightbringer. Or whichever sword they use will turn into ligthbringer? Hm, I don't know.

Archived