Season 6 Trailer

briantw

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

While I can't agree that she was born to be destroyer. Yes, Fire&Blood is her way not like Viserys would've done it by killing everyone(Dany has her violent streak too), but as Cersei said it. When Targaryen is born Gods flip a coin, Basically it could be mad one, or normal one. Dany was born an raised as good person.

Born and raised a good person? She never knew her parents and her brother spited her, played with her nipples and sold her to a barbarian like a whore. She was inwardly very happy to see him get his molten crown.

Her son was going to be a destroyer - the stallion that mounts the Earth. She inadvertently sacrificed her son, to try and save a lover that was dying because of her mistake and ended up with dragons as her children. She has visions of the Iron Throne room being covered in ash in E210 (probably destroyed by dragon fire).

Her part to play in the story is the destruction of southern and central Westeros, just as Jons will ultimately be the destruction of the North. The story is, IMO, about the fall of a corrupt civilisation and the cleansing destruction that is needed to make things right again.

4 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

Keeping Bran out for a whole season was not a good idea. He looks like he's put on 12 years and is a man grown.

I put it at 50/50 that they'd recast him for that reason.  He already looks like a different person from the kid we saw in the earlier seasons.

22 hours ago, Dizzy Walker said:

Do people not think it was Yara with the kissing woman?

I was thinking it was Yara, if you look at her shoulders in both pictures, the clothes are black and have the rope/strings on both with those dot thingys....maybe it is her salt wife....

Balon Greyjoy Yara Greyjoy Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Season 6 Casting Calls Hint at New Characters

got_25_gratuitous_nudity.png?itok=bXSRli

How about: Yara with Marei (formerly seen being dragged out of Petyr Baelish's brothel in KL by sparrows, described by Tyrion as 'quite the sword handler' and describing Pod as 'handsome'), in a Volantine brothel (judging from the five scantily clad women in the background, and previous posts about Yara visiting a brothel in Volantis)

Thoughts?

31 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:
37 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

I put it at 50/50 that they'd recast him for that reason.  He already looks like a different person from the kid we saw in the earlier seasons.

It was so obvious that he was going to look wrong last year - it shouldn't be a surprise this year :D

Don't worry, by the time the show has finished, Sansa will be taller than The Mountain and Arya will be more well endowed in the chest than any of Little Fingers employees :D

9 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Tyrell soldiers looks like Gondor army from LOTR. I missed him, it is Jaime.

Yeah they've changed wardorbe person because the last one decided to leave, Not sure the Tyrell design is great. The soldiers who were bodyguards to QoT had good design

That said, if the Reach has the largest army etc, if there is such high volume armour production it requires a simpleness to the design to allow for mass production so it makes sense from that perspective

3 hours ago, ummester said:

Her part to play in the story is the destruction of southern and central Westeros, just as Jons will ultimately be the destruction of the North. The story is, IMO, about the fall of a corrupt civilisation and the cleansing destruction that is needed to make things right again.

The only thing I disagree with in your assessment is that Jon is to be the destroyer of the North... If any non-White Walker is going to take that role it'll be Bran as a pure Stark (i.e. the Kings of Winter).

Jon though is neither wholly fire nor ice. He's the balance between the two extremes and his role will not be destruction, but leading the survivors through the cataclysm and rebuilding civilization on the other side.

8 minutes ago, Myself656 said:

Jon though is neither wholly fire nor ice. He's the balance between the two extremes and his role will not be destruction, but leading the survivors through the cataclysm and rebuilding civilization on the other side.

But will he? Jon will be a darker character and he won't be the same as the king hearted Jon as he was prior to his death. If he do attempt to save Westeros from the White Walkers, i suspect he will be like Stannis - cold and brutal, especially toward his enemy.

1 hour ago, Myself656 said:

The only thing I disagree with in your assessment is that Jon is to be the destroyer of the North... If any non-White Walker is going to take that role it'll be Bran as a pure Stark (i.e. the Kings of Winter).

Yep, that's also possible. Bran could lead the forces of Winter, rather than Jon.

Season 6 will be very interesting as far as Jon goes.

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

But will he? Jon will be a darker character and he won't be the same as the king hearted Jon as he was prior to his death. If he do attempt to save Westeros from the White Walkers, i suspect he will be like Stannis - cold and brutal, especially toward his enemy.

Darker and more cruel isn't confirmed. It's just your guess. The only reason to presume that would be if Mel was going to just do the kiss of (un)life like happened with Berric, but the fact that Jon's body is laid out on a table, that we have shots of Mel nervously disrobing and that we have lots of rumors suggest Ghost will be involved in the process suggests that Jon's resurrection will NOT be some sort of half-life.

Will he be changed? Certainly. But since this resurrection looks to be more than the shadow of life that animated Berric and animates UnCat that doesn't mean he has to be 'darker' or 'less.' Jon could just as easily come back with better connection to his dreams/visions and warg nature as just one alternative.

Frankly, Dany is already going Dark Messiah and the narrative doesn't need a second one. Stannis already tried that and look where it got him. We've already got the Night King as an opposing force of darkness. There's just no point in the narrative to Jon becoming no better than the bad guys.

1 minute ago, Myself656 said:

Darker and more cruel isn't confirmed. It's just your guess. The only reason to presume that would be if Mel was going to just do the kiss of (un)life like happened with Berric, but the fact that Jon's body is laid out on a table, that we have shots of Mel nervously disrobing and that we have lots of rumors suggest Ghost will be involved in the process suggests that Jon's resurrection will NOT be some sort of half-life.

Will he be changed? Certainly. But since this resurrection looks to be more than the shadow of life that animated Berric and animates UnCat that doesn't mean he has to be 'darker' or 'less.' Jon could just as easily come back with better connection to his dreams/visions and warg nature as just one alternative.

Frankly, Dany is already going Dark Messiah and the narrative doesn't need a second one. Stannis already tried that and look where it got him. We've already got the Night King as an opposing force of darkness. There's just no point in the narrative to Jon becoming no better than the bad guys.

The reasons i predict this is mainly due to the betrayal by his brother and the theory that Jon is currently warging Ghost (this is why many believe Davos will kill Ghost to bring back Jon). According to Jojen, the negative impact with warging is that if you stay in a animal you warg for a long period of time, you will lose your sense of humanity or identity. So i would still assume a change of character in Jon, even if it means less cruel, but still different from the heroic Jon we knew since he joined the NW and as a former Stark member.

The thing about the whole Dark Messiah is a running theme of the series. As we know, there are no true hero or villain and everyone has a gray morality. Though however for us, we choose our own heros and villains due to our investment in characters we adore and characters we loathe. But, the series bent the twist of the hero and the villain archetype, especially the heroic protagonist. We firmly believe that they are the hero of the story because, like again, we are invest to those characters, so much as we want them to win. Stannis the Mannis, Dany the Mother of Dragons and Breaker of Chains, and Jon the Lord Commander. But if there's one thing we forget, the series made them human. Thus, they are not prone to be on the good side forever, especially if it's going to involve power. We are thought Dany deserved to win the IT because she's compassionate and the sole Targ and everyone believe she will be the savior of Westeros, but like you said, she will actually be the Dark Messiah, hence "Fire and Blood". Stannis butchered his Mannis stats, resulted us being heartbroken for our true king to comiited an act of sacrificing his daughter.

So how will Jon be any different? It would be considered a bad writing if Jon remain positive after his resurrection, especially by GRMM's standard and we all know how he love to twist and deconstruct his character. He was betrayed by his brothers, his reputation was tarnish, and his warging with Ghost doesn't help either. So it would be obvious that Jon will be heavily affected by this and he will change. 

9 hours ago, Ser Hyle said:

Keeping Bran out for a whole season was not a good idea. He looks like he's put on 12 years and is a man grown.

He only looks like "a man grown" if you're living in Korea/Japan. If he put back on the wig and some makeup, he could be in a boyband here.

Ghost is not dead, he is standing right next to Jon and I don't think he will die if Jon gets resurrected. Jon will warg in Ghost and then Melisandre does something, i don't know what. But Ghost dying doesn't make sense to me.

I don't care that Euron in the show doesn't look like book Euron, if the acting/portrayal is good i'm more than happy.

5 hours ago, Mandzipop said:

I wonder if Bran was witnessing Hardhome.

I wondered the same. The cool thing is (sorry, couldn't resist) that he may be witnessing any number of things: The Long Night or the conversion of Bloodraven into the three-eyed raven, what happened to Benjen, or maybe something currently happening... or future? Who knows? Which one are you most hoping for?

Captain Esgred: Yep, you're right; I'm female and watching the trailer on a woefully small screen. <sniff> I haven't done more with my profile because, well, I'm already spending more time on this than I should, damn GRRM!

1 hour ago, GunFdx said:

Am I the only one who won´t watch GOT6 until TWOW is is finished (no matter how much time it takes...)?

Pretty much.  If GRRM wanted us to read Winds of Winter first he would've finished it.  If it isn't important to him it isn't important to me.

James

Archived