Cricket 30: World Twenty20 and beyond

ljkeane

On cue a couple of wickets to haul Bangladesh back in (which I managed to miss).

England's seamers are bowling quite well but it's not ideal Cook is having to use them to retain some measure of control. All of England's spinners are capable of bowling good balls but if they're going to leak runs like this it's not going to go well in India.

ETA: Actually those two wickets really haven't hauled Bangladesh back in. England struggling a bit now.

One thing you can always count on is a batting collapse from Bangladesh. The only difference these days is that they typically get one or two players scoring some runs so the scoreboard aren't super embarrassing (relatively speaking...) like they used to be.

So tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

10 hours ago, Hereward said:

Not looking good now, though. Perhaps we should consider reversing our batting order.

If England did win this match then it would owe a lot to the 9th wicket partnership between Woakes and Rashid. Woakes has been looking more accomplished as a batsmen as some of the top order for the last few months, and Rashid can also be effective even if nobody, not even Rashid, can predict what shot he might try to play to any particular ball.

All of England's spinners are capable of bowling good balls but if they're going to leak runs like this it's not going to go well in India.

They days when they could go into a match against India with Swann and Monty and have an arguably better spin bowling attack than their opponents seem very distant now.

Well that was going quite well for England until I tuned in. Two quick wickets and Cook only reprieved on review and suddenly it's not looking so good.

A 50 for Duckett might convince them to stick with him as an opener for the India series. I'm still not entirely sure that's the right place for him but it's not like there's a clear cut alternative.

ETA: Ballance has to be done at this point. It wasn't particularly clear cut why they'd bring him back into the side and he hasn't done much to justify his place.

Congratulations to Bangladesh, it might be a painful loss for England but I think it's important for the future of Test cricket to have more competitive teams. Bangladesh have definitely improved, although I think they may still struggle outside of Asia when they can't rely on spinners.

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

A 50 for Duckett might convince them to stick with him as an opener for the India series. I'm still not entirely sure that's the right place for him but it's not like there's a clear cut alternative.

ETA: Ballance has to be done at this point. It wasn't particularly clear cut why they'd bring him back into the side and he hasn't done much to justify his place.

Before the series started the pundits seemed to expect the Hameed would be opening with Cook, so I wonder if he might get a chance somewhere in the team in India, perhaps in place of Ballance who surely must have used up his last life.

The Indian tour could be a very long and painful experience if this match is anything to go by.

I thought ABD retired from test cricket .

WI beat Pakistan away from home for the first time since 1990 .Terrific batting by Braithwate remained not out in both innings .All round a good performance from the bowling unit to beat a top side in Test cricket .

All of you should check the run out of M.Amir in the 2nd innings it's one of the funniest run-outs i have seen in a while .

AB underwent elbow surgery last month and the recovery period is expected to be 8-10 weeks. Although he was hoping to make the day-night Test in Adelaide, it doesn't look likely at this stage. According to the team doctor, he should be fit for the series against Sri Lanka in December.

2 hours ago, brAnthelAstgreenseer said:

All of you should check the run out of M.Amir in the 2nd innings it's one of the funniest run-outs i have seen in a while .

I just looked that up. That's definitely one of the more ridiculous run-outs I've seen. Great fielding effort from Roston Chase to initially stop the 6.

If anybody else hasn't seen it...

Archived