College Basketball 2016-17: Trippin' Ain't Easy

Ded As Ned

I'll be honest, I've never heard of Ft. Wayne.  Pathetic effort from the Hoosiers.  Time to fire Crean and hire Dale.

I hate it when teams are unconscious from 3 when they play us, and then pull this kind of weak bullshit two weeks later.

In other news, Josh Jackson has been playing amazingly.  

I thought OSU was going to give UNC a game tonight, but nope, they're getting rolled.

Texas is off to a terrible start to the season.  I was thinking they would be our big competition in the Big XII this season...

44 minutes ago, Andriy Czarchenko said:

It was at a 12k seat NBA D-league arena full of Indiana fans. I fail to see a problem with scheduling there.

As opposed to the 17,000 seat arena you have on campus that is consistently ranked among the best home court advantages in the country?

Maybe I've just fallen into the Calipari school of thought for non-conference games a bit much, but for a top tier team there really is no advantage playing away from home unless its a neutral court venue that recreates the NCAA atmosphere.

Either way, its tough for me to say what I enjoy more... a UofL loss?  Or an IU loss?  Louisville tends to lose less often, but they are close enough that I see that coverage on the news enough that its not that big of a deal.  An IU loss being national news is definitely something to savor.

@RedEyedGhost I completely understand the "hit everything/hit nothing" dichotomy.  Always frustrating.

Watching Goodman try to walk back his ridiculous take is always hilarious.

10 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I'll be honest, I've never heard of Ft. Wayne.  Pathetic effort from the Hoosiers.  Time to fire Crean and hire Dale.

I hate it when teams are unconscious from 3 when they play us, and then pull this kind of weak bullshit two weeks later.

In other news, Josh Jackson has been playing amazingly.  

I thought OSU was going to give UNC a game tonight, but nope, they're getting rolled.

Texas is off to a terrible start to the season.  I was thinking they would be our big competition in the Big XII this season...

Obviously that will be the Mountaineers.  :smoking:  Wish we had held onto Williams one more year, but like most Huggins squads, I think this team will be pretty salty.  We lose a little bit of experience down low, but the younger guys (Macon, Ahmad) have the potential to develop into a Williams-like rebound eater and I think WVU is likely to be a better overall shooting team this year with what I've seen from some of the new guys.  Haven't seen a whole lot except highlights but will get to see WVU against some reasonable competition this week.  (Illinois, then likely FSU if we win).  I think we have @ UVA coming up as well.    

Re: UT.  Living in Austin I have the Longhorn network so I have watched UT play a couple of games and they are really young and it shows.  I expect them to get better as the season goes on, but this team is not going to be as good as they were last year.  Losing Taylor, Felix, Ibeh - particularly the first two is really going to hurt them.  The Roach kid is good, but the supporting cast is even younger than he is.  Its kind of weird watching them because I watched them a lot last year as well and even though there are a couple returners it feels like a whole new team out there.  Likely to be good in the future, and prob. will solidify into a tournament team this year, but I really don't think they'll challenge for the Big XII title this year.  

20 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Larrier torn ACL.

That was immediately what I thought when he landed.  It just looked like an ACL injury.  Hopefully some of your other guys can step up (I mean it's not like they can play any worse, right?).

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Hopefully some of your other guys can step up (I mean it's not like they can play any worse, right?).

Yeah, I've pretty much accepted this is a lost season and just hope the youngsters get valuable playing time and develop some. Jalen Adams looks good at least(besides the turnovers).  Our only saving grace is that we play in the shit AAC and anything can happen there. I can't imagine this team being in a real conference. 

CBS' Top 25 (+1) has some interesting factoids in it this week.  Florida moves into the Top 25 and is really looking solid already.

This stat was staggering to me on IU:

The Hoosiers missed 17 of the 24 3-pointers they attempted in Tuesday's loss at Fort Wayne. Regardless, they're still shooting 40.8 percent from beyond the arc on the season.

:stunned: 

And there's this on Baylor:

The Bears are the nation's only team with three top-40 KenPom wins already on their resume. JUCO transfer Jo Lual-Acuil is averaging 10.2 points and 8.4 rebonds.

Here's to hoping they have one more Top-40 win after today!  :cheers: 

Oregon is off to a pretty crap start in this first time ever that they're this highly ranked coming in.  I don't have any good reason to think that they won't get it turned around though.  

Steve Alford needs his two freshman to be job-saving good, and so far it looks like they are.  Lonzo Ball seems like he's a transcendent freshman, and TJ Leaf is also looking like he's instantly an impact player.  They just haven't really been tested by a real opponent yet.  Michigan and Kentucky coming up December.  

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

CBS' Top 25 (+1) has some interesting factoids in it this week.  Florida moves into the Top 25 and is really looking solid already.

This stat was staggering to me on IU:

:stunned: 

Because they couldn't miss against us.

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

And they did. Although how much longer is MSU going to be top 40?  Baylor might actually be legit... but Scotty boy is still their coach so I doubt they'll make any noise in March.

Isaiah Briscoe took a hard foul last week and sat out the last two games with significant back pain.  Trainers were unsure why it wasn't improving and ordered an MRI.  It revealed a contusion of the Gluteus Maximus.

:lmao: 

Archived