College Basketball 2016-17: Trippin' Ain't Easy

Ded As Ned

I'm starting to lose faith in Ollie. For the last 2 years his offense has been just plain stagnant. His leadership and recruiting skills are good, but having 3 guards on the court passing back and fourth all possession with no high ball screens or back picks, or basically anything, just ain't cutting it. We don't have a Shabazz or Kemba now, we can't get away with that shit anymore. Uconn is young as hell this year but it's still gonna be so fucking frustrating to watch them settle for long jumpers 80% of the time again...and with not a pure shooter on the team also. Basically any team that plays us man-to-man is crazy, just play zone and we'll score like 55.

Ok, end 1st game panic rant/

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I'm starting to lose faith in Ollie. For the last 2 years his offense has been just plain stagnant. His leadership and recruiting skills are good, but having 3 guards on the court passing back and fourth all possession with no high ball screens or back picks, or basically anything, just ain't cutting it. We don't have a Shabazz or Kemba now, we can't get away with that shit anymore. Uconn is young as hell this year but it's still gonna be so fucking frustrating to watch them settle for long jumpers 80% of the time again...and with not a pure shooter on the team also. Basically any team that plays us man-to-man is crazy, just play zone and we'll score like 55.

Ok, end 1st game panic rant/

Don't remind me...

:bang: 

38 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

I find it concerning that UK was out-rebounded by -3 in it's first two games (-6 to SFA and +3 to Canisius).  That's not gonna fly against Michigan State tomorrow night.  

MSU committed 18 turnovers against Arizona... That's not gonna fly against Kentucky tomorrow night.

;) 

Also, Washington lost at home last night to Yale (admittedly no cupcake); but why do top recruits keep going to Washington if this is the result on the court we are going to see year after year???

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

MSU committed 18 turnovers against Arizona... That's not gonna fly against Kentucky tomorrow night.

;) 

Also, Washington lost at home last night to Yale (admittedly no cupcake); but why do top recruits keep going to Washington if this is the result on the court we are going to see year after year???

Won't matter if UK gives it back the same number times.  Plus Arizona is a top 10 team, more or less.  SFA and Canisius have an average team height of... what... 5'6"?  Izzo will get Bam in early foul trouble (not hard to do) and the other bigs haven't shown any inside presence thus far.  Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about this game.

As to Washington... other than hiring on family as assistants, I can't come up with anything.  :dunno:

19 hours ago, Mexal said:

VCU just got their 4th commit, top 100 center Mayan Kiir. This team is going to be good. Pumped.

Congrats!  It's good to see a school maintain momentum through a big coaching change.  Rarely ever happens.

And what is up with UCONN?

22 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Holy shit, Uconn. :dunno:

Yikes, I just realized UConn was 0-2 against Wagner and Northeastern.  

I was coming here to gripe about Ole Miss scraping out last minute wins against two cupcakes, but this is a reminder it could be worse. :lol:   

19 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Yikes, I just realized UConn was 0-2 against Wagner and Northeastern.  

I was coming here to gripe about Ole Miss scraping out last minute wins against two cupcakes, but this is a reminder it could be worse. :lol:   

Haha, seriously. I don't think they're gonna turn it around either.  I miss the good ole days when November was a peaceful, stress-free month of basketball. 

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Haha, seriously. I don't think they're gonna turn it around either.  I miss the good ole days when November was a peaceful, stress-free month of basketball. 

And here I am pumped up about the game with MSU tonight!

:box: 

5 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

What are we, like 1-7 against Izzo going back to the Tubby Smith days?

Quiet you.  After tonight, we will have swept our way through the second round of the Champions' Classic.

Good news REG... We are likely to lose 8 guys from this year's team.  So when we start round three next year, Kansas may have a shot at us.  :D 

If UK does manage to win, I'll be pulling hard for the Jayhawks in game 2 so the Cats can grab that #1 ranking for awhile.

Plus, don't want to see KU fall TOO far before they come to Rupp. :cool4:

ETA:  Well I guess I'd be pulling for KU either way, because Dook.  But if the Cats win I'll stay up and watch.

6 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

If UK does manage to win, I'll be pulling hard for the Jayhawks in game 2 so the Cats can grab that #1 ranking for awhile.

Plus, don't want to see KU fall TOO far before they come to Rupp. :cool4:

ETA:  Well I guess I'd be pulling for KU either way, because Dook.  But if the Cats win I'll stay up and watch.

Well yeah, cheering for Kansas is a no brainer.  My wife is out of town, so I'll have a narrow window to get my son to bed between games.  I'll likely be listening to the KSR postgame show while watching KU-Duke win or lose.

Yea it feels a little weird cheering for Kansas because I dedicate so much energy to hoping that WVU will dethrone them in conference at some point, but I usually go for them out of conference - and against Duke is a no brainer.  Grayson Allen is the current title holder for most punchable face in all of college sports.  Apologies to any Duke fans lurking about

Archived