[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

3 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

If Bran can alter the past, he should stop B&W from writing this show. 

Goodness, maybe he has and everything we are seeing is some altered GoT universe that makes no sense and nothing means nothing! That would be awesome if the real GoT still exists in an alternate universe where the story actually resembles the books??

6 hours ago, Tijgy said:

D&D said BR was forcing all his knowledge upon Bran (unwillingly) because there was no enough time anymore for Bran to learn everything because the WW were coming. Or something like that. They at least failed to show it on screen. 

:rolleyes:

Yeah he's been there for what more than a year? 2 Years?  So Not!Bloodraven waits til the last minute. 

6 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

OMFG, inside the episode, DB is saying that GRRM told them the origin of Hodor.

'Hold the fucking Door'  is from GRRM.

It might be.  BUT how many times have we had things from GRRM in the show that have turned out to be just plot points that needed ticked but they have used out of context in the show? 

There are some theories Bran might indeed influence people from the future, past, ... You have Jon's vision in ACOK and @evita mgfs wrote actually a very good analysis Bran is doing this from the future, you have Ned reacting when Bran yells father, ... 

Except of course he connects with Jon through Ghost, Ned might heard some wind or whatever :dunno:

Everyone in Weisseroff must be kicking themselves for not having realized how easy it would be to promote themselves to top positions by kinslaying in earlier seasons. Chaos is a laddah...

In other news, Batfinger's accent was much weirder than usual. Must be all the emotions...

Hodor hold the door for like 30 seconds, what a hero!

Guess that the army of speedy zombies will never catch up with the little chick who's dragging a guy twice her size through the snow now. Safe at last.

Maybe LF will let them borrow one of his jetpacks or something.

If D$Ds mantra "honor gets you killed"is correct then I suspect that D$Ds success will last forever! Ffs even their own parody of ther own first season resorted to fart jokes, what is funny about that, this show really died with Robb Stark at the red wedding!

7 minutes ago, Valetudo said:

Hodor hold the door for like 30 seconds, what a hero!

Guess that the army of speedy zombies will never catch up with the little chick who's dragging a guy twice her size through the snow now. Safe at last.

Maybe LF will let them borrow one of his jetpacks or something.

Maybe Ben ex Machina #Get Hype :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

I would also point out that writers who have completely failed to master the basic concepts of movement in four non-relativistic dimensions should not be so arrogant as to attempt to portray anything even remotely connected to temporal mechanics. 

This is priceless. :bowdown:

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Plain horrible... Most of the time you're watching scenes that are just plain stupid, well beyond suspension of disbelief, and then there's a "Oh big reveal" scene with no build up into it, rushed and glossed over without any further connection.

"You made the WW?"

"Yeah, we were at war with you guys."

It's like GOT has become this show of filler + tltr; one line reveals of theories. I want to watch a story, not some wikia tltr; synopsis. Nothing is earned, and nothign has any pay-off. Nothing is nothing.

Fansa's torture inserted in there was just gross. They just have to keep Sansa in pain all the time now. They completely robbed a female character of her sexuality, including her future. How feminist, how empowering. That was just sick.

Killing direwolves is just emotional manipulation here. While I can see direwolves dying in the books, we can be certain it will not be meaningless... because they have warg meaning. They have an impact on the story, on the character they are bonded with. Even their death has an impact on the bonded character. But here it's just some big dog and used to make you cringe by adding some whimpering.

That whole kingsmoot was ridiculous. With Yara able to take the whole fleet basically with her (and captains being the one who vote at a kingsmoot), it comes down to this nonsensical conclusion that Euron won the kingsmoot because about 10 captains shoutest the most and loudest. People who shout the most often have this impression they're the majority, because the actual majority is mostly silent. So, Euron wins because of ten loudest shouters, but Yara has the majority. And it just looked incredibly stupid.

And then there's the rehashing of Varys' story. Nothing new there. That scene of what we already knew without adding something to it with the priestess took longer than the reveal that CotF made WW by sticking obsidian in a human chest, or is it ironwood?

Anoter ridiculous thing I saw no comment about yet: Sansa saying they shouldn't send a raven to RL because Ramsay might intercept it (euhm how?), but send a much slower woman on a horse all by herself to the RL instead (who has to pass WF to get to the RL) instead. Hand wave.

And yeah, that scrotum inspection was so obvious. First thing I thought when I suddenly found myself having a zoom-in of a penis on my screen was "ah so they're doing cock quota now," so that this show can finally be described as "cocks, tits and dragons." Maybe that's why there's at least 3 cock jokes per episode now.

This is a great post.

I will say one thing, and one thing only, about the "cutting" thing: that is completely on D&D.  This did not happen to Jeyne - she had bites and bruises.  I find this extra layer of damage on a character already out of her own plot really sick.

I rewatched "the scene" and I am really pissed how they treated Summer's death. He sacrificed himself as much Hodor did. Does Summer get any thoughts? No. 

For the D&D this was not about their sacrifices. It was about their shocking reveal. It is always about shock not about the emotions, ... They made it all so heartless.

1 hour ago, Neds Secret said:

Goodness, maybe he has and everything we are seeing is some altered GoT universe that makes no sense and nothing means nothing! That would be awesome if the real GoT still exists in an alternate universe where the story actually resembles the books??

Now why would you go and give me a false sense of hope? i don't want to go through the realization that Got is dead to me all over again. 

23 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

If D$Ds mantra "honor gets you killed"is correct then I suspect that D$Ds success will last forever! Ffs even their own parody of ther own first season resorted to fart jokes, what is funny about that, this show really died with Robb Stark at the red wedding!

It is no surprise all the loyal Stark Kid Protecters are all dying. And the one who lies and chose revenge over protecting the Stark girl is still alive and can just tell to anyone she did chose revenge. 

10 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

It is no surprise all the loyal Stark Kid Protecters are all dying. And the one who lies and chose revenge over protecting the Stark girl is still alive and can just tell to anyone she did chose revenge. 

This is exactly it! My exact thoughts when Summer and Hodor were unthinkingly killed off! What's next? Ghost definitely. Maybe Mel or Davos?

And is it just me or is Mel not saying a single word to, around or about Sansa just as weird as Davos still not asking about Shireen?

1 minute ago, ArabellaVidal said:

This is exactly it! My exact thoughts when Summer and Hodor were unthinkingly killed off! What's next? Ghost definitely. Maybe Mel or Davos?

And is it just me or is Mel not saying a single word to, around or about Sansa just as weird as Davos still not asking about Shireen?

Carice Van Houten is just the next wasted actresses on the line of many other amazing actors :dunno:

The Northern storyline is such a mess. 

Don't recall Mormont being mentioned, no. Apparently the North men, who never bothered to show up at Sansa's wedding, are uber-loyal now.  
Also: did the attack on the cave just feel like a rip-off of Aliens? I mean, even the Child blowing herself up reminded me of Gorman and Vasques doing the same thing in the vents. Except, Aliens looked a lot better and had some actual tension. 

There are stills with Davos in a hall with a Bear Shield. A young girl is casted as lady Mormont. So we will see the Mormonts probably.

The huge problem with what they are doing with Bran's storyline is they are also focusing too much attention on action, fighting, ... I really love Bran's chapters but there is not a lot of actions happen in them or maybe even movement. They are about him slowly coming to terms he will never a knight but he has to be a greenseer. It is about him slowly and critically discovering the truth behind his powers. It is through his eyes (together with Jon?) we learn the most of the Northern Legends and the North. It is about slowly with him, the child who loves horror stories, discovering what might be the truth about the Other, the Children, ...  

D&D have of course no patience for people talking to each other, Bran learning slowly his powers (which why they ignored him during season 5 while they still had dozens of Arya brushing the floor scenes), ... No, they have a desire to turn everything into action, violence and death. 

Ugh. 

Archived