[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

7 minutes ago, ArabellaVidal said:

He looked like speaking in an accent was physically paining him.:dunno:

I thought he was suffering from a bad gas colic, all that weird rasping has got to cause some aerophagia... 

3 hours ago, ArabellaVidal said:

Everyone in Weisseroff must be kicking themselves for not having realized how easy it would be to promote themselves to top positions by kinslaying in earlier seasons. Chaos is a laddah...

In other news, Batfinger's accent was much weirder than usual. Must be all the emotions...

In whichever of the seven hells that Tywin now resides, he must be GNASHING his teeth - if only he'd realized that kinslaying was A-OK, he'd never have let Tyrion grow to manhood and kill him on the toilet!  

2 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Call me crazy, but it feels like the random close-up of cock warts was almost a middle-finger to everyone who wanted more male nudity on the show. 

I can't call you crazy for thinking that.

2 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Call me crazy, but it feels like the random close-up of cock warts was almost a middle-finger to everyone who wanted more male nudity on the show. 

Definitely. Everyone was just disgusted with it, men and women. They didn't even attempt to make that penis look desirable like they do the nude women. It had warts!

I'm having a hard time remembering a worst cast/written character than show Euron right now. I'd rather watch Arya fight with sticks for 40 minutes than suffer one more second of that douchenozzle. 1000 ships? See you in the unplanned season 9, unless he recruits Littlefinger...then see you next episode.

Also...how fucking bored must Max Von Sydow be to have taken this role?

"Here's the thing, we're going to need you to sit in a wicker basket for a couple hours...then stand next to a kid while he watches stuff and touch his shoulder a couple times".

40 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I can't call you crazy for thinking that.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, actually it sounds entirely plausible, in fact it's right up D$Ds alley!

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Since you didn't watch the episode, the scene where we see the cats of the forest creating the WWs plays out very similarly to the final vision Bran has, with an old woman slitting a guy`s throat with a sickle by a weirwood. 

Thanks. I've picked up some more details now. Let me know if I've got this right.

The CotF, who Sing the Song of Earth, strapped SomeDude to a Weirwood Heart Tree, stabbed him in the chest with a Dragonglass (Frozen Fire) blade, and that turned him into an Ice-powered White Walker, who will presumably shatter if he gets stabbed with Dragonglass again. Mr. Walker can easily enter Bran's dream, but doesn't seem to have tried to enter the 3ER's dreams, even though we have ample evidence that Bran is stronger than the 3ER. Simply touching Bran in his dream allows Mr. Walker and his friends to penetrate the cave's wards, even though Bran is not the one maintaining them.

This doesn't make much sense. It seems like D&D are screwing around with the underlying nature of GRRM's created world simply for the convenience of one scene. If they are going to change this stuff (which they shouldn't), they need to put in the work to do it right. It's like suddenly deciding that Dany is indeed fireproof, just so they can shoot that one scene from ep 604.

(I really, really hope the "CotF created the Others" is show-only. I will be sorely disappointed if GRRM does it in the books. It reeks of "the CotF sound good, so they must be evil", and that's always been about the only reasoning behind it. The series is about Ice and Fire. The Others should be linked somehow to Valyria and the dragons.)

I especially liked how Bran connected into the weirwood.net while Two Eyed Grandpa was napping, somehow got himself hacked by Night's King. So 3ER told him that they'll be coming to cave now. So in the next scene... They're still chilling in a flashback where Ned goes to Eyrie (as if THAT was something Bran didn't knew already), while instead they should be packin the fuck off their stuff. Then zombies follow bran and co through the cave (because there's a backdoor!), Leaf sacrifices herself with a holy hand grenade (while she could just toss it up while running away). it's apparently not enough, cause zombies still follow. Meera tells Hodor to hold the door without a semblance of emotion she showed towards leaf's sacrifice. She just tells him to hold the door so they can escape, not like Hodor's life matters anyway. Sooo, Hodor can hold the door for 30 secs while Meera slowly pulls Bran with a sled into a snowstorm. Not like wights can catch them a bit later or anything.

Cliche count:

+ Youngling breaks something to heavily detrimental effect while mentor is away

+ Pointless self sacrifice x 2 (Ghost and Leaf)

+ Self Sacrifice so co. can escape x 3

+ Mentor sacrificing himself for... reasons.

That's only for this scene, not the episode. I do not want to see boring, pointless, illogical stale hollwood shit. Why the fuck they keep doing it?

10 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Definitely. Everyone was just disgusted with it, men and women. They didn't even attempt to make that penis look desirable like they do the nude women. It had warts!

Yep. As a straight guy I can say that was the nastiest junk I've ever seen.

The CotF really should have tried using those grenades as their WMD against humans before inventing the Others.

I found it quite strange that for the Others creation scene, the 3EC and Bran seemingly saw it due to the weirwood when that hadn't been the case in the other visions.

And the 'I'll stay behind to buy time' trope was incredibly overused in the last scene. (Nevermind, @Primalsplit beat me to this)

Also did Yara and Theon take all the ships in the bay? I swear they only had two small boatloads of men.

55 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I chose in the beginning for Robb who was carrying Grey Wind and Lady (or at least he was carrying her in my head cannon) - the dead direwolves ... now D&D killed so many of them so I had to chose between them :crying:.  

:(

9 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

I'm having a hard time remembering a worst cast/written character than show Euron right now. I'd rather watch Arya fight with sticks for 40 minutes than suffer one more second of that douchenozzle. 1000 ships? See you in the unplanned season 9, unless he recruits Littlefinger...then see you next episode.

Also...how fucking bored must Max Von Sydow be to have taken this role?

"Here's the thing, we're going to need you to sit in a wicker basket for a couple hours...then stand next to a kid while he watches stuff and touch his shoulder a couple times".

Yeah, I think the Sand Snake actresses must be breathing a sigh of relief as all the pressure is off them as "most overacted dumb ass character(s)" since Euron entered the foray.

While most of the characters from the show and books are different in one way or another, they (for the most part) at least attempted to start the character off similar to how they are portrayed in the books. What the hell were the Ds thinking when they decided to portray Euron that way? That King'smoot scene might have the worst dialogue ever on this show. And that is an accomplishment when you consider all that has been bad.

And apparently the Damphair, if that's who that was, is just some stupid toady priest who follows Euron at his beck and call.

4 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Thanks. I've picked up some more details now. Let me know if I've got this right.

The CotF, who Sing the Song of Earth, strapped SomeDude to a Weirwood Heart Tree, stabbed him in the chest with a Dragonglass (Frozen Fire) blade, and that turned him into an Ice-powered White Walker, who will presumably shatter if he gets stabbed with Dragonglass again. Mr. Walker can easily enter Bran's dream, but doesn't seem to have tried to enter the 3ER's dreams, even though we have ample evidence that Bran is stronger than the 3ER. Simply touching Bran in his dream allows Mr. Walker and his friends to penetrate the cave's wards, even though Bran is not the one maintaining them.

This doesn't make much sense. It seems like D&D are screwing around with the underlying nature of GRRM's created world simply for the convenience of one scene. If they are going to change this stuff (which they shouldn't), they need to put in the work to do it right. It's like suddenly deciding that Dany is indeed fireproof, just so they can shoot that one scene from ep 604.

(I really, really hope the "CotF created the Others" is show-only. I will be sorely disappointed if GRRM does it in the books. It reeks of "the CotF sound good, so they must be evil", and that's always been about the only reasoning behind it. The series is about Ice and Fire. The Others should be linked somehow to Valyria and the dragons.)

Agree with all your points. But we already knew that their writing/plotting is extremely lazy, and this scene just proved that once again. And it was so rushed, so flat and so utterly underwhelming. I'm kind of curious to see how they'll deal with the time travelling stuff too. It was so weird, the WW touches Bran, A Thousand Eyes and Two tells him he has 'the mark on him' or something and they must RUN! But then they're back in Winterfell of the past watching Ned being sent to the Eyrie just to get the Hold the Door reveal. As @Sir Drew mentioned, if young Hodor had ever fallen to the ground in the middle of Winterfell's courtyard with everyone present screaming "HOLD THE DOOR", it would have been mentioned already, people would know it happened. It's so fucking stupid and ridiculous. And of course, the best is yet to come, since now they have to deal with this temporal paradox. Seeing how they can't keep babies and necklaces straight, I can only expect the nonsense and absurdity will reach a whole new level. 

37 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

I remember when Euron first appeared in the books and he was mysterious and just plain evil without being overbearing. There was a lot of subtlety about him. But when show Euron tells three dick/dickless jokes in a matter of 10 seconds I knew it was over. And how does Yara know that Euron killed Balon? No one has proof, yet Euron just admits to it?

They absolutely failed on Euron and maybe even the entire IB going forward, based on this episode alone. The back to back dick jokes didn't just kill Euron's character from the start but they totally buried Theon by reducing him to "the guy who got his dick cut off." 

They couldn't construct a set with bones of the sea dragon/giant squid or whatever that thing was where they hold the KM? They just stand on a fielded cliff? Also, Eurons first words when he awakes from being "baptized" - "where are my niece and nephew? let's go kill them" WTF???? I look like a total asshole for hyping up Euron as my favorite book character to Unsullied friends. One dimensional, comic book bully/villain. God damn. 

Archived