[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

44 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

Are we gonna talk about the fact that Davos STILL hasn't killed Brienne yet, and STILL doesn't know about Shireen. I don't think he's ever gonna find out, he'll be "too busy" gathering followers for Jonny Snoxville for the rest of the season.

Davlos and Mel will wait patiently for their next plot mandated action, which is the default mode for all characters on this show.

#Nobody cares about Summer #Creepy Wights on the Wall get more attention than the Direwolf 

They just fucked up by killing off Summer and Hodor at the same time because Hodor gets now all the honors but the wolf who also defended them is just forgotten. 

(the Isaac and Nairn hug in the end is very sweet. And Ellie!!!!!! :wub:

And I think @Meera of Tarth is right when she said Hodor chose to sacrifice himself and not that Present Hodor was being skinchanged by Bran to force him to hold the Door? Because of what Nairn says in the end: "I like what he has done. That he sacrificed himself for his friends. It is very true to Hodor to me but it is really sad." :crying: Go Hero Hodor! 

This whole thing is really complicated... <_<     

2 hours ago, TheCasualObserver said:

I have a metric fuckton to say about the LF/Sansa scenes.

LF explains that the vale Lords have occupied Moat Cailen, a piece of exposition so ridiculous it takes my breath away. In order for this to make sense, one of these must be true:

[Omitted stacks of great stuff for length]

Excellent break down. :cheers: I must have momentarily blue-screened from the stupidity because I somehow blanked the Vale forces taking Moat Cailin.

The amount of illogical nonsense and inconsistency the writers bring to pretty much every scene is kind of incredible.

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

yes if bran wargs then bran is a bit evil and Hodor sacrifice means nothing

We are of the same mind..:cheers: If he did it by free will, this would actually make it one of the few beautiful, sad, honourable moments still left on the show, a moment where someone decides to do something not because of revenge, glory, power, ... but out of friends, ... 

Or maybe we are honeypotting and we do not want to see our character as someone evil and completely ruined. 

Because I can see Bran fuck up things out of curiosity but forcing his friend to sacrifice himself? 

48 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

My apologies if I was a bit over the top with that post last night. I've always found that theory to be rather silly, and I indulged myself with an overly emotional rant. It was not targeted at those who thoughtfully consider the possibilities, but those who accepted the show version as instant fact. If it was taken differently, that was my fault for writing poorly. I should have been more reasonable and restrained.

No worries! I just thought I should respond since I was the one last night who'd first asked if anyone thought it was a spoiler. Its hard to be reasonable and restrained after watching the show, so I completely understand! :cheers:

6 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

We are of the same mind..:cheers: If he did it by free will, this would actually make it one of the few beautiful, sad, honourable moments still left on the show, a moment where someone decides to do something not because of revenge, glory, power, ... but out of friends, ... 

Totally!!!

And yet this stupid show has STILL emotional scenes when they want......A good director.

This episode was so bad that I had to go through a labyrinth of passwords and captchas to reanimate this account just to comment here. 

At this point I don't know who gives less fucks about this story, if GRRM with his word count on the negatives or D$D handwaiving absolutely everything on their mad dash to the finish line. 

11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

And I think @Meera of Tarth is right when she said Hodor chose to sacrifice himself and not that Present Hodor was being skinchanged by Bran to force him to hold the Door? Because of what Nairn says in the end: "I like what he has done. That he sacrificed himself for his friends. It is very true to Hodor to me but it is really sad." :crying: Go Hero Hodor! 

This whole thing is really complicated... <_<     

I agree.

I also just want to say that wights crawling across the ceiling and along walls is just dumb.  It's almost as stupid as the sooper speedy skellingtons, and that's saying something.  I really hate GoT's version of the wights.

7 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Or maybe we are honeypotting and we do not want to see our character as someone evil and completely ruined. 

Because I can see Bran fuck up things out of curiosity but forcing his friend to sacrifice himself? 

If this occurs in the books, I think we can have confidence it will be clearer what Bran's actions are. What if, in a similar situation, Bran tries to warg Hodor to make him come with them and save himself? And if Hodor is somehow able to resist in order for Bran to escape? 

I'm wondering how the wights were crawling on the ceiling as they came down the tunnel.  I hate these fast, Pirates of the Caribbean looking zombies.  As far as I know, reanimating a human corpse doesn't give that corpse sticky hands and feet, or else Jon would be Spiderman.

Please help me understand.

and wow I got ninja'd by mere seconds about the ceiling wights haha!

3 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

I also just want to say that wights crawling across the ceiling and along walls is just dumb. It's almost as stupid as the sooper speedy skellingtons, and that's saying something.  I really hate GoT's version of the wights.

:agree: They seem to be taking their cues from the awful film version of World War Z, no one should do that.

1 minute ago, The Wull said:

I'm wondering how the wights were crawling on the ceiling as they came down the tunnel.  I hate these fast, Pirates of the Caribbean looking zombies.  As far as I know, reanimating a human corpse doesn't give that corpse sticky hands and feet, or else Jon would be Spiderman.

Please help me understand.

There's no understanding to be had.  Death means gravity no longer applies in Weisseroff.  Wights can cling to ceilings and skeletons can move without any connective tissue.  Who knew?

Here are my rants:

What I didn't like

-Kingsmoot: book version is much better. Why does Euron say he killed Balon? Kinglaying it's the normal thing: Dorne, Bolton, Lord Commander, Iron ISlands....

-The theatre group: I prefer Mercy version. But still not bad.

-Summer sacrificing, it was not epic enough:crying:

-Jorah and Dany: why does Jorah have Tyrion in his mind??? Why???? It's a perfect moment for Sr. Friendzone shippers

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

-Jorah and Danny: why does Jorah have Tyrion in his mind??? Why???? It's a perfect moment for Sr. Friendzone shippers

But it is Saint Tyrion!

8 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

I agree.

I also just want to say that wights crawling across the ceiling and along walls is just dumb.  It's almost as stupid as the sooper speedy skellingtons, and that's saying something.  I really hate GoT's version of the wights.

It's because the Ds stayed true to form and had no idea what a wight should be like back in season 1, so they portrayed it as GRRM wrote it. But then a few years later they saw World War Z, and thought, "Holy shit! We have zombies crawling all over each and up walls! Think if we incorporate this into Hardhome and just retcon how the wights were for 3 previous seasons!"

Archived