Brienne with Jaime or Tormund?

On 5/18/2016 at 9:08 AM, Jaime4Brienne said:

I think she would be 100% flustered because she's never found herself in that situation before. (only men that were pretending to like her to win a bet) not one that was overtly showing how much he liked her. I do believe Jaime is in love with her but not exactly in touch with his feelings.

I don't know that all of this holds true with Show Jaime.  He seems to have regressed to me.  The Jaime who was on the road with Brienne is missing.

On 5/18/2016 at 10:23 AM, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

This.  Jaime needed Brienne to help him turn away from being a sister fucking shit head, and Brienne needed Jaime to realize that Renly wasn't the only man in the world that she could care about.  But they aren't right for each other in the long run.  They kind of emotionally used each other, but in a way that has positive results for each.  Now Tormund can appreciate everything about Brienne - her size, her power, her ability & desire to fight for what she believes in and her beauty.  She's a born wild woman and deserves someone like him.  I don't know if I want Jaime to end up with anyone,   

Agreed.  I absolutely loved this little turn of events.  Both actors really ran with it.

On 5/18/2016 at 10:59 AM, Dizzy Walker said:

but I would be worried that if they hookup, Tormund would be red shirted, because I have a feeling Brienne is destined to not have a happy ending...it's just a feeling, nothing to support it..

I got to thinking about this and it makes me wonder if they adapt it such that (hidden as spoiler for non-book readers)

Spoiler

Tormund gets used in place of Jaimie as things ended in Book 4.  Not an exact thing as they don't have Lady Stoneheart, but putting Brienne in that position of having to choose between his life and an innocent's

18 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Sackheim already said it was a one off. Is there a reason why you aren't understanding this?

Well, firstly, I wasn't aware of what he said. You shouldn't assume that everyone knows every single thing everybody's said. 

Secondly, It doesn't matter what will actually happen on the show. OP asked for opinions when it comes to Tormund/Jaime. I think show!Tormund makes better sense for Brienne than show!Jaime. That's my opinion. Is there a reason why you aren't understanding this?

31 minutes ago, Sigrid said:

I don't know that all of this holds true with Show Jaime.  He seems to have regressed to me.  The Jaime who was on the road with Brienne is missing.

Exactly

6 minutes ago, braveniler58 said:

Well, firstly, I wasn't aware of what he said. You shouldn't assume that everyone knows every single thing everybody's said. 

Secondly, It doesn't matter what will actually happen on the show. OP asked for opinions when it comes to Tormund/Jaime. I think show!Tormund makes better sense for Brienne than show!Jaime. That's my opinion. Is there a reason why you aren't understanding this?

Nicely said. Thanks.

On 5/18/2016 at 3:02 PM, iceheart91 said:

Unfortunately I think you're right. :/ I think, for the most part, Brienne's heart and her mind are with Jaime for the time being, so I don't know how she'd react if Tormund continued his advances. I do hope something comes out of it, though!

I think she would be 100% flustered because she's never found herself in that situation before. (only men that were pretending to like her to win a bet) not one that was overtly showing how much he liked her. I do believe Jaime is in love with her but not exactly in touch with his feelings.

13 hours ago, Sigrid said:

Sorry this came out so long....anyway Sigrid you are so right! Show Jaime is like Book 1 Jaime...like his trip with Brienne never even happened. :(

On 20/05/2016 at 9:34 PM, Vastet said:

I would love for Tormund and Brienne to get together. There's so much potential there they could do a spinoff just on them.

That li'l look of Tormund's has been melting the internet - I must have seen a hundred memes on Facebook, But I haven't seen anyone point out that Wildlings 'win' their women by bashing them over the head and stealing them. Go one Tormund, I dare you!!!! :blink:

Neither. Please. Romance arcs ruin TV shows.

EDIT:

I had no idea this pairing was so popular. I don't want to see the plot progression come to a screeching halt so we can get a scene of Brienne and Tormund flirting.  That's an element we don't need. 

On May 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM, TickTak7 said:

GIANTSBAE! 

My ribs...

And this show has had its fair share of romance subplots. Jon and Ygritte. Robb and Talisa. Loras and Renly. Sam and Gilly are a thing and let's not forget Grey Worm and Missandei. 

Do we need Tormund and Brienne? Not really. Just because he has a penis and she has a vagina doesn't mean they have to put them together. 

3 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

And this show has had its fair share of romance subplots. Jon and Ygritte. Robb and Talisa. Loras and Renly. Sam and Gilly are a thing and let's not forget Grey Worm and Missandei. 

Do we need Tormund and Brienne? Not really. Just because he has a penis and she has a vagina doesn't mean they have to put them together. 

robb and talisa, loras and renly were crap arcs. sam and gilly are running idle. grey worm and missy sucks, leaving only jon and ygritte with a powerful romantic story. you forgot jaime and cersei btw.

do you remember why you hated Olly so much? so much for "Romance arcs ruin TV shows".

this show needs the romantic tension to ease up on the violent parts and to strengthen the binding to the characters. tormund and brienne is the hottest couple so far and i hope they find their luck before one of them dies. i really cant see how jaime and brienne could work out in any way. jaime loves cersei, he always did. she is the mother of his children. by giving brienne the sword, he symbolically cut the rope that tied her to him. he likes and respects her, thats why he set her free. brienne grew out of the juvenile adoration boots. she is a woman now.

if they meet again, there still may be some kind of tension but it will be rather awkward than anything else, especially with cersei next to him. also she never said she loved him, it was suggested upon her. she felt insecure about her feelings at that time. she is free, she is strong, she is ready for the ride on the wild side!

Archived