Discussing Sansa XXIII: Lady Stork and her flock

Mladen

1 hour ago, Ice Spider said:

Little finger saved Sansa from getting pushed through the moon door by her aunt, or did you miss that episode? He also pulled her out of KL.

LF orchestrated the reasons why Lysa wanted to push Sansa out the moon door. Also if it weren't for LF, Sansa would've been married off to Loras and living in Highgarden.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

LF orchestrated the reasons why Lysa wanted to push Sansa out the moon door. Also if it weren't for LF, Sansa would've been married off to Loras and living in Highgarden.

Yeah, and in comparison with Loras, Ramsay is such a catch ;)

51 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Loras can at least act the part. The worst that he could do to Sansa is neglect her.

Oh, no... I completely agree... I have no idea where this notion that Sansa owes Baelish anything comes from. He most certainly didn't do it out of the kindness of his warm heart.

1 minute ago, adiman83 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Sansa doesn't give a flying f*ck about Jon and wants the North for herself? 

I suppose not but it is an opinion that is completely contradictory to what we know about character and what we have seen so far.  

21 minutes ago, Risto said:

Oh, no... I completely agree... I have no idea where this notion that Sansa owes Baelish anything comes from. He most certainly didn't do it out of the kindness of his warm heart.

Agreed.

To add, he seems to just use the old chestnut "because i loved your mother...." to explain away every action to Sansa so she trusts him & doesn't suspect that she's being used, which she obviously is. All of her trust in him is based upon this tinfoil line. All of Cats trust in him was due to the fact she believed he loved her. Cat thought she could manipulate Littlefinger because he loved her & Littlefinger manipulate Cat right back (and more successfully) using the same device... and continues to use it with Sansa.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Agreed.

To add, he seems to just use the old chestnut "because i loved your mother...." to explain away every action to Sansa so she trusts him & doesn't suspect that she's being used, which she obviously is. All of her trust in him is based upon this tinfoil line. All of Cats trust in him was due to the fact she believed he loved her. Cat thought she could manipulate Littlefinger because he loved her & Littlefinger manipulate Cat right back (and more successfully) using the same device... and continues to use it with Sansa.

I think Sansa sees LF far better than Catelyn ever did. She knows who he is and what he is capable. I am not certain that the lie was the fruit of LF's manipulation, but more of a choice she made on her own. That said, LF and Sansa will undoubtedly clash in some way and I can't wait to see who will survive it.

10 minutes ago, Risto said:

I suppose not but it is an opinion that is completely contradictory to what we know about character and what we have seen so far.  

I wouldn't underestimate her. She learned from the best (Cersei and Littlefinger).  

23 minutes ago, Risto said:

That said, LF and Sansa will undoubtedly clash in some way and I can't wait to see who will survive it.

Sansa will survive it, assuming they don't totally change a vital plot point from the books IMO. The question is whether she will need to be "saved" by Robin Arryn/Jon Snow/Arya/whoever, or will she defeat him by her own with a little bit of help from her friends and family.

19 minutes ago, adiman83 said:

I wouldn't underestimate her. She learned from the best (Cersei and Littlefinger).  

It is not about underestimating it. It is about realizing what she has been doing so far. The fact remains that she wants Northern lord to look at Jon and see Ned. Sansa used her knowledge to make of Jon a Stark, someone who Northerners will remember. That cape had its meaning and is not just for decorative purposes.

1 minute ago, Ser Muradin the Small said:

Sansa will survive it, assuming they don't totally change a vital plot point from the books IMO. The question is whether she will need to be "saved" by Robin Arryn/Jon Snow/Arya/whoever, or will she defeat him by her own with a little bit of help from her friends and family.

Yeah, I also do think she will survive it. And no, I don't think she will be saved. Helped, perhaps, but saved, not so much. She decided on her own what to do with LF, she pushed Jon alone, she made that dress and cape on her own. She is starting to do things on her own. Yes, there are people who will, like Brienne, physically protect her, but that doesn't take away from her new-founded independence.

Jon is not a Stark, not a great fighter, not a great commander and Sansa is a woman while the rightful heirs Bran and Rickon live. Sansa wants to play the game but she lacks the experience and the wits. With this mindset ultimately she will die before the end of the series. Especially if she tries to play her first game with the most dangerous man in Westeros. Even she doesn't know what Baelish is capable of.  After the ecounter in the last episode if Baelish doesn't love Sansa in reality, she's definetely going to die soon. If he loves her a bit, he won't kill her but he will definetely watch her steps from now on. (Albeit I still believe Ramsay will kill LF this season)

Shorthly, Sansa is really putting herself in a very dangerous position. She's not a player like Olenna Tyrell who acknowledged the dangerous situation after Tyrells went into chaos and threatened Baelish with revealing Joffrey's murder if an accident happens to her or in the case of her house falls.

While the de-facto head of the current most powerful house really do fear Baelish and know what he's capable of, Sansa should not trust the feelings of Petyr Baelish has for her. If she's wrong, it will definetely be her downfall.

However, I believe LF still has mixed feelings for her.

5 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

Little finger saved Sansa from getting pushed through the moon door by her aunt, or did you miss that episode? He also pulled her out of KL.

And did you forget that Sansa (and Ned and Arya) would never even have gone to King's Landing if Littlefinger hadn't had Jon Arryn killed and then lied about it? And then lied about Bran's attack, which pitted the Starks against the Lannisters as well? And then betrayed Ned, which led to his arrest? And then convinced Joffrey to kill Ned, even though Cersei wanted him as a prisoner?

Saving Sansa's life does not pay the debt Littlefinger owes the Starks. Only his head on a spike will.

Am I the only one who thinks that Sansa doesn't give a flying f*ck about Jon and wants the North for herself? 

Why wouldn't she? It's hers before it's Jon's whatever parents he has.

5 minutes ago, lidsa said:

Why wouldn't she? It's hers before it's Jon's whatever parents he has.

It is not the question of rights. I think Sansa is well aware that at least, legally, she has the bigger claim, but she is not pushing it. So, the entire talk about her betraying Jon because of WF is so far unfounded given that she didn't give a slightest inkling she would like to be a Queen.

1 minute ago, Risto said:

So, the entire talk about her betraying Jon because of WF is so far unfounded given that she didn't give a slightest inkling she would like to be a Queen.

Not to mention that if Jon pressed a claim on Winterfell, it would be him betraying Sansa, Bran, Arya, and Rickon, not the other way around. 

1 hour ago, lidsa said:

Not to mention that if Jon pressed a claim on Winterfell, it would be him betraying Sansa, Bran, Arya, and Rickon, not the other way around. 

Jon's claim will be on the Iron Throne if D&D goes with the popular fan theory. However I'm not sure he'll want it. As I said before, Jon's not a leader with great wisdom. He's just the only main character that has a pure good heart and that's why he's liked so much.

If Rickon dies and Bran doesnt want to be Lord of Winterfell (Which is very plausible) it becomes a bit more hazy.

Who to follow? A bastard or a woman? I think Sansa will be Wardeness of the North, but with Jon as her regent and general. The Northern houses wouldn't have it any other way with winter coming. I hope Davos gets the Dreadfort.

I dont think the R+L=J reveal by Bran to Team Stark will happen this season, but the next. Setting up the Dany against Jon conflict. With Sansa and Davos at his back Jon has very smart advisors. Plus he isn't dumb himself. (Smart enough to infiltrate the wildlings, kill the traitors and become LC)

10 minutes ago, permaximum said:

Jon's claim will be on the Iron Throne if D&D goes with the popular fan theory. However I'm not sure he'll want it. As I said before, Jon's not a leader with great wisdom. He's just the only main character that has a pure good heart and that's why he's liked so much.

Maybe he will try and press a claim on the Iron Throne. But then it wouldn't be betraying Sansa/the Starks, because they don't have a claim on the IT anyway (I was answering to somebody saying Sansa wanting Winterfell would be a betrayal of Jon).

Unless they think they shouldn't support the dynasty that murdered their grandfather and uncle, and that their father fought hard to take down. But I don't really see that.

6 minutes ago, DanïelNorth said:

but with Jon as her regent

Sansa doesn't need a regent, she's 18 in the show.

6 minutes ago, DanïelNorth said:

and become LC

Jon had nothing to do with that, that was all Sam.

Archived