Ranking the targ DYNASTY

9 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

So you believe that Rhaegar created Jon's character? 

Maegor was most likely a magic puppet, Aegon had sex a lot and Aerys was an brute who however hadn't commited genocide or hadn't created a war because he had eloped while married.

Ned obviously had a strong influence on Jon but Jon wouldn't exist without Rhaegar. Maegor was called the cruel for a reason, Aegon and Aerys were both instrumental in the creation of civil wars (Aegon 1V by legitimising his bastards and Aerys by his murderous actions at the start of Robert's Rebellion - and calling for Ned and Robert's heads.) Both men were guilty of numerous acts of cruelty and raped their wives.

Anyway, I see that we're both Dr Who fans, so we agree on some things.

6 minutes ago, Wall Flower said:

Ned obviously had a strong influence on Jon but Jon wouldn't exist without Rhaegar.

So a sperm donor means more about someone's life and character than the family he has grown in to? 

Maegor was called the cruel for a reason

True, but was like that because of magic.

Aegon 1V by legitimising his bastards

This is wrong. Legitimising the bastards wasn't the mistake.

Aerys by his murderous actions at the start of Robert's Rebellion

Which Rebellion happened when started when Aerys killed the family of the woman Rhaegar had eloped with. With no elopment Brandon wouldn't had been in KL so he wouldn't had died so no Rebellion.

It depends; Do you like the 10thDoctor? It's a pretty important question. :P

21 minutes ago, Wall Flower said:

Ned obviously had a strong influence on Jon but Jon wouldn't exist without Rhaegar. Maegor was called the cruel for a reason, Aegon and Aerys were both instrumental in the creation of civil wars (Aegon 1V by legitimising his bastards and Aerys by his murderous actions at the start of Robert's Rebellion - and calling for Ned and Robert's heads.) Both men were guilty of numerous acts of cruelty and raped their wives.

That is the indication that his organ worked not that he's smart or logical. I don't think he deserve a standing ovation for that. Even if somehow Rhaegar won the war, Jon's life would possibly be as challenging, i don't see him and future Aegon 6 to be buddies

If Jon manage to stop WW invation in the future that credit should go to him alone, and if he has to share the credit, it has to be Ned or Jeor Mormont

Best Looking Targs 

1. Daemon (handsome and charming enough to get half the continent)
2. Daeron 1
3. Rhaenyra (young version in awoiaf book)
4. Maegor 
5. Shiera Seastar

sidenote: a. based on Amok's illustration, Visenya seems to be the prettier sister, b.best looking spouse is Larra Rogare

22 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

I'm open to suggestions but so far it seems to me that someone who can go up in single combat with Robert Baratheon and give Robert a serious wound so that he can't continue is a pretty good fighter. But like I said I am open to suggestions.

Please note that I don't count bastards of Blackfyres, only legally accepted Targaryens here.

The 4 you named before him are not debatable. They are the "top tier" and anyone who can hang with (almost defeat) laughing storm 2.0 is worthy of any place on a greatest warrior list. But I would have to put Daemon Blackfyre ahead of Rhaegar ( I seem to be higher on his abilities than others on this forum) with Rhaegar as honorable mention or maybe Bittersteel 

21 hours ago, LokisRaider said:

Least likely of to be a Targ of secret Targ theories:

1.) Jamie/Cersie

2.) Daario

3.) Tyrion

4.) JonCon

5.) Jon Snow

Honorable Mention: Brown Ben Plumm

I said only targs as answers but this is hilarious I do question your knowledge of these "theories" however. With your 6 it should be...

1 Jon con

2 Daario

3 Jamie cersei 

4. Tyrion 

5 Brown Ben 

Jon shouldn't be on this list IMHO 

Top 5 best targaryen kings:

1. Jaehaerys I the Wise - no explain needed

2. Aegon I the Conqueror - besides conquering westeros, he managed to rule efficiently for over 30 years

3. Daeron II the Good - no explain needed

4. Viserys II - while being king for one year, he effective ruled seven kingdoms as hand of king for many years

5 Aegon III the Dragonbane - while not very popular king, he managed to heal westeros after being nearly torn apart in dance of dragons and gave smallfolk and lords peace and justice

Top 5 worst targaryen kings:

1. Aerys II the Mad - his madness and cruelty led to fall of targaryen dynasty

2. Maegor the Cruel - usurper, kinslayer, psychopath and cruel half-madman

3. Aegon IV the Unworthy - fat, lazy, lustful and vengeful person who was ruled by his lust

4. Aerys I - king who preffered reading books than siring a heir, ruling or even defending his bannermen from ironborn 

5. Baelor I - fanatic zealot who almost destroyed seven kingdoms through series of his idiotic decrees

On 1 June 2016 at 8:25 PM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Daeron above Viseys? Can't argue with any of these nice list. No room for the unworthy or is he a different type of foolish?

I just think his attempts to conquer Dorne were absolutely fruitless. He lost 40,000 men or so and still didn't win and in the end they were united by marriage.

and yeah the Unworthy is just something else

22 hours ago, Protagoras said:

Viserys wasn´t foolish but a victim of circumstances. And where is Aerys (both of them), Rhaegar as well as Rhaegel

Yes of course he had it rough but you don't think constantly threatening a dothraki hordes khaleesi and in the end threatening Drogo and his unborn child with thousands of dothraki around him was foolish?

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

The 4 you named before him are not debatable. They are the "top tier" and anyone who can hang with (almost defeat) laughing storm 2.0 is worthy of any place on a greatest warrior list. But I would have to put Daemon Blackfyre ahead of Rhaegar ( I seem to be higher on his abilities than others on this forum) with Rhaegar as honorable mention or maybe Bittersteel 

I said only targs as answers but this is hilarious I do question your knowledge of these "theories" however. With your 6 it should be...

1 Jon con

2 Daario

3 Jamie cersei 

4. Tyrion 

5 Brown Ben 

Jon shouldn't be on this list IMHO 

I think that both Bittersteel and Daemon Blackfyre were better than Rhaegar so I suppose its my prejudice that I didn't take those two into account.

1 hour ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Top 5 best targaryen kings:

1. Jaehaerys I the Wise - no explain needed

2. Aegon I the Conqueror - besides conquering westeros, he managed to rule efficiently for over 30 years

3. Daeron II the Good - no explain needed

4. Viserys II - while being king for one year, he effective ruled seven kingdoms as hand of king for many years

5 Aegon III the Dragonbane - while not very popular king, he managed to heal westeros after being nearly torn apart in dance of dragons and gave smallfolk and lords peace and justice

Top 5 worst targaryen kings:

1. Aerys II the Mad - his madness and cruelty led to fall of targaryen dynasty

2. Maegor the Cruel - usurper, kinslayer, psychopath and cruel half-madman

3. Aegon IV the Unworthy - fat, lazy, lustful and vengeful person who was ruled by his lust

4. Aerys I - king who preffered reading books than siring a heir, ruling or even defending his bannermen from ironborn 

5. Baelor I - fanatic zealot who almost destroyed seven kingdoms through series of his idiotic decrees

I feel Aegon 5 is slightly better choice than Aegon 3 but I do agree he did somewhat heal the realm after civil war 

Aenys has to be on a top 5 worst targ King list I'm sorry.

4 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I feel Aegon 5 is slightly better choice than Aegon 3 but I do agree he did somewhat heal the realm after civil war 

Aenys has to be on a top 5 worst targ King list I'm sorry.

Aegon V had good intentions, but in the end he did not managed to accomplish much. If his children had obeyed him, his reign may be better.

On my list Aenys would be sixth. I agree that he was shitty king, but in my opinion aerys i the bookfucker was even weaker kign than him. Aenys at least wanted to fight rebels (even tho he had no idea what actually do with them). And Baelor reign may be peaceful, but all his actions as king was utterly dumb. This idiot even managed to starve himself to death by fasting. 

On 6/1/2016 at 1:45 AM, ReleaseTheHound said:

Most foolish

1. Aerion Brightflame

2. Daeron I the young dragon

3. Viserys the beggar King 

4. Haegon Blackfyre

5. Baelor Breakspear

Why were Haegon and Baelor foolish? I'm asking about Haegon because I just don't remember what he did? I would assume you listing Baelor bc he chose to fight for Dunk?

My List would be:

1) Aerion Brightflame

2) Aegon the Unworthy

3) Daemon Blackfyre (the second I believe; the one from D&E)

4) Baelor I

5) Viserys the Beggar 

25 minutes ago, theblackdragonI said:

Best fighters:  

1) Daemon Blackfyre

2) Dragonknight

3) Daemon the Rogue Prince

4) Aegon I

5) Bittersteel

No Maegor 

Or Maekar you have Daemon who was the youngest? Targ knight (I think) and Dragonknight but left the other 2 young targ Knights out of the list.

Both Daemons have a place in any top 5

Same for Dragonknight 

Rhaegar could probably have taken Aegon 1 IMHO 

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

No Maegor 

Or Maekar you have Daemon who was the youngest? Targ knight (I think) and Dragonknight but left the other 2 young targ Knights out of the list.

Both Daemons have a place in any top 5

Same for Dragonknight 

Rhaegar could probably have taken Aegon 1 IMHO 

I wouldn't have Rhaegar in my top 5 fighters. Sure he was good in a joust but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

I wouldn't have Rhaegar in my top 5 fighters. Sure he was good in a joust but that's about it.

I disagree. Anyone who can take on Robert Baratheon in his prime in single combat is pretty good, especially so when it left Robert dangerously wounded.

22 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

I disagree. Anyone who can take on Robert Baratheon in his prime in single combat is pretty good, especially so when it left Robert dangerously wounded.

It left Robert wounded. Idk about dangerously wounded, he did after all send his maester away to Barristan. 

3 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

It left Robert wounded. Idk about dangerously wounded, he did after all send his maester away to Barristan. 

I doubt Robert had only one or two maesters available, and I don't doubt that a spare could be found for the presumtive but all the more likely new king. But I could be wrong, of course.

On 3/6/2016 at 5:59 AM, LionoftheWest said:

He injured him nothing more when Robert exterminated him.

Archived