The North storyline is worse then Dorne

Boo-hoo a few people can't remember recurring small characters why then do i see other shows (Breaking bad, the wire, sopranos, daredevil, house of cards etc.) manage and remain popular

32 minutes ago, Chaircat Meow said:

The elements they chose to focus on were also strange. The scene at Bear Island was all about Lyanna Mormont and how cool she was, rather than about Jon or Sansa or the North's loyaly to the Starks and their anger at the Boltons/Freys. Some very odd choices they making.

Yeah, but they've completely ruined Jon and Sansa and Davos.  They're D&D characters now, and as such, they are boring as fuck cardboard cutouts of people.  It was strange that neither of them could show a little passion for their fallen house or little brother but even if they had it would have come across cringe worthy, boring, clichéd, and poorly acted.  Lyanna was the best part of that scene, and the most convincing as a human being.  It also gives me a little hope we'll get the Bolton-Blood speech, but probably not.  I'm sure they'll let LF save the day.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

You have very little idea of how your average person watches the show

Unless the average person means retarded, I don't see how that would be the problem. We are introduced to the new characters all the time.

43 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Boo-hoo a few people can't remember recurring small characters why then do i see other shows (Breaking bad, the wire, sopranos, daredevil, house of cards etc.) manage and remain popular

I've seen every episode of all those shows. None of them have a cast as big as Game of Thrones and they don't do what's being advocated for in this thread.

You aren't talking about small recurring characters. Kevan Lannister and Walder Frey are small recurring characters. This thread is proposing giving names to glorified extras in a short weddling scene and then expecting them to be consequential after not being on screen for a year.

59 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

BB, DD, and HoC have a lot less reoccurring characters than GoT already has. Sopranos had more than those shows, but still not as many as GoT. I'm fairly sure the wire had a lot less too, but it's probably getting close to GoT level. But the Wire was never very popular. And a lot of the characters were just random gang members.

The show already doesn't spend enough time with the characters it has, throwing more in is a waste of effort.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

I've seen every episode of all those shows. None of them have a cast as big as Game of Thrones and they don't do what's being advocated for in this thread.

You aren't talking about small recurring characters. Kevan Lannister and Walder Frey are small recurring characters. This thread is proposing giving names to glorified extras in a short weddling scene and then expecting them to be consequential after not being on screen for a year.

I'm not I'm say the whole plot last year should of been rewritten with no wedding with Sansa and instead Rickon is in the Jenye

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Why did they bring the Blackfish back?  Nobody remembers him either, or Edmure Tully.   

Blackfish and Edmure Tully had more than one scene, for one example. Edmure Tully was the character getting married in the shows most famous scene for another.

Just now, lancerman said:

Blackfish and Edmure Tully had more than one scene, for one example. Edmure Tully was the character getting married in the shows most famous scene for another.

And the average viewer still probably doesn't remember very well. I had to explain to my mother-in-law who he was. My wife was just excited blackjack randall was on screen.

The time to develop reoccurring Northern characters would have been during S2-3. But most would have gotten killed at the RW. The show did a pretty bad job at depicting Rob's bannermen and trusted friends during the WOT5k. The book didn't either--his bannermen weren't even real characters. They'd get mentioned a few times in passing. But the show tried to beef up Robb, essentially giving him a showPOV, but never developed his comrades.

1 minute ago, Ruhail said:

Should kill everyone who isnt Jon,Tyrion,jorah, dany, arya and sansa since people cant remember

This is getting kind of sad. They have a bigger cast than all the shows you mentioned by a wide margin. You are asking them to name a few extras in a scene that lasted 5 minutes in the hopes that the audience would remember them a year later as consequential people. Which they wouldn't.

When they made just as much of an impact having Glover have one full scene to himself as a Northern Lord by being introduced this year.

It's not the books where you can waste a whole paragraph every other chapter name dropping all the Lord's in the Stark army.

26 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Call me when Davos says "bad pussy" and then we'll talk. Nothing is as bad as Dorne. 

Oh, I think Yara bragging to her castrated brother she's going to go "fuck the tits off" of some prostitute can give "bad pussy" a run for its money.

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

This is getting kind of sad. They have a bigger cast than all the shows you mentioned by a wide margin. You are asking them to name a few extras in a scene that lasted 5 minutes in the hopes that the audience would remember them a year later as consequential people. Which they wouldn't.

When they made just as much of an impact having Glover have one full scene to himself as a Northern Lord by being introduced this year.

It's not the books where you can waste a whole paragraph every other chapter name dropping all the Lord's in the Stark army.

Lool the only sad thing is that the self proclaimed greatest and biggest show cant do simple secondary and tertiary characters like any other show does.

1 minute ago, Ruhail said:

Lool the only sad thing is that the self proclaimed greatest and biggest show cant do simple secondary and tertiary characters like any other show does.

GoT has like 200 secondary and tertiary characters. This is a really stupid compliant about the show.

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

First of all S2 manged alot of recurring side characters with a big battle at the end. The problem is not extras it's the show blowing its money on CGI-ing things like the faces on the wall and the massive horse statues despite the fact we were their is S1

Season 1 had the least plotlines, the least locations, and the least major characters. Season 6 has a plot for Jon/Sansa/Davos/Mel which so far has included the Wall and a few Northern castles, a plot for Arya in Braavos, a plot for Dany in the Vaes Dothrak, a plot for Tyrion in Mereen, a plot for Cersie and everyone in KL, a plot for the Greyjoy's on Pyke and now they are traveling, a plot for Dorne, a plot for Bran beyond the Wall, a plot for Sam which is hit Hornhill and soon to be Oldtown, and now a plot for Jamie and Brienne in the Riverlands. That's not including that we are getting scenes in the Vale, at presumably the Twins with Walder Frey, scenes at Winterfell with Ramsay, time travel scenes with Bran.

There's a bit of difference between what the show did in it's earliest days with it's mostly selfcontained plots, and all the things they have to juggle now.

4 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

No the only sad thing is you pretending that the Sopranos and Breaking Bad were shitty shows that would do something stupid like introducing important secondary characters in a quick scene and never heard from for about a year, all so a few jilted fans could get some Northern Lords named dropped, when it was entirely unnecessary since they are getting some screen time now.

Archived