Characters you dislike or hate

norwaywolf123

30 minutes ago, black_hart said:

How do people who hate either Jon or Dany or any of Sansa / Arya / Eddard / Cat manage to like the books?

It happens. 

My fucking head scratcher is how do you dislike these characters and like someone like Jaime, Tyrion, Tywin, Cersei, Sandor Cleagan, Littlefinger, any Lannister, the Freys, the Boltons, the Ironborn, Joffery, etc.....

Weird as fuck!!!!

6 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

It happens. 

My fucking head scratcher is how do you dislike these characters and like someone like Jaime, Tyrion, Tywin, Cersei, Sandor Cleagan, Littlefinger, any Lannister, the Freys, the Boltons, the Ironborn, Joffery, etc.....

Weird as fuck!!!!

I only hate Jon and Stannis. 

I'm neutral to most characters.   

23 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

I only hate Jon and Stannis. 

I'm neutral to most characters.   

You don't have to explain your lself to me. 

I just don't get how anyone could hate someone like Jon, Sansa, Ned, Catelyn, Dany, Bran, Arya, and some others. 

They are the least offensive characters in this series yet I don't get the dislike. 

On July 4, 2016 at 8:35 AM, khal drogon said:

I hate Jon, Robert, Tywin, Ramsay, Mountain, Pycelle, Rickard Stark, Aerys II, Hoster Tully, Lysa, Littlefinger, Sybelle, Daario, Mero, Reznak, Slynt, Pyat Pree. That's all that comes to mind.

Why Rickard Stark? 

On 3/7/2016 at 11:19 AM, PirateVergo said:

Brandon Stark (Ned's brother not Bran), 

But why? All we know about him is that he was hot headed, liked sex and was a prodigy at sword fighting. How is any of that hate worthy?

1 hour ago, I'm Cortana said:
  • Ghost

11 hours ago, Beretta DT11 said:

his white wolf.

Seriously now? An animal?

2 hours ago, The Wolves said:

It happens. 

Weird as fuck!!!!

Because some of those characters are more interesting than bores like Jon and Ned, it's really not weird or hard to understand at all

3 hours ago, The Wolves said:

It happens. 

Weird as fuck!!!!

Oh yes. The Bolton apologists, Baelish admirers and the King Joffrey crowd. I always hope it is just contrarianism and half as a joke.

And does really nobody dislike Varys? Cat is disliked for supposed bad parenting, but serial abuse and killing of children is just being an admired player of teh game.

On 05/07/2016 at 5:39 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

But why? All we know about him is that he was hot headed, liked sex and was a prodigy at sword fighting. How is any of that hate worthy

Brandon is a shame to the honorable house Stark on so many lvl, not only did he dishonour Ashara,Catelyn and many others highborn ladies but he's also responsible for his own father's death and Aerys asking Jon Arynn to kill Ned and Robert.

He was born to lead House Stark yet he wasn't half as wise,composed or honorable as Ned, he would have ruined house Stark had he not died in the Red Kee. Also I always thought he was a poor man's Robert, they basically have the same personality except that Robert is way more relevant to the plot and led the rebellion

4 hours ago, PirateVergo said:

honorable house Stark

The honourable House Stark is a myth not true.

not only did he dishonour Ashara

First we don't know if he did anything second if Ashara had sex with him with her own free will isn't dishonoring especially in Dorne.

Catelyn

When?

many others highborn ladies

We only learn about Lady Dustin who herself has told that she was more than willing to have sex with him.

he's also responsible for his own father's death and Aerys asking Jon Arynn to kill Ned and Robert.

How? Jaime claims that Brandon went to KL, after Rhaegar kidnaped Lyanna, and screamed about facing Rhaegar and if Jaime wasn't with Brandon in the same room he couldn't know what really happened. Why do you forget the reason why Brandon went to KL? What else he could do?

He was born to lead House Stark yet he wasn't half as wise,composed or honorable as Ned

You mean the man who was killed and started a war because he was an idiot?

9 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

The honourable House Stark is a myth not true.

In recent times it is, Brandon is nothing like Ned,Benjen,Robb or even Jon.

First we don't know if he did anything second if Ashara had sex with him with her own free will isn't dishonoring especially in Dorne.

He got her pregnant while being promised to another woman, he dishonored her, what Ashara think of it hardly matters, even if she was fine with it Brandon shouldn't have bee, see how Robb threw everything away for his honr after sleeping with Jeyne.

When?

I consider cheating on the one you're supposed to marry to be quite the offense.

How? Jaime claims that Brandon went to KL, after Rhaegar kidnaped Lyanna, and screamed about facing Rhaegar and if Jaime wasn't with Brandon in the same room he couldn't know what really happened. Why do you forget the reason why Brandon went to KL? What else he could do?

Only a total moron would go into the red keep and scream about how he's gonna kill the crown prince in front of the king himself and his court. Brandon got himself killed because he was an impulsive fool, his father died because of him too. No matter what Rhaegar did, threatening the prince was surely not the way to get Lyanna back. He should've shut the fuck up and let his father deal with the situation.

You mean the man who was killed and started a war because he was an idiot?

Ned didn't start anything, Catelyn did.

I've disliked dany's chapters through and through.  I also disliked all of Sansa's chapters, until the most recent winds of winter chapter.  I'm actually excited to read her future chapters.

i also dislike cat and basically all of the iron born characters (except theon once he became reek).  I don't really understand why they are allowed to practice slavery.  Make no mistake, salt wives and thralls are absolutely slaves.  Slaves, whose children are mercifully born free, are still slaves.

i love to hate cersei.  Her chapters after tywin died are just amazing.

Lommy effing greenhands.  I can't stand that guy.

I generally don't really hate any of the developed characters. If I had to pick out my least favorites I would have to say

Pycelle - not interesting, honorable, funny nor remarkable. It's also a stretch to believe someone so incompetent would have risen to where he is which makes it feel a little less real. 

Septon Meribald - has only had a very small role but has the honour of being in one of the few boring chapters and didn't like the moralistic speech.

Archived