Does Jaime Die?

Jaime is not setting up the Frey's. If he wanted to kill the Frey's then why wouldn't he have just taken his army and destroyed the Frey's when they snuck up on them during the Siege of Riverrun like he and Bronn told them they could have? What would be his motivation to suddenly forget Cersei and help the Starks and all in the span of 1 episode? If Jaime somehow dies this episode then it would have to be at the hands of Arya or the Brotherhood without Banners/The Hound or maybe even Brienne, she apparently didn't make it to the Battle of Winterfell so maybe she's still lurking in the Riverlands and couldn't get her hands on one of those Westrosi Jetpacks that a few seem to have? I do think Jaime is going to die soon though, if not this season then halfway through next, the Lannister storyline is getting very near the end, methinks. Arrya with a Jaime face makes a lot of sense expect for the details, do you also get someones height/weight/voice when you take their face? That's a tough sell unless.

Only possible motivation for Jaime killing the Frey's is if somehow the Frey's have captured and executed Brienne before they could escape the Riverlands. But somehow, I don't see that happening.

Don't think Jaime will die this season.

Spoiler

NCW kinda spilled the beans about it

I do wonder, however, how he's getting out of there in one piece, as I'm sure the Freys will be done for this time.

I'm thinking either the BwB and/or Brienne are involved ; if the latter is aware of what's coming , she'll try and save him.

1 hour ago, Marada78 said:

They will both happen, not in that way, but they will both happen. Walder Frey is gonna die in this episode, that's for sure. Jamie could survive but don't know how that will play out. Cersei burning KL will also happen, but I am not sure how this will play out either. Tommen will die first since Cersei would never do that with the possibility to kill him. Also the visions of Bran were complex because we had also a Dragon flying over an intact KL. The possibility I like the most is her surviving KL massacre only to be killed by Arya with Jamie face.

FM only copy the face don't they? FM can't copy a body or a voice can they?

I thought she would try to be someone of similar statue to herself like a Frey girl or maybe Walders new wife.

23 hours ago, Heartofwinter said:

Arya in disguise? You realize if you learned nothing from the faceless men in the show, you must at least realize you can only take the face of dead people. I mean cmon, you actually need to have their face to use it.

Obviously you haven't paid any attention and learned diddly squat!

9 hours ago, tmug said:

Jaime doesnt seem to be the type to enjoy being at the Freys for this long unless he was planning something. He seemed to be changed after that final Brienne scene, plus he will be inspired in how the Blackfish went out (not so much of a useless death after all). 

My hope is that he is smirking because he personally cant stand the Freys and would like to get some honor back if he was the one to wipe out the Freys in the same manner how they took out the Starks. What use are the Freys at this point? Who else would even care i the Freys are massacred? He is following the HS's orders through Tommen at this point, fuck those guys. Kill the Freys; give the Twins to the Tullys, and march his full strength army back to KL to take on the Faith. Too bad Cersei blows it up as he returns though

Redemption Jaime complete. #azorahai

I sincerely hope this happens. A reverse Red Wedding of sorts. However, I'm like 99% sure Jamie isn't Azor Ahai.

10 hours ago, tjmarsh said:

I don't understand why people think Arya will go to the Riverlands? She said she was "going home" she didn't say she was going to tour Westeros. She didn't say she was going to go on a killing spree. She specifically said home. Even more to the point, she said she was Arya Stark of Winterfell and that she was going to go back there because Winterfell is home. Keep drink the Kool-Aid that the show is going to do something cool, they are not. It is a straightlined story. 

And!!! 

Who the hell said anything about a wedding? Because the Freys and lannisters get together doesn't mean a wedding is happening. I would think that Jaime is bringing back the Blackfish of something. 

Well... if you wanted to know why most people think Arya is going there it's because

Spoiler

a reliable spoiler guy on reddit was saying it does happen. I believe they said it involved some form of the Frey pies being served (I think these are going to be poisoned pies this time not cannibalized ones).

On another note, I'd be kinda pleased if Arya is there wearing Jamie's face. But that's probably too optimistic to hope for. Tho Maisie did hint pre-season that she would be wearing another face at one point and it hasn't happened yet...

11 hours ago, Marada78 said:

They will both happen, not in that way, but they will both happen. Walder Frey is gonna die in this episode, that's for sure. Jamie could survive but don't know how that will play out. Cersei burning KL will also happen, but I am not sure how this will play out either. Tommen will die first since Cersei would never do that with the possibility to kill him. Also the visions of Bran were complex because we had also a Dragon flying over an intact KL. The possibility I like the most is her surviving KL massacre only to be killed by Arya with Jamie face.

Yeah I made the point about KL being intact in another thread, which means I'm not fully convinced Cersei will burn down Kings Landing (although she'll probably try).

But yeah if Jaime, the Freys and all of King's Landing's arc's finish in the same episode I'll be pretty pissed.

On 6/20/2016 at 0:13 AM, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

One thing the preview spooked into me was that Jaime might die. He seems to be at the wedding and I think we all expect Arya to make a huge appearance at that feast. Does Jaime get to actually make it to his redemption arc or does he die a servant of Cersei?

I have long believed jaime will die a hero in the final battle, and Brienne will cry.

The vast majority of people, I think, will not mourn him, b/c they will be unaware of the profound changes Jaime has undergone (just as Edmure was utterly unaware of those changes when Jaime bluffed and fooled Edmure into giving up Riverrun in Episode 608 a few weeks ago).

I think only Brienne will truly know.

HBO releases some photos for the next episode, and we have several with Jaime. In 2-3 he is at the feast, but in another he is marching at the front of the Lann army(probably on his way back to KL) during the day with Bronn by his side, so either Arya will do something very low key(hope not), or he doesn’t have much of an appetite. Although I don’t see Bronn abstaining from eating or drinking, especially free booze, but who knows?

13 hours ago, Cron said:

Do you mean Jaime won't die in Episode 610, or in the series as a whole?

Won't die this season. There was an article out about what each actor/actress is slated to make next season per episode. That actor that Portrays Jamie is set to make 500K per episode iirc.

50 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Won't die this season. There was an article out about what each actor/actress is slated to make next season per episode. That actor that Portrays Jamie is set to make 500K per episode iirc.

Good, I'm glad for Nikolai.

I saw Gods of Egypt, and enjoyed it (although I'm a huge fan of Norse and Greek mythology, I thought it was a GREAT idea to give another mythos a shot, and Egyptian mythology was cool.  Nikolai played Horus, for anyone who doesn't know).

Hope he continues to do well.

15 hours ago, Cron said:

I have long believed jaime will die a hero in the final battle, and Brienne will cry.

The vast majority of people, I think, will not mourn him, b/c they will be unaware of the profound changes Jaime has undergone (just as Edmure was utterly unaware of those changes when Jaime bluffed and fooled Edmure into giving up Riverrun in Episode 608 a few weeks ago).

I think only Brienne will truly know.

Yeah, I agree with this assessment. Jaime's story was always meant to end in a big way but tragically I think. Just not yet. 

Archived