Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

5 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Damn, that sounds ridiculous, but the rest of the reddit leak looks very credible indeed. So Davos ends the season as Gendry on 4 legs? Awful :angry2:

And somehow both of them miraculously appear at the end of the series when everyone important has died after the final battle and Grendy is crowned king. Lol

8 minutes ago, mafro987daboss said:

Why does not killing or exiling Mel mean he's converted anyway? He most likely just pragmatically recognises the importance of keeping her around. As I said, he most likely won't force Davos to leave, rather he wants both as advisors.

Jon will keep Mel around cause she predicted the battle of winterfell and that he will be present. He needs her insight in the wars to come as the White Walkers are coming. 

Just now, the Greenleif Stark said:

Obviously......apparently I was not making myself clear, I meant why do fans of the show put more stock in one God over others, specifically the red god over the Old Gods or the seven

I guess because R'hllor is gaining converts; I think a hefty populace in Essos will convert and support Dany's claims. If Dany sees herself as AA it will make sense for Westerosi knee-benders to adopt the faith too. Note that no other religion - Old gods, Drowned god, Faith of the Seven are proselytizing religions (Fot7 potentially is but is focussing to instilling deeper faith in nominal devotees rather than converting other believers) - only R'hollorism is.

14 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Dany has not even claimed to follow R'hllor, so why would the people of Westeros?  

Not yet, but the red priestess in Meereen has been whipping up the populace to believe she is AA. Whilst Mel the dozy cow thinks Jon is AA/TPTWP, the rest of the reds are rooting for Dany - that's a far more useful weapon for Dany to use to get the Westerosi smallfolks on her side than dragons. Note that after tonight the dominant religion of Westeros, the Faith of the Seven will be in utter disarray (cheers again Cercei) leading to a religious as well as power vacuum for Dany to fill.

5 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

If Jon says "I won't kill Melisandre but I still want you here you just need to accept Melisandre being around", that's not Jon choosing her over Davos, that's Davos refusing to accept Jon's decision and leaving of his own accord. So I don't think Jon can be blamed.

Having a witch lady who can bring people back from the dead, see visions in the fires (although she misinterprets them), and birth shadow babies might be helpful in the war against the WWs.  While justice for Shireen is the moral thing, Jon is preparing for a zombie invasion and he needs all his weapons.  Also, Jon might point out that while Mell-y suggested burning Shireen, it was Stannis who actually ordered it.

This actually strikes me as accurate if they are trying to get rid of all the advisors who might keep Jon from playing the Great Game.  I think that like Uncle Ned, Jon gets manipulated by LF in the last seasons.  However, some of the other speculation seems silly.  

On 6/20/2016 at 10:58 AM, Daemos said:

Mel is not responsible for the will and wishes of Stannis and his wife. She is merely an interpreter of and sometime facilitator of the Lord of Light.

Besides, she took Shireen from Davos, but she gave Jon. I'd say her debt is settled if she had one in this regard.

You got to be kidding me, you are saying Melisandre is less responsible than Stannis!? Melisandre was the one who lit the fire, the one who pushed Stannis to do this. She is the one with the most blame.

On 6/20/2016 at 1:00 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

No one will kill melisandre, not Jon or Arya or Davos, Jon will understand her position, they are all guilty and making Mel pay for shireen's burning is not justice, Davos knows that she can kill him in a blink of an eye, he will try but he will bite the dust, Arya is going to the Riverlands and Jon and Co are returning to the wall

How is it not justice, Melisandre is ultimate the person who put the whole thing in motion, If melisandre hadn't pressured Stannis Shireen would be alive. Stannis is at fault too (in the show only!) but clearly Melisandre's part of it is greater.

23 hours ago, Nefertari said:

Don't get why they(Davos and John) should execute Melisandre.

It's not like they don't know she was suggesting people to be burn, and Stannis was totally fine with it.

It's since her introduction that she offered her help to Stannis and Stannis priority was becoming king, so he was totally fine in burning innocents and his own family.

Stannis was a kinslayer way before he killed his own daughter, he also was fine in killing Renly, why all of a sudden the death of his daughter makes a difference?

Davos was fond of her, we know it, but it doesn't change Melisandre position, if anything Davos will finally STOP his idiotic worshipping of Stannis, a man so blind and bitter that couldn't see that even if he won the war the fact that he killed his child would alienate people from him even more.

Melisandre may have told Stannis to kill people(and EVERYONE knew it) but Stannis accepted it, just ask yourself if John would burn his people if Melisandre told him so (just imagine Melisandre telling him to burn Arya or Sansa), i think you know the answer( and no, he would not kill Melisandre for the suggestion, Melisandre was just that- like Pycelle or whatever)

He indirectly killed a brother who was at war with him after he presented his brother with a way out that was disregarded. Kinslaying in the context of dynastic disputes is not a rare thing. Your relatives are often the ones who pose the most serious threat to your claims!

You are obviously a show only poster, since if you really had read the books you d know how unwilling stannis was to burn Edric and how he was relived when Davos took him away. Stannis' fanatic aspects are all D&D's creation.

I really can't understand why some of the people who hate Stannis SO much are at the same time willing to give Melisandre a pass.

2 hours ago, Stag_legion said:

I really can't understand why some of the people who hate Stannis SO much are at the same time willing to give Melisandre a pass.

Or on Stannis instead of Renly , like Renly was not the one who started a war against his older brother , not giving a damn about succession law.. great way to have a war everytime a king dies and someone believe to be the fittest to rule...

8 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Not yet, but the red priestess in Meereen has been whipping up the populace to believe she is AA. Whilst Mel the dozy cow thinks Jon is AA/TPTWP, the rest of the reds are rooting for Dany - that's a far more useful weapon for Dany to use to get the Westerosi smallfolks on her side than dragons. Note that after tonight the dominant religion of Westeros, the Faith of the Seven will be in utter disarray (cheers again Cercei) leading to a religious as well as power vacuum for Dany to fill.

I'm sure this is what Dumb & Dumber will do, doubt the book will tho.  The Targs themselves converted to the 7 when they conquered Westeros, not their religion from Valayria.  Also, do people on southern Westeros know about the threat from the Others? No.  So why would they believe AA exist or even know or care who AA is?  Also, 7 never made it to the North, why would R'hllor?  Also, see the Starry Sept in Oldtown

4 hours ago, Stag_legion said:

How is it not justice, Melisandre is ultimate the person who put the whole thing in motion, If melisandre hadn't pressured Stannis Shireen would be alive. Stannis is at fault too (in the show only!) but clearly Melisandre's part of it is greater.

it's just a matter of opinion, nothing more, nothing less, Melisandre gave an advice to Stannis to win the war (she didn't pressured him), after deep thinking, the parents of shireen agreed to burn their daughter, Melisandre execute the order of her king while the parents stood there watching, she didn't throw some spells on them to make them accept the advice, she was a soldier in his war, I can't judge a soldier for the orders of his commander, if I start judging soldiers then I will first judge Davos "ass kisser" Seaworth for making his king lose the blackwater's bay because of his hate for a witch 

4 hours ago, Stag_legion said:

Stannis is my favourite character book and show. I don't know why you seem to think wanting Melisandre to survive and liking Stannis are mutually exclusive.

It's true that SHOWDavos has paid far more attention to Jon than he ever has Shireen anyway, and Mel was the one that resurrected him, thus facilitating Davos' whole storyline this season.

Stannis was the proclaimed King, so the order was his. Mel has a big part in the thing but first blame is to Stannis. He was Shireen's father for god sake, how he could order such thing? And what, now to put all blame at Mel because no Stannis nor Selise are alive? That's wrong.

Concerning Mel - she survives but Davos gonna die. He is cool, but his story is just done. I don't know what else he could do further on.

Mel's story also doesn't make sense anymore, she brought back Jon saw the victory at WF and sincerely didn't have much sentences as the series have been continued. Maybe even Mel dies and LB would be forged, because "who bring the sentence, must swing the sword". :-) But I really hope that wont happen, because I'm extremly enjoyed in her sorcery during the ressurection scene and want to see more of that badass magic from Ashai in future.

Archived