Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

1 hour ago, wolfinho said:

Stannis was the proclaimed King, so the order was his. Mel has a big part in the thing but first blame is to Stannis. He was Shireen's father for god sake, how he could order such thing? And what, now to put all blame at Mel because no Stannis nor Selise are alive? That's wrong.

Concerning Mel - she survives but Davos gonna die. He is cool, but his story is just done. I don't know what else he could do further on.

Mel's story also doesn't make sense anymore, she brought back Jon saw the victory at WF and sincerely didn't have much sentences as the series have been continued. Maybe even Mel dies and LB would be forged, because "who bring the sentence, must swing the sword". :-) But I really hope that wont happen, because I'm extremly enjoyed in her sorcery during the ressurection scene and want to see more of that badass magic from Ashai in future.

I feel the same way about Stannis. He had all the power over the choice and he was Shireen's father, therefore he's way more to blame.I used to hate her for her role in Shireen's death but now that she's kind of broken I lost some of my anger. I don't think Mel has no story left, though. I think she'll sacrifice herself down the line, I'm not sure I even buy Arya killing her. Is she even still on her list? I don't think so. 

56 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

I feel the same way about Stannis. He had all the power over the choice and he was Shireen's father, therefore he's way more to blame.I used to hate her for her role in Shireen's death but now that she's kind of broken I lost some of my anger. I don't think Mel has no story left, though. I think she'll sacrifice herself down the line, I'm not sure I even buy Arya killing her. Is she even still on her list? I don't think so. 

Also think Arya wont kill her. All the story that is possibly left for her arc is the forging of a Lightbringer which may occure tonight. But I'm somehow inclined to believe it will be postponed. I don't think she dies, she is too intriguing and interesting to end up like that. Shireen's death was terrible but the main blame is not to her, but to  Stannis and Selyse, and if she survives tonight it wont be first time nor probably the last when death of innocent had passed unpunished. However, if every time when some innocent had died, someone responsible died for punishment, there wouldn't be living men on Westeros.

Davos convinced mel to do her magic, davos tried to help jon to convince northern houses to fight for him, davos ordered the charge of the cavalry and saved jon. Jon owns davos as much as he owns mel and it will be a very though decision for him when davos brings mel in front of jon for justice. Jon needs them both and i dont think he will punish mel and this might result davos leaving jon.

And where will Davos go if he leaves Jon? I think he will try to take justice in his own hands. So it will be his end. Hope not, hope they will be able to find a solution without consequences but I'm affraid it's impossible in this series. 

On 6/22/2016 at 5:55 PM, LadyAlisande said:

Mell won't argue with Davos, or lie, or try to justify what she did. I think she will calmly and resignedly confess what happened and what her role was. Mel at this point is still totally lacking confidence. She isn't going to try to defend herself; she is going to ask for and accept Jon's judgment.

And that is a huge responsibility being put on an exhausted and depressed Jon Snow. Remember that up to this point Jon has been Mr. Morality. For him, the ends never justified immoral means. The Jon we know would listen to Mel accepting responsibility, find her guilty, and swing the sword to execute her, himself.

The question is, did Jon learn anything from Rickon's death and Sansa's politicking? Because killing Mel may be the right decision from an immediate moral standpoint, but absolutely the wrong decision in the larger scheme of things. She may be humbled, but she still possesses amazing powers. And with his army decimated by battles and Littlefinger literally moving in and the Night King almost at the gates, he can't afford to sacrifice such a valuable and completely loyal-to-him ally. 

If Jon just continues to be the same kind of self-righteous idiot that Ned and Robb were, he will end up the same way they did. He needs to learn from their mistakes and play the damn game a little bit here.  

This was such a fantastic post. 

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

How come?

Exactly. Many assume Arya will simply kill her the next time they meet without giving any thought to possible contexts and conditions the two will meet under. Of course this is due to 'The Red Woman' being on Arya's list but the situation will surely be of a greater complexity if/when it comes.

Maybe she brings Rickon to life after all, he couldn't look worse than Berick after 6 deaths, and he's rightfull heir of Winterfell, no matter all the time living older brother Bran who was the last prince of WF. :-)

13 hours ago, YorEmixam said:

Or on Stannis instead of Renly , like Renly was not the one who started a war against his older brother , not giving a damn about succession law.. great way to have a war everytime a king dies and someone believe to be the fittest to rule...

Errr,,,nope, Renly was at war with the Lannister. Renly was a pretender as was Stannis. Neither  was really a King and neither had a valid claim to the IT.

5 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Mel will be killed by Arya maybe 

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

How come?

1 hour ago, mafro987daboss said:

Exactly. Many assume Arya will simply kill her the next time they meet without giving any thought to possible contexts and conditions the two will meet under. Of course this is due to 'The Red Woman' being on Arya's list but the situation will surely be of a greater complexity if/when it comes.

here the updated list of Arya : Cersei, the Mountain and Walder, they will 100% dead, killed by Arya and no Melisandre

1 hour ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

Errr,,,nope, Renly was at war with the Lannister. Renly was a pretender as was Stannis. Neither  was really a King and neither had a valid claim to the IT.

Stannis actually did have a legitimate claim since Robert had no true born sons. Stannis was the true King at that point.

2 hours ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

Are you one of those that think Joffrey was Robert's trueborn son?

3 hours ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

So I guess that's why they named it "The war of the five kings"... because there was only one..

34 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

She's riding south right into Arya...she's already dead, but just doesn't know it yet.  :D 

Or she's going to run into Jaime, just around the time he plunges his sword into Nissa niss...errr, I mean Cerseis chest.

Archived