Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

Don't get why they(Davos and John) should execute Melisandre.

It's not like they don't know she was suggesting people to be burn, and Stannis was totally fine with it.

It's since her introduction that she offered her help to Stannis and Stannis priority was becoming king, so he was totally fine in burning innocents and his own family.

Stannis was a kinslayer way before he killed his own daughter, he also was fine in killing Renly, why all of a sudden the death of his daughter makes a difference?

Davos was fond of her, we know it, but it doesn't change Melisandre position, if anything Davos will finally STOP his idiotic worshipping of Stannis, a man so blind and bitter that couldn't see that even if he won the war the fact that he killed his child would alienate people from him even more.

Melisandre may have told Stannis to kill people(and EVERYONE knew it) but Stannis accepted it, just ask yourself if John would burn his people if Melisandre told him so (just imagine Melisandre telling him to burn Arya or Sansa), i think you know the answer( and no, he would not kill Melisandre for the suggestion, Melisandre was just that- like Pycelle or whatever)

3 hours ago, Nefertari said:

Don't get why they(Davos and John) should execute Melisandre.

It's not like they don't know she was suggesting people to be burn, and Stannis was totally fine with it.

It's since her introduction that she offered her help to Stannis and Stannis priority was becoming king, so he was totally fine in burning innocents and his own family.

Stannis was a kinslayer way before he killed his own daughter, he also was fine in killing Renly, why all of a sudden the death of his daughter makes a difference?

Davos was fond of her, we know it, but it doesn't change Melisandre position, if anything Davos will finally STOP his idiotic worshipping of Stannis, a man so blind and bitter that couldn't see that even if he won the war the fact that he killed his child would alienate people from him even more.

Melisandre may have told Stannis to kill people(and EVERYONE knew it) but Stannis accepted it, just ask yourself if John would burn his people if melisandre told him so (just imagine Melisandre telling him to burn Arya or Sansa), i think you know the answer( and no, he would not kill Melisandre for the suggestion, Melisandre was just that- like Pycelle or whatever)

Comparing mel to Pycelle? :rofl:

She is a lot more convincing! 

Let's not get holled up on stannis being a kinslayer, especially on the show.  Renly deserved to die really. 

8 minutes ago, Jedi Renee said:

Comparing mel to Pycelle? :rofl:

She is a lot more convincing! 

Let's not get holled up on stannis being a kinslayer, especially on the show.  Renly deserved to die really. 

Her role was the same, she was there just for suggestions, if the "king" is an idiot with no moral sense than yes, her only crime is that she took advantage of an idiot(Stannis), an idiot not fit to rule anyway.

Stannis was a kinslayer with no moral sense, Renly was better.

U can't compare mel and the likes of Pycelle. Mel did a lot more then offer advice . She proved she has power more then once and also seduced stannis at times. Not to mention she brought Jon back.

Renly had no claim and couldn't fight and wold have killed Stannis by morning. Stannis bet him to it. Stannis had a much stronger claim and his story continues in the books. Stannis is a far more interesting character. 

I think Jon will try a reconciliation between the two, Davos is his advisor and Melisandre is the woman who resurrected him, but I'm sure that Davos will never forgive her, he loves Shireen, he will make a plan to secretly kill Melissandre, he will try to get vengeance by himself, but like this scene he will die trying, Melisandre is not an easy person to kill (it will teach him in the afterlife to not to put Melisandre as the sole responsible for Shireen's death)

A new leaks saying Jon might choose Mel over Davos. And I am here like: "If that's true then you should die next season, Jon!" 

But of course, we don't know if it's true or not until the episode is broadcasted. I like Mel but Jon shouldn't be that stupid. Aghhhh, oh well he is too stupid already. 

4 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

A new leaks saying Jon might choose Mel over Davos. And I am here like: "If that's true then you should die next season, Jon!" 

But of course, we don't know if it's true or not until the episode is broadcasted. I like Mel but Jon shouldn't be that stupid. Aghhhh, oh well he is too stupid already. 

Dumb move. She let Stannis to his downfall. We'll see if it's true.

23 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Melisandre said it was Stannis, but now she says it’s Jon.

Kinvara says it’s Dany.

Thoros probably says it’s Beric.

They’ll get it right eventually — won’t they? :devil:

They should gather at some meting and discuss this. Eventually they'll come to right answer. Can you imagine R'hllor watching this.

23 hours ago, Darksky said:

Why should Jon care about some little girl? Why should he care about what Stannis ordered Melisandre to do? He has no business in that.

If Shireen hadn't burned, half of Stannis' army wouldn't have deserted and Melisandre would have stayed with him...in which case Jon would have stayed dead.

Stannis and Shireen were plot devices to get Melisandre with Jon.

He should because this downfall could be is too if he follows her too closely. Jon is a good guy and should care because little girl as sacrificed for weather? I mean come on...but Mel is valuable. So is Davos and maybe he'll have to choose...leaks are saying it will be for many people rather dissapointing choice.

On 6/20/2016 at 2:17 PM, Survivor92 said:

I will grant you that the scene itself and the upcoming confrontation have potential. But come on, finding these small items requires a huge suspension of disbelief.

They could've had Melisandre lie to Davos that Shireen was killed by the Boltons, then in this episode he simply finds the pyre and draws his conclusion from that. No need to include the stag. And Melisandre's lie was necessary to not make Davos question her about it before. It's ridiculous that he hasn't.

Not really, at least not the ring. Jorah and Daario were tracking. All they had to do was follow Drogons general direction, stick to the heights and look for where he hunts. Which they did, he leaves huge signs, scorched earth. big patches of it. Keep moving in that general direction, tracking the Dothraki hoard trail was easy, really hard to miss and so was that circle they created, when they were riding around Dany. Bulls eye.

The fire pit? I thought he should of come across her grave. Maybe Stannis would of buried her bones. Finding the remains of stuff in a fire happens all the time though, so you know don't really suspend disbelief.

I can't see Jon killing Mel and refusing to do so is not "choosing" her over Davos in my eyes. Stannis made the choice to kill Shireen of his own free will. It was Mel's idea but Stannis said no, then chose to do it later on his own. It was always up to him whether or not to do it. I think in the end Mel will pay for her mistakes anyways...eventually. But right now I don't see it. Jon's not like Stannis, he's not obsessed and doesn't have "demons in his skull" as Davos put it, and Mel is also not the same as she was. I don't think keeping her around is going to be harmful to Jon. 

2 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

I can't see Jon killing Mel and to me refusing to do so is not "choosing" her over Davos in my eyes. Stannis made the choice to kill Shireen of his own free will. It was Mel's idea but Stannis said no, then chose to do it later on his own. It was always up to him whether or not to do it. I think in the end Mel will pay for her mistakes anyways...eventually. But right now I don't see it. Jon's not like Stannis, he's not obsessed and doesn't have "demons in his skull" as Davos put it, and Mel is also not the same as she was. I don't think keeping her around is going to be harmful to Jon. 

well if Kit's interview has any indication over this (he implied Jon's belief in God has changed after resurrection) then maybe Jon will choose Mel. I just find this too much disappointing. In the book there was also some indication that Jon was kind of impressed by Mel's power. If Martin intended to make Jon follow any kind of light god or so, then I'm sure he won't have any good outcome in the end. All fanatics starting out as just some kind of half-believers. He chooses Mel? He is doomed, her god is death. 

8 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

well if Kit's interview has any indication over this (he implied Jon's belief in God has changed after resurrection) then maybe Jon will choose Mel. I just find this too much disappointing. In the book there was also some indication that Jon was kind of impressed by Mel's power. If Martin intended to make Jon follow any kind of light god or so, then I'm sure he won't have any good outcome in the end. All fanatics starting out as just some kind of half-believers. He chooses Mel? He is doomed, her god is death. 

Anyone's belief in god might change after coming back from the dead. He still isn't like Stannis. And Mel is kind of impressive. I would say what that Kinerva priestess said to Varys was impressive as well. There's a difference between thinking something/someone is impressive and being on the road to fanaticism. I guess I'll believe this whole choosing thing when I see it and see the context. It could mean a lot of different things.

1 hour ago, boodofmyblood said:

Anyone's belief in god might change after coming back from the dead. He still isn't like Stannis. And Mel is kind of impressive. I would say what that Kinerva priestess said to Varys was impressive as well. There's a difference between thinking something/someone is impressive and being on the road to fanaticism. I guess I'll believe this whole choosing thing when I see it and see the context. It could mean a lot of different things.

You don't think burning wee Shireen is an indication of fanaticism? I suspect Jon will, so let's see how he reacts when he finds out tonight. I still think she has a meeting to come with Arya, so she won't die yet.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

You don't think burning wee Shireen is an indication of fanaticism? I suspect Jon will, so let's see how he reacts when he finds out tonight. I still think she has a meeting to come with Arya, so she won't die yet.

Yes, that was definitely fanaticism on Mel's part. I was referring to the possibility of Jon becoming a fanatic of Mel's religion though, which I don't think will ever happen. But yeah, I don't think she's dying. 

If Jon says "I won't kill Melisandre but I still want you here you just need to accept Melisandre being around", that's not Jon choosing her over Davos, that's Davos refusing to accept Jon's decision and leaving of his own accord. So I don't think Jon can be blamed.

Why do people think the red god is any more real than the Old Gods, or the seven?  

If Jon decides to follow Mel and the red god I'll stop watching the show.  Dude was born and raised on the Old Gods, in the book he would not give up the Old Gods for the red god so why do it in the show?  Would br stupid, just like Mel is

5 minutes ago, mafro987daboss said:

If Jon says "I won't kill Melisandre but I still want you here you just need to accept Melisandre being around", that's not Jon choosing her over Davos, that's Davos refusing to accept Jon's decision and leaving of his own accord. So I don't think Jon can be blamed.

Damn, that sounds ridiculous, but the rest of the reddit leak looks very credible indeed. So Davos ends the season as Gendry on 4 legs? Awful :angry2:

2 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Why do people think the red god is any more real than the Old Gods, or the seven?  

If Jon decides to follow Mel and the red god I'll stop watching the show.  Dude was born and raised on the Old Gods, in the book he would not give up the Old Gods for the red god so why do it in the show?  Would br stupid, just like Mel is

People? People convert to other religions all the time. It's not strange at all. Can't see Jon doing it though, as I said above.

Archived