Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

2 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

You contradict yourself. If Davos cared about the threat north of the Wall why would he want to kill someone that can birth shadow babies, resurrect people and has a connection with a FIRE god (that being what kills wights)? It's totally ridiculous to kill Mel and claim he cares about the threat.

I'd love to see Mel kill him. So many people are saying Melisandre has no purpose but what exactly does Davos do? His role as military advisor can be just as easily replaced as Melisandre's.

I never said anything about killing her. That is Arya's job. I was talking about banishing her or imprison her.

For shadow babies, she needs to have a sex with Jon and I doubt he'll be in mood to do it. R'hllor resurrects people he wants or thinks are useful to him and for the war. Like Thoros said..he just says the words and Lord replies. Besides he's on he way to North.

Jon trust Davos, he can inspire and gather people.  She poisoned Stannis' mind and basically murderd Shireen or had a hand in it.

4 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Davos is Jon's most trusted advisor and Jon said it himself if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't nbe there. So I guess he values him highly. R'hllor brought Jon back and not Melisandre and she said it herself. Stannis gave the order but Mel pushed him into it.

I understand your point of view, I see the case of Stannis exactly as Lancel Lannister's, the two are parts of religious organizations, nobody pushed them there, they are not innocent kids, it doesn't make them innocent from anything, furthermore, if I put myself in the author's shoes, I'm setting up the war of the dawn, I will let Melisandre live because the core of her religion is the war between R'hllor and the great other, she's a part of the incoming war

On 23/06/2016 at 7:37 AM, tugela said:

Daenerys is lightbringer. It is a metaphorical sword, not a physical one. Lightbringer is created when Azor Ahai tempers his sword with his wife's blood and her soul is infused with the blade. It is a metaphor for them going together in a relationship, fighting for some time, then uniting for a common goal. Azor Ahai is the inspirational leader, Lightbringer is the warrior. Azor Ahai "wields" lightbringer, as in directing Daenerys to take her armies and dragons against the threat from beyond the wall.

I see Dany could be Azor ashai, drogo was her nissa nissa she sacrificed to hatch band birth her dragons which are light bringer.

55 minutes ago, tugela said:

Selyse was not on board with them burning Shireen. That was Stannis's decision, because he wanted power above anything else.

She was on board until shireen started burning then the guilt was too much for her

41 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Davos is Jon's most trusted advisor and Jon said it himself if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't nbe there. So I guess he values him highly. R'hllor brought Jon back and not Melisandre and she said it herself. Stannis gave the order but Mel pushed him into it.

Mel was misguided and pushed stannis into it. Despite this I think mel is too valuble to kill.

11 minutes ago, Jedi Renee said:

I see Dany could be Azor ashai, drogo was her nissa nissa she sacrificed to hatch band birth her dragons which are light bringer.

Nissa Nissa and the sacrifice are parts of the legend, I don't think it must be repeated each time, and I think that Azor Ahai is two persons : Dany and Jon mirroring the first story : a man and a woman, Melisandre said that Jon is the prince that was promised and kinvara said the same thing about Daenerys

1 hour ago, Jedi Renee said:

Mel was misguided and pushed stannis into it. Despite this I think mel is too valuble to kill.

I agree. Mostly because narratively speaking,(and this is just bare bones) she would be a rogue priest; jon will have his red god, dany will have hers, Davos will forever be scorned(a writers rule not everyone agrees with the hero); alot of friction within its own fraction; Consistency!

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

In the books but in the show they declared Daeny as the One Who Was Promised, Mel vaguely mentioned Jon as PTWP and we can't have two. It seems like she's gussing and being wrong about this.

Well if Melisandra can misinterpret the signs, so can the other red priests. They could all be being too literal in their interpretation, when the prophecy is supposed to be symbolic.

People are talking with omniscience about Azor Ahai / TPTWP etc without considering what Davos/Jon/Mel know at this moment in time.

Saying "it might be Daenerys not Jon"- how on earth would Jon/Davos take this into consideration on what to do with Mel when they have no idea about the existence of Daenerys at this point?

We're not talking about the long run, we're talking about the characters in question taking into account all they know at this time:they know Melisandre has many powers (less in the show than in the books where she conjured fire to burn the eagle), and they don't know that there are other red priests nearby. They know the Lord of Light is legitimate as a result of the things Melisandre has done (saved Jon's life for instance).

Knowing all of this, why would anyone logically kill her/send her away for what she did? They don't know that Dany will invade with 3 dragons. They need all the help they can get in the position they're in now.

Therefore it's not a stretch to say if Jon executes her it would make absolutely no logical sense and would serve as a way of eliminating characters from the story/shock value.

4 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

People are talking with omniscience about Azor Ahai / TPTWP etc without considering what Davos/Jon/Mel know at this moment in time.

Saying "it might be Daenerys not Jon"- how on earth would Jon/Davos take this into consideration on what to do with Mel when they have no idea about the existence of Daenerys at this point?

We're not talking about the long run, we're talking about the characters in question taking into account all they know at this time:they know Melisandre has many powers (less in the show than in the books where she conjured fire to burn the eagle), and they don't know that there are other red priests nearby. They know the Lord of Light is legitimate as a result of the things Melisandre has done (saved Jon's life for instance).

Knowing all of this, why would anyone logically kill her/send her away for what she did? They don't know that Dany will invade with 3 dragons. They need all the help they can get in the position they're in now.

Therefore it's not a stretch to say if Jon executes her it would make absolutely no logical sense and would serve as a way of eliminating characters from the story/shock value.

I agree. I don't see Jon killing Melisandre. I don't think her story, with Jon and company and in general, is finished. I honestly have no clue what's going to happen to her. Or how Davos will react if Jon refuses to do anything to her. I just highly doubt she's a goner. 

6 hours ago, tugela said:

Well if Melisandra can misinterpret the signs, so can the other red priests. They could all be being too literal in their interpretation, when the prophecy is supposed to be symbolic.

Kinvara is the mix of Benerro and Moqorro and Moqorro was always more reliable than Mel, wasn't he?

Why should Jon care about some little girl? Why should he care about what Stannis ordered Melisandre to do? He has no business in that.

If Shireen hadn't burned, half of Stannis' army wouldn't have deserted and Melisandre would have stayed with him...in which case Jon would have stayed dead.

Stannis and Shireen were plot devices to get Melisandre with Jon.

17 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Kinvara is the mix of Benerro and Moqorro and Moqorro was always more reliable than Mel, wasn't he?

Melisandre said it was Stannis, but now she says it’s Jon.

Kinvara says it’s Dany.

Thoros probably says it’s Beric.

They’ll get it right eventually — won’t they? :devil:

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Melisandre said it was Stannis, but now she says it’s Jon.

Kinvara says it’s Dany.

Thoros probably says it’s Beric.

They’ll get it right eventually — won’t they? :devil:

Those R'hllorists are so bad in meteorology, Melisandre is 400 years old and still struggling in some visions' interpretations

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Jedi Renee said:

D&D seem to have clearly gone out of their way to push Mel to the side this season.  That factored in with her pregnancy and I think she is destined to be hangin with Roose Bolton in gangsta's paradise.  Which is sad, because she is sexy as hell. :o

Jon banishes her --> Arya runs into her on her way back to WF --> A girl with a name slices open the dame

Now we know she can bring Jon back shes now become a bit of a get ut of jail free card for jon if things ever start looking dangerous for him. It will just kill any suspence in future battles, he already has plenty of plot armor as it is.I doubt jon will execute her because its really not his call, unless he is somehow made King in the north.

2 hours ago, Arliss said:

D&D seem to have clearly gone out of their way to push Mel to the side this season.  That factored in with her pregnancy and I think she is destined to be hangin with Roose Bolton in gangsta's paradise.  Which is sad, because she is sexy as hell. :o

Jon banishes her --> Arya runs into her on her way back to WF --> A girl with a name slices open the dame

Mel is on ShowArya's list.  Yes?  And I am assuming it was because of the actress' pregnancy.

On 6/23/2016 at 5:32 PM, Jedi Renee said:

She was on board until shireen started burning then the guilt was too much for her

It could also go the opposite way. Jon coming back from the dead could have her reconsidering what she needs to do... To let Jon execute her with a sword through the heart!

Archived