Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

3 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

you didn't actually address anything I said. 

Also, your comparison is bullshit. Walder Frey specifically gave his (given the culture, pretty much sacrosanct) word that Robb and his army would be safe at the Twins. Stannis gave no such assurance to Renly. Not only that, but Robb and Walder weren't, you know, directly at war with each other

I also find it funny that you think I'm trying to give Stannis a free pass. I'm not. I think Stannis, in the books, was a complicated character who ultimately made a lot of mistakes, but not out of malice or evil. I think the show completely butchered that complexity.

Also, whether Stannis's concern was his soldiers, or the outcome of the battle, doesn't change the fact that he took the action which saved the most lives, at that point in the story. 

I apologize then, i misunderstood you, i thought you were saying that murdering Renly during a truce was morally better than entering a battle.

I agree that Stannis a complicated character, so are all asoiaf characters, i think its interesting that there are not 100% good characters or 100 villains characters, but everyone is grey.

In Games of thrones people who makes mistakes never get a free pass, Stannis made lots of mistakes that lead to his death eventually.

11 hours ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

Errr,,,nope, Renly was at war with the Lannister. Renly was a pretender as was Stannis. Neither  was really a King and neither had a valid claim to the IT.

:rofl:

4 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

"A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward." -Stannis Baratheon

Well spoken 

3 hours ago, ricardoromell said:

I do not know if you were making a jest but that might make for a bloody brilliant twist ....

She dies by Arya / Brienne. And Berric gives her the kiss. 

:agree:

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Witness Euron getting crushed by Dany in episode 1.

The first four episodes building to some kind of conflict between Jon and Sansa, only for D&D to backtrack on it and just kill of LF for budget plot reasons.

Arya going to KL to wack Cersei, when at this point Cersei's a goner anyway

Jaime still finding some way to love Cersei

Or euron tries to buddy up with cersei :cool4:

1 hour ago, IamMe90 said:

Yes, such a more morally despicable action to take than letting an actual battle, with collectively over one hundred thousand soldiers involved, occur, during which thousands of lives would invariably have been lost, and during which Renly or Stannis would have probably killed each other anyway. 

the point i'm trying to make is that war is not an ethical venture, regardless of who is in the right. Stannis killing Renly via the most efficient means possible and saving countless lives by doing so is not a saintly action - but it's also not the devilish one people seem to think it is. Especially given how much we find out it actually pains him later.

Yes 

Mel's purpose now obviously is to arrange the Dany-Jon Snow alliance that is coming. She'll be able to team up with Dany thanks to the Red Priests already hanging out there and play some sort of Marwyn-Moqorro-like role informing the Dany gang what's happening up north.

29 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Mel's purpose now obviously is to arrange the Dany-Jon Snow alliance that is coming. She'll be able to team up with Dany thanks to the Red Priests already hanging out there and play some sort of Marwyn-Moqorro-like role informing the Dany guy what's happening up north.

Yes. Totally agree with you Varys. Spot on.

34 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Mel's purpose now obviously is to arrange the Dany-Jon Snow alliance that is coming. She'll be able to team up with Dany thanks to the Red Priests already hanging out there and play some sort of Marwyn-Moqorro-like role informing the Dany guy what's happening up north.

The other guy helping Dany get alliances is the guy in your av. Varys and Mel teaming up to make alliances is utter bullshit.

Which is why it'll happen, dammit Dumb and Dumber!:bang:

2 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

The other guy helping Dany get alliances is the guy in your av. Varys and Mel teaming up to make alliances is utter bullshit.

Which is why it'll happen, dammit Dumb and Dumber!:bang:

Varys doesn't have any personal issues with Mel. And he overcame his issues with that priestess in the show, too.

I mean, even a five-year-old can now tell her how the show is going to continue:

- Cersei will marry/ally with Euron. They will fight against Dany's navy and lose. There will be a little bit of fighting and then Dany is going to take the city, kill Euron, and Jaime is going to take out Cersei. Some sort of reconciliation between Tyrion and Jaime, and subsequently perhaps Jaime being either pardoned or executed by Dany. I lean towards a pardon so that Jaime can die heroically in the fight against the Others.

- Dany and Jon Snow will ally, marry, and continue the line of the Targaryen dynasty. I guess there is a small chance that one of them is going to die in the final battle but considering that Dany is not going to be able to have a child in the few remaining episodes my money is either on Jon dying or both of them surviving.

- The Others will bring down the Wall and kill all the remaining NW men back there. Subsequently Jon's gang will have to fly south from to escape them. They'll meet Howland Reed in the Neck and Bran will eventually become Lord of Winterfell after the truth about Jon Snow's true parentage is out (I guess only after Jon and Dany fell in love/decided to marry).

- Not sure about Littlefinger and Sansa. Right now I strongly suspect that the books might end up making them more of a couple which actually aims at the throne and becomes a powerful faction at Aegon's court.

Melisandre will meet Arya on her trip south naturally since Meli herself kind of predicted back in season 3 that they would meet again. personally I think a lot of characters are going to meet up in the riverlands area, we have brienne, the hound, arya, melisandre and the brotherhood all potentially in the same area, it is a recipe for a meeting particularly between melisandre and perhaps thoros.

On 2016-06-20 at 9:29 PM, Drogo_1 said:

Melisandre never lied to Davos about Shireen. Davos asked her and before she could answer Brienne walked up and was all " I can tell you what happened." then left the Shireen part out. As far as suspension of disbelief... well we are dealing with dragons and zombies, my belief has been suspended for quite some time.

Always this when someone points out plot holes in fantasy books, superhero comics or the like. Someone says "So what, there's magic in the show, and you're talking about suspension of disbelief huh?"

Do you know what makes magic magical? You know what makes magic interesting to see in a story? That everything else stays the same. That there is still gravity and laws of physics. That children are still born the same way, biology functions the same as in the real world, and there is logic in people's actions. That they are more trusting toward family than toward strangers for example, that if A strikes B that will make B angry, that there is trade and agreements and religion and philosophy, even if they don't bear those names.

And that fire burns wood.

Technically speaking, Melisandre doesn't have to disappear. All she has to do his change her appearance, glamour herself some more, and go back to Winterfell or meet up with a crew like the BwB or Brienne, or both, or even Arya, who will probably all go north. 

Arya could potentially go to King's Landing to finish off her list though.

2 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

If they were going to write out Melisandre like they did Gendry, they would've just killed her. She will without any shadow of doubt be in the next season, either with the Brotherhood or with Daenerys.

Isn't Carice pregnant? I believe she could be off next season , take time to heal up and come back fresh for the last season with a big shock comeback of Mel saving the day!

Why the fuck does Jon have to be involved hes been whinning all season about being bought back. Fucking hell fuck show Davos hes just Jon's pet dog because he cant do anything himself without hurr snuh snuh snuh erghhh theres literally nothing that would have stopped Davos from ending Melly

7 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Mel's purpose now obviously is to arrange the Dany-Jon Snow alliance that is coming. She'll be able to team up with Dany thanks to the Red Priests already hanging out there and play some sort of Marwyn-Moqorro-like role informing the Dany gang what's happening up north.

Very much so. An emissary who'll most likely speak to the hand who is a little familiar with what the Nights Watch were worried about in season one. It would be great if they open with the invasion in full swing rather than bog us down with a side trip to Dorne at the beginning of the season. Who knows maybe there won't be any filler next season like whole episodes dedicated to Sam reading through books or Brienne going back and fourth and back again until we can't take it anymore. Now that I think about most of next season is just going to be padding - what major points other than the end game is left to be done?

13 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Why the fuck does Jon have to be involved hes been whinning all season about being bought back. Fucking hell fuck show Davos hes just Jon's pet dog because he cant do anything himself without hurr snuh snuh snuh erghhh theres literally nothing that would have stopped Davos from ending Melly

Jon is involved because he is their commander? So of course Davos has to ask the commander? 

Archived