[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

17 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

And there's another thing:

Jon says he's had the Lord's bedroom made up for her and she's, kthnx.  I expected her to be: No, thanks, raped there a bunch - never want to see that room again.  Apparently that's forgotten now, too. :bang:

I thought this too. They made a point of saying that the rapes happened in her parents' room. And now again all her trauma is just erased because Ramsay no longer exists.

17 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

And there's another thing:

Jon says he's had the Lord's bedroom made up for her and she's, kthnx.  I expected her to be: No, thanks, raped there a bunch - never want to see that room again.  Apparently that's forgotten now, too. :bang:

5 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

I thought this too. They made a point of saying that the rapes happened in her parents' room. And now again all her trauma is just erased because Ramsay no longer exists.

This is just what I thought was going to happen... finally a conversation between Sansa and Jon while they were alone and able to open up and talk about both trauma's they experienced, bringing Sansa closer to being able to trust Jon (even though he has literally put his life on the lines for the Starks a hundred times by now).

I was thinking Jon would say something about being dead and rezzing back up, all naked and confused to why he was suddenly naked.

And I was thinking Sansa would say, "No thanks. I was raped there a lot. Everyday for about 8 months really so it's a wonder I'm not pregnant. Hmmm. maybe it was 100 foot fall into 4 inches of snow that took care of that future usurper :dunno:"

It's a relief that Qyburn apparently has spent so much time studying fluid dynamics that he was able to calculate the blast damage from the wildfire cache with such precision, so the destruction was contained to an area convenient to the plot.

Also, thank the seven that the Kings Landing Fire Department apparently managed to put out the subsequent fires so quickly! Otherwise there might have been even more hundreds or thousands of homes and people incinerated and then perhaps the grief-stricken survivors would have been in no mood for a Queen Cersei. Wherever did the KLFD find all the sand?

Sadly not shown but that must have been a heroic effort. In each case. Knowledge and hard work FTW!

Just now, Sarpedon said:

It's a relief that Qyburn apparently has spent so much time studying fluid dynamics that he was able to calculate the blast damage from the wildfire cache with such precision, so the destruction was contained to an area convenient to the plot.

Also, thank the seven that the Kings Landing Fire Department apparently managed to put out the subsequent fires so quickly! Otherwise there might have been even more hundreds or thousands of homes and people incinerated and then perhaps the grief-stricken survivors would have been in no mood for a Queen Cersei. Wherever did the KLFD find all the sand?

Sadly not shown but that must have been a heroic effort. In each case. Knowledge and hard work FTW

First bolded is misapplied, try again. Second is irony. 

4 minutes ago, Sarpedon said:

Not if you understand the subject. You might want to re-visit your comment on "irony."

Oh? Google scholarly articles on the study of explosive force and tell me the highest arbiters of such rigorous inquiry are fluid dynamicists™

Give me a break.  

12 minutes ago, Sarpedon said:

Do you even know what an explosion is? It's a shockwave moving from a locus in a medium. 

No idea what an explosion is. Nor the concussive force of a detonated, off-gassing liquid in an open vs. closed atmosphere, the latter of which which also behaves in manner similar to a liquid when disturbed [Oh wait, belay that last. I don't know that either] None of which are necessary in calculating the blast radius of an explosive in a medieval setting, because, I doubt neither the showrunners or in-show characters [a Maester] would've cared either way. Might as well blame the containment on the CGI budget as well for how valid it actually is as a criticism. Fuck these guys, that explosion was too small cause they couldn't afford to make it bigger. I like ripping on the show too, where necessary, but you're complaint is bordering on ridiculous pedantry.  

What I find weird is that Jon doesn't even wonder why LF is so involved with Sansa. Like, he never questions her about this alliance with the Vale or how LF was able to get her out of Kings Landing. I would be wondering all these things if my sibling had been missing, wanted for treason for years, and then suddenly showed up at the Wall after a marriage to Ramsay.

3 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

No idea what an explosion is. Nor the concussive force of a detonated, off-gassing liquid in an open vs. closed atmosphere, the latter of which which also behaves in manner similar to a liquid when disturbed [Oh wait, belay that last. I don't know that either] None of which are necessary in calculating the blast radius of an explosive in a medieval setting, because, I doubt neither the showrunners or in-show characters [a Maester] would've cared either way. Might as well blame the containment on the CGI budget as well for how valid it actually is as a criticism. Fuck these guys, that explosion was too small cause they couldn't afford to make it bigger. I like ripping on the show too, where necessary, but you're complaint is bordering on ridiculous pedantry.  

It wasn't actually a complaint, it was meant as ironic humor. The wildfire explosion created a convenient amount of destruction. Sorry that you didn't get it.

7 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

What I find weird is that Jon doesn't even wonder why LF is so involved with Sansa. Like, he never questions her about this alliance with the Vale or how LF was able to get her out of Kings Landing. I would be wondering all these things if my sibling had been missing, wanted for treason for years, and then suddenly showed up at the Wall after a marriage to Ramsay.

You and your logic :dunno:

It all happens off screen or in a teleporter timehole carried by a white raven. That's all we need to know, apparently.

40 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I also like how Pycelle was wandering around in Qyburn's dungeon asking "where is the king?" during Cersei's trial, lol wtf.......Um pretty sure everyone is at the trial numb nuts, what the hell are you doing down here?

It sure looks like everyone is at the trial... so then, where did Cersei get this new audience that was in attendance at her special Prom Queen crowning while (I think?) the sept and part of Kings Landing is still burning.

ADDING: Sorry if this has already been asked. It just popped into my mind because her crowning scene is bugging me and I think that is why.

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

You and your logic :dunno:

It all happens off screen or in a teleporter timehole carried by a white raven. That's all we need to know, apparently.

I know I have to stop applying the basic logic other shows adhere to. It's really hard to shut down my rational brain.  I really don't get how even show only watchers don't notice this stuff.

8 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

Everyone on the show has a Dont ask dont tell policy seems like.  There is so much more Dany/TYrion, Dany/Asha, Tyrion/Theon, Sansa/Jon, Sansa/Brienne, Davos/Mel, Jon/Mel,  etc/etc should have said to each other, but instead we got mostly pointless dialogue about drinking games or northern houses or just straight nonsense.  only 1 in 30 sentences of spoken dialogue are meaningful or book related at all.

47 minutes ago, Sarpedon said:

It wasn't actually a complaint, it was meant as ironic humor. The wildfire explosion created a convenient amount of destruction. Sorry that you didn't get it.

I thought it was a good post, very strange to have to defend it in this thread!:cheers:

Archived