[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

I absolutely don't get what they did with Sam this season. In almost one season Varys can go to Mereen, to Dorne and back again (sounds Tolkienish "there and back again"), and the latter in 2 episodes of time; the Sand Snakes can teleport from Dorne to KL and back to Dorne in one episode as well... but Sam travels ages... It took him over a season to get from CB to Oldtown, with two of those scenes being absolute filler with Sam meeting nobody else except his da.

George rarely does meet ups between two POV characters, and more often near-misses (Jon-Bran). If there are meet ups it's usually between a POV and a non-POV character that we've met and seen or followed through the eyes of another POV. Sansa-Sandor and Tyrion-Sandor => Arya-Sandor and Brienne-Sandor; Ned-Gendry, Arya-Gendry, Brienne-Gendry. Davos-Stannis, Jon-Stannis, Asha-Stannis, Theon-Stannis. The sole odd one-out in meet-ups between POV characters is Tyrion: Tyrion-Jon, Tyrion-Cat, Tyrion-Sansa and there is most likely a Tyrion-Dany meeting and joint time shared in tWoW. And then there is the exceptional and rare meet between Sam and Arya, neither of them knowing they share a common "brother"... (I could mention Asha-Theon, but I'll ignore the actual kin meet-ups)

Now the show doesn't do POVs, but they do follow the storylines from many characters in a manner that a lot of people would regard the POV. And they love their meet-ups so much in GOT, meet-ups and interactions that actually never happen in the books: Arya-Tywin, Arya-Mel, Arya-Brienne, Sansa-Brienne, etc... They've done so many creatively-it-makes-sense meet-ups, but the one that George has happen between Arya and Sam they don't use at all. People may call it cheesy (it's the reason why George rarely uses it), but come the fuck on, GOT is nothing but cheese. Instead we had a puking scene on a boat. And what for actually - to see Sam consider himself having landed in book-heaven, and that's it?

Varys negotiated the alliance with Dorne and the Reach without so much as mentioning it to anyone. He certainly wasn't authorised to do so by Dany who was totally absent. Luckily, the crazy ladies are only interested in revenge & bloodshed because he has no authority whatsoever to make any sort of promises.

Obviously Deadpan's cool with it, she's an even more hand's off ruler than St. Tyrion.

Speaking of which, she didn't even appoint St. Tyrion to rule Meereen in her stead, when she flew away last season (given her total control over Drogon it's even more questionable as to why she didn't come straight back), Daario appointed him (who also had questionable authority at best). I guess it's ironic that he's now had the city dumped on him?

I want a scene midway through next season of President of Meereen for Life Daario hunched over a table full of paperwork muttering to himself. Suddenly, he launches himself back from the desk, asking aloud, "What the fuck am I doing?" Then storming out to resume his life as leader of a mercenary band.

I'll be surprised if we ever see anything to do with Meereen again, actually I'll be surprised if anything to do with Meereen is ever mentioned again. Oh well Deadpan renamed Slaver's Bay so I guess that solves the massive political, social and economic upheaval she caused. I mean she burnt some guys with her dragons so there's no way the slavers will try anything ever again with her dragons and everything else on another continent.

Just now, Chebyshov said:

Does Deadpan even know that Varys is the same dude who tried to murder her in Season 1? Does she care?

We must have imagined that, Varys Marx, friend of the poor, giver of candy to children, would never do such a thing.

It's like how Ned seemed super honourable during that first season, but now we know he was actually a dickish braggart who was always lying about how he killed Arthur Dayne.

Show-Quaithe: No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are too fantasy-oriented.
Soon comes the bad writing, and after her the others. Kraken and lesbian, dragonwhisper and spider, the bad poosies and the Super Daario brothers. Trust all of them. Remember you're fireproof. Beware the white pussy hair jokes.

1. Can Bronn just fuck off back to a 1990 fraternity already and leave us the hell alone?

2. So Arya kills Black Walder.....has Black Walder EVER been mentioned on the show before? Was there any reason on planet Earth that was included in the show except to spoil the books for us?

3. Gilly finally got that blow out she needed when they got to Oldtown I see.

4. Why wasn't Oldtown in the map opening credits? Is it supposed to be part of 'Dorne'?  Do D&D know that 'Dorne' is not a city?

5. So Sam has just deserted I guess? He strolls up to his interview with baby and baby mama......I mean slightly on the risky side don't you think?

6. Tiny girl Arya gets stabbed in the stomach multiple times, still able to do acrobatics and basically just walk it off.  Full grown man Lancel gets stabbed once in the leg and both his legs completely stop working?

4 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

I just want to clarify something, in show it is not confirmed that Jon is a Targaryen, right? only that he is the son of Lyanna.  Has the relationship between Lyanna and Rhaeger even been breached, ever?

As far as I recall, the only ever hints are the RL carved on a door (I think) and In a scene Kit stood with it on his left shoulder so it looked like RLJ back in s 1 or 2, I think? And then last year LF making a funny smirky "I-know-something-you-don't" face to Sandra down in the crypts. 

14 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

1. Can Bronn just fuck off back to a 1990 fraternity already and leave us the hell alone?

2. So Arya kills Black Walder.....has Black Walder EVER been mentioned on the show before? Was there any reason on planet Earth that was included in the show except to spoil the books for us?

3. Gilly finally got that blow out she needed when they got to Oldtown I see.

4. Why wasn't Oldtown in the map opening credits? Is it supposed to be part of 'Dorne'?  Do D&D know that 'Dorne' is not a city?

5. So Sam has just deserted I guess? He strolls up to his interview with baby and baby mama......I mean slightly on the risky side don't you think?

6. Tiny girl Arya gets stabbed in the stomach multiple times, still able to do acrobatics and basically just walk it off.  Full grown man Lancel gets stabbed once in the leg and both his legs completely stop working?

1. So I'm not the only one.... Literally the only word he ever says is "fuck".

6. It's example #4394845 of full grown man getting killed by a single small dagger wound while 85-pound Arya shrugs it off like nothing.  Every time it happens it makes it even more irritating.  

56 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

I want a scene midway through next season of President of Meereen for Life Daario hunched over a table full of paperwork muttering to himself. Suddenly, he launches himself back from the desk, asking aloud, "What the fuck am I doing?" Then storming out to resume his life as leader of a mercenary band.

I literally LOL'd during that scene.  Are we honestly supposed to believe that he's not gonna steal everything that's not bolted down and hightail it out of there as soon as that fleet is over the horizon. 

I hope we never see Daario or Jorah again, I prefer them being left on ridiculous plot contrivances.

38 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Stabbed by a small child, no less.  As in, minimal upper body strength.  Think of the lives he could've saved if he's just gotten up and hobbled his ass over to that candle, which definitely would've taken less effort then dragging yourself across the floor with your arms.  Pathetic.

45 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Hahahaaa! That made me laugh I must say

10 minutes ago, thehandwipes said:

Stabbed by a small child, no less.  As in, minimal upper body strength.  Think of the lives he could've saved if he's just gotten up and hobbled his ass over to that candle, which definitely would've taken less effort then dragging yourself across the floor with your arms.  Pathetic.

I've honestly got the silly giggles now... That's hilarious! 

12 minutes ago, thehandwipes said:

Yeah yeah!!! and WTF was Lancel doing down there, if you watch the scene, he just follows a stranger waaaaaaay underground, is he trying to catch the F train to Brooklyn?  Like he had a job from the high-sparrow to go get Cersei, but instead  goes cave-diving after random children?

14 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

"I think you've got to start wondering, what the hell is this plot." ~ David Benioff

Oh Benioff, we've at least been wondering that about the show plot for 2 seasons now :lmao:I thought you knew, seeing you gave 2 fingers at the Emmy awards

1 hour ago, Ser Biscuit said:

Show-Quaithe: No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are too fantasy-oriented.
Soon comes the bad writing, and after her the others. Kraken and lesbian, dragonwhisper and spider, the bad poosies and the Super Daario brothers. Trust all of them. Remember you're fireproof. Beware the white pussy hair jokes.

hahahaha :lmao:

Much, much better than anything we have had on screen in three seasons.

Archived