[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

The episode that D and D did for Always Sunny was one of the least funny of that season. I do get tired of the love fest between D and D and the Sunny crew. I mean, I remember D and D saying that they would definitely make a point of getting the Sunny cast roles as extras on the show. I rolled my eyes so hard. I mean, take that determination and include actual book characters like Jeyne Poole, Barbery Dustin, Lothar Brune, Mya Stone. Myranda Royce, Quentyn Martell, Arianne Martell etc.

Anyway, I give you guys props for watching the SDCC footage. I refuse to do that anymore for this show. I don't even want to see many of the cast anymore except for Rory.

King Bran :bowdown:

http://feministfiction.com/2016/07/22/game-of-thrones-girl-power-women-on-top-and-stabbing-you-while-youre-down/

But for all its apparently genuine efforts, the show is still clinging to the idea of “feminism” it’s had for many seasons, where strength and badassness mean callousness, cruelty, and killing without guilt or mercy.

10 hours ago, Tijgy said:

King Bran :bowdown:

So Bloodraven said, "He touched you. He knows you are here. He'll come for you." Bran said, "But he can't get in." BR said, "He can now. His mark is on you. You must leave, all of you." So the NK knows where he is and he can get in.

Then Uncle B says, "The Wall is not just ice and stone. Ancient spells were carved into its foundations. Strong magic to protect men from what lies beyond. And while it stands, the dead cannot pass. I cannot pass."

So they didn't connect the two.

57 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So they didn't connect the two.

The weird thing is Isaac at least did? He did speak about it would be interesting moral dilemma for Bran to cross the Wall because 1° him crossing the Wall might destroy it 2° it might be necessary to cross the Wall so he can tell everyone what he knows. 

But then Isaac also kept insisting the show did not yet made clear the fact Rhaegar was Jon's father even after the HBO site published that diagram which says Jon's father is Rhaegar. An interviewer had to tell him about that diagram. 

I am not really sure what they are going to do. Are they just going to ignore that mark? Or will they still make the connection. 

This tells of course more about how D&D are forgetting about some things while Isaac actuallly really shows he does thing about things.

Hell, Isaac was joking (well, I think he was joking) that Jon could be a product of Ned and Lyanna during the panel and if I recall an interview shortly after the season ended he suggested the same thing. I get the impression he was trolling a bit by basically going "well, Rhaegar hasn't been established really in the show so for all show watchers are supposed to know, Jon's a product of incest," and, if he didn't know about the graphic at the time of the panel (he didn't find out about it until that interview actually, and I'm not sure when it happened in relation to the panel. I want to say after), he pretty much was going by what the show has revealed. Idk, I'm blabbering.

Anyway, here's another interview where Isaac goes "oh they killed off Summer for budget reasons" about 50 seconds in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_Zcihe35A

18 hours ago, Tijgy said:

The weird thing is Isaac at least did? He did speak about it would be interesting moral dilemma for Bran to cross the Wall because 1° him crossing the Wall might destroy it 2° it might be necessary to cross the Wall so he can tell everyone what he knows. 

But then Isaac also kept insisting the show did not yet made clear the fact Rhaegar was Jon's father even after the HBO site published that diagram which says Jon's father is Rhaegar. An interviewer had to tell him about that diagram. 

I am not really sure what they are going to do. Are they just going to ignore that mark? Or will they still make the connection. 

This tells of course more about how D&D are forgetting about some things while Isaac actuallly really shows he does thing about things.

I saw that too. The part of "The ancient spells..." was one of the best moments from 6.10.....until I realised it didn't make sense with the mark part.

Maybe there are two different magics or......they forgot about it:blink:

1 hour ago, Liver and Onions said:

Isaac makes a good point. Rhaegar's memory is all over the books (as is Ned's, now), but the show neglected to keep him in the public consciousness after early in season one. 

And then everyone was confused! And they had to put out an infographic. Because it was like the immaculate conception, where is the father? Rather an important thing  to show. This is a visual medium, how about, show him. And there's the mystery of what happened, that they never showed. She just went from being a sideline in Hodor's story to dying with a baby.

I'm pretty sure D&D have no interest in Lyanna or Rhaegar, and not much in Jon either, so expecting them to miraculously give their story its full due is overly optimistic. But yes, it is very annoying she had to be a side character in Hodor's story, but it's not even the most insulting thing in Season 6. Well, at least it'll be over relatively soon.

I don't think that it's overly optimistic that they go there in a couple of scenes. I think it's overly optimistic that they will tell the "full story" and tell the story well, but that's another matter.

And they have repeatedly brought up that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna. Now, many readers think Lyanna went willingly, and we are all eagerly awaiting the rest of the story in the books.

It would just be very odd if they left the story the way they did. Could they leave it as it is? Sure, but I doubt they will. They left many viewers very confused, so do they clear it up, maybe.

I'm not convinced they won't just leave it at that aside from an off-hand mention of Rhaegar, and even of they did do more it would only be terribly written anyway.

That said, they don't like to let viewers figure things out for themselves, so there is a chance they will just go all out next year.

Oh yeah, I have no hope it will be done well or anything. But it's a big thing in the books, and they seem to be hitting upon the big things in the books. Of course, much of the meaning is lost, and I never expect to see that.

Just saw the scene again, I hadn't seen it since the first time, and the first thing I thought was, where are the blue roses. Not a trace. That's such a basic visual thing to include in the scene, to show that there's more to the story.

They even mentioned them! "He rode past his wife and he lay a crown of winter roses in Lyanna's lap. Blue as frost."

Months before his episode aired, McShane gave a revealing interview where he basically implied that he’d be bringing back the long-thought-dead Hound, and he has no patience for anyone who’s still put off by his spoiler. “They take it very seriously, some people,” McShane sniffed. “Dear God! I mean, I didn’t have to sign one of those contracts where you don’t talk about it. And on the other hand, if you tease it up, more people will watch it. So it wasn’t exactly bad publicity for HBO, you know?”

Has he ever been the sort of person to take his acting roles too seriously? “No,” said McShane. “Seriously enough to be quite good at it, but not seriously enough to think Game of Thrones is gonna change my life.”

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/ian-mcshane-has-no-regrets-about-spoiling-got.html

I did not really felt spoiled by that rumor :dunno:

And I still do not understand how in godsname Clarke got her Emmy Nomination. There are so much better actors on screen. 

2 hours ago, Tijgy said:

I did not really felt spoiled by that rumor :dunno:

And I still do not understand how in godsname Clarke got her Emmy Nomination. There are so much better actors on screen. 

Oh, but the best from the best are never nominated because they are not Super4. Secondaries don't count.:frown5:

Archived