[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

14 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Comic Con stuff.

Benioff says it's "it's still ultimately George's imagination that gave us these characters, that gave us this world." Talks about the Hodor thing. And "hopefully we're still living out the spirit of George's imagination and even though we're beyond the books, I think one thing that's fun is George's books will be very different in some respects, and the same in others, and I think hopefully both the series and the books will be surprising to people who are reading or watching or whatever it is." Asked why Ramsay is a "such a lovable scamp" Rheon says "we were discussing the character before we started shooting, he has this kind of joy in everything he does... made him a bit funnier I suppose, so he's not just some psychopath" and "he's just looking for his father's love and acceptance... everyone can relate to that" but "apart from that there's very little to like about him."

When Turner is asked if Jon and Sansa as something romantic will ever happen, she makes a face, everyone on the panel makes faces, the crowd laughs. Asked about issues if that happened, Conleth Hill says "deformed ones." Turner says they "have grown up together, they may as well be siblings, they have that sibling rivalry" and "nothing will happen." She says to Benioff and Weiss "If you make something happen, I am going to kill you. I don't want to take part." Weiss says "it hadn't occurred to us" to go there. Another question about the iron throne, Turner says she wants LF on the throne, again, everyone on the panel makes faces, Conleth Hill tells her "Shame! Shame! Shame!" and backs away from her. The crowd says no and boos, and she explains it would be "fun and quirky, sadistic, we like that kind of thing, come on, we all watch Game of Thrones" but the crowd doesn't buy it.

Le sigh. I really dislike the cast and crew as well as the characters they play. TWD has annoyed me this last year but I still love that whole cast and their characters.

2 hours ago, Tytos_BWood said:

I still don't get why show Jon was crowned KITN. Other than that the audience likes him.

It makes more sense then Cersei becoming queen, both the audience and the Westerosi hate her!

On 22 July 2016 at 1:56 PM, Dolphy's Lunch said:

I was thinking... I watched some of the new "People vs. OJ Simpson" show and wondered - what would this show be like if D&D wrote it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interior shot. The courthouse on the day of OJ's verdict. JUDGE ITO speaks.

ITO: Has the jury reached a verdict?

FOREMAN: We have, your honor. We, the jury, find the defendant, Orenthal James Simpson, to be n-

MARCIA CLARK: Wait a minute! Where's OJ?

Shot of OJ's empty chair. It is empty. There is anxious murmuring in the gallery.

ITO: Bailiff! Where's OJ? Did no one pick him to up to arrive here today?

BAILIFF: We sent some police to collect him, your honor, but his giant zombie bodyguard was there and - 

ITO: Wait a minute. OJ has a giant zombie bodyguard? No one ever mentioned this.

BAILIFF: We don't really talk about it, your honor. Anyway, when we went to arrest him, he said, "I choose violence," and then had his giant zombie bodyguard kill a policeman by ripping his head off with his bare hands.

ITO: Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

BAILIFF: I'm not sure, your honor. It didn't seem important at the time.

ITO: OJ has to be here for the verdict! Kato Kaelin!

KATO KAELIN looks up from the gallery.

ITO: Someone needs to go pick up OJ for his trial. I choose you.

KATO: But I'm a key witne-

ITO: No excuses! Go!

Cut to an interior shot. OJ is in his mansion in Brentwood. He takes a sip of wine and SMIRKS. CELLO MUSIC starts to play.

Cut to an exterior shot: the courthouse. KATO is walking across the parking lot to get in his car and pick up OJ. Suddenly, he sees a SMALL CHILD.

KATO: What a suspicious child. Never mind OJ, I'm going to follow this small child instead.

KATO follows the SMALL CHILD through a maze of alleyways. CELLO MUSIC swells.

Interior shot: A bunch of SMALL CHILDREN stab Robert Kardashian to death for some reason.

Cut to an interior shot: inside the courthouse. MARCIA CLARK speaks.

MARCIA: Does anyone else smell something burning?

Cut to an interior shot: OJ is in his mansion in Brentwood. He takes a sip of wine and SMIRKS.

Interior shot: KATO has followed the SMALL CHILD into the sewers. Suddently the SMALL CHILD stabs him and runs away. KATO notices a very slow fuse burning towards a stack of dynamite. CELLO MUSIC swells even louder.

Interior shot: inside the courthouse.

MARCIA: That burning smell is getting stronger. I'm gonna go outside for some air.

ITO: Stop her! She can't be allowed to leave for some reason.

Interior shot: KATO slowly crawls closer to the dynamite. CELLO MUSIC swells even louder for the third time.

Interior shot: OJ drinks wine and SMIRKS.

Interior shot: KATO crawls extremely slowly towards the dynamite. CELLO MUSIC swells for the fourth time, growing more dramatic, if that's even possible. KATO almost blows out the fuse, but he's too late. A giant explosion destroys the courthouse, city hall, and the entire government.

Interior shot: OJ sees the explosion and SMIRKS.

Exterior shot: The next day. There's a parade in OJ's honor. JOHNNIE COCHRAN stands up to speak.

COCHRAN: Since the explosion killed the entire government, I formally declare Orenthal James Simpson, first of his name, to be the new Mayor of Los Angeles!

CROWD: THE MAYOR OF LOS ANGELES! LONG MAY HE REIGN!

OJ raises his chin in triumph and SMIRKS.

Excellent!:lmao:

3 hours ago, Davros Seaworth said:

I came here to comment that I've just read the Golden Carol awards, I'm very pleased with the results.

Then I came here and saw some stupid crap the showrunners are saying about Ramsay being a scamp and now I just can't...

You know what, the Carols dearly lacked a category for "Best Outside the Episode statement by D&D". Alas, maybe next year.

1 minute ago, The fanny from hell said:

You know what, the Carols dearly lacked a category for "Best Outside the Episode statement by D&D". Alas, maybe next year.

Oh, that would have been good, there's the perfect one in your signature.

3 hours ago, The fanny from hell said:

And for me Best offscreen resolution? Don't remember if it existed.

You make it sound as if it's not only the usual suspects (Sophie "Boss Ass Individual" Turner, Iwan "Ramsay's a Misfit" Rheon, Maisie "90's girl who actually grew up in the 2000's" Williams, etc.) saying stupid stuff, but the whole bloody cast. Is that so? I don't follow much Comic Con and the like.

5 hours ago, The fanny from hell said:

Yes definitely.

Only, there wouldn't be a great deal of contest in it, would there? This year or last!  :lol:

39 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

How i miss charles dance, a real gentleman, now with him gone, dillane, pryce, the cast consists of edgy teenagers hungry for twitter clicks.

the cast consists of edgy teenagers hungry for twitter clicks.

Ain't this the truth. Ans it's really sad because because it's more about this than it is the actual story. 

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Ain't this the truth. Ans it's really sad because because it's more about this than it is the actual story. 

Well, at this point I don't think I can hold it against the actors for them to find a way to keep themselves motivated. Surely they can't talk bad about the show, and they have to take the script as it is handed down to them...

3 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

^Yes!  I still love Rory mainly because he doesn't get swept away by the bullshit environment on set and with the show in general. He also read the books which really come through in his performance. He's the only one I still genuinely like from the cast.

Just now, rosehustle1 said:

^Yes!  I still love Rory mainly because he doesn't get swept away by the bullshit environment on set and with the show in general. He also read the books which really come through in his performance. He's the only one I still genuinely like from the cast.

George has pointed out in the past that when the actors go to SDCC, they are paid to be there, and well that means they are employees acting their part. The big Cons like SDCC are considered shows instead of Conventions now because of things like that. It's why I have a hard time taking most of them seriously. They are there to make money for their employer. 

I agree wholeheartedly about McCann. He seems like he's still a super nice, normal guy. 

And sober. Sometimes these actors and actresses seem drunk, or something. 

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

George has pointed out in the past that when the actors go to SDCC, they are paid to be there, and well that means they are employees acting their part. The big Cons like SDCC are considered shows instead of Conventions now because of things like that. It's why I have a hard time taking most of them seriously. They are there to make money for their employer. 

I agree wholeheartedly about McCann. He seems like he's still a super nice, normal guy. 

And sober. Sometimes these actors and actresses seem drunk, or something. 

Well apparently Sophie was drinking while on the panel. Really strange thing to do in a professional setting.

Archived