[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

29 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, it's like they overlook diamonds in favor of dust.

I know... that's as bad as it gets... It's like telling a story about the American Revolution and not casting Thomas Jefferson. Then just having King George read the Declaration of Independence.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, The Winged Wolf Bran Stark said:

Reminder that GoT explained R+L=J via a graphic they released after the episode aired because people were going "oh Jon must be Ned and Lyanna's bastard incest son" or something like that because the show explained it that badly.

Gotta agree, the show did a shitty job getting across to the casuals that Jon is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son. They could of easily had Lyanna say out loud in some manner that the child was Rhaegar's without it sounding forced. If you actually pay attention (which most of the casuals do not they just wanna see sword fights and tits, can probably thank them for all the shit face value material we've been getting the past 2 seasons) its pretty obvious in hindsight who the father really is but alas...

Rhaegar is not a character in the series. If Jon turns out to be his son, and that turns out to have any influence in the plot, I´ll agree with all the detractors - it was not well done, unless they do wonders with the episodes left.

Then again, if they wanted to troll the audience, a graph lying about Jon´s parentage would be far more hilarious than claming Jon and Sansa will conflict. ^^

10 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

Rhaegar is not a character in the series. If Jon turns out to be his son, and that turns out to have any influence in the plot, I´ll agree with all the detractors - it was not well done, unless they do wonders with the episodes left.

Then again, if they wanted to troll the audience, a graph lying about Jon´s parentage would be far more hilarious than claming Jon and Sansa will conflict. ^^

I have a strong feeling Rhaegar will appear in flashbacks in Season 7, so he may not be in the series right now and may be dead in the present day timeline, but we'll probably see him sooner or later at least once or twice through Bran's visions, probably to completely confirm certain events during Robert's Rebellion and the relationship between Lyanna and Rhaegar. (Harrenhal. Smiling Knight, Supposed Abduction, etc)

I´m sure he will appear in flashbacks, that doesn´t make him a character. If Rhaegar appears only long enough to give Jon a last name, he´s a plot device. If the plot device is eventually fundamental for the plot, that´s bad. It´s the same problem as time-travel.

1 hour ago, The Winged Wolf Bran Stark said:

Reminder that GoT explained R+L=J via a graphic they released after the episode aired because people were going "oh Jon must be Ned and Lyanna's bastard incest son" or something like that because the show explained it that badly.

And the fact Isaac HW kept saying "it is not really confirmed that R+L=J " to all those interviewers and during the panel of ComicCon until an interviewer told him of the graphic. 

(And he does know about R+L=J. He was just being mysterious about the real father of Jon. Unnecessary, because they confirmed with a graphic and not really in the show :bang:)

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

And the fact Isaac HW kept saying "it is not really confirmed that R+L=J " to all those interviewers and during the panel of ComicCon until an interviewer told him of the graphic. 

(And he does know about R+L=J. He was just being mysterious about the real father of Jon. Unnecessary, because they confirmed with a graphic and not really in the show :bang:)

Poor Isaac, he was trying to help the team out.

3 hours ago, The Winged Wolf Bran Stark said:

All it would havd taken was a flashback or two to show who Rhaegar was. But noooo we have to have those stupid WF Flashbacks because hurrr Hodor is sooooo important to the fucking plot lol or that they had to pull a walking dead style cliff hanger & split the TOJ into two flashbacks for muh finale shocking moment.

39 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

All it would havd taken was a flashback or two to show who Rhaegar was. But noooo we have to have those stupid WF Flashbacks because hurrr Hodor is sooooo important to the fucking plot lol or that they had to pull a walking dead style cliff hanger & split the TOJ into two flashbacks for muh finale shocking moment.

And don't forget about the oh so important Maggy the frog flashback, which didn't actually include anything to do with the whole point of the flashback. Weren't we supposed to get the rest of that later in the season? I remember a bunch of people who were defending the show telling me that.

But hey, d$d consider flashbacks to be poor storytelling, kind of like themes, so you know, might as well just put out an info-graphic. :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Ruhail said:

The only thing I liked was the baby, he was perfectly cast. He had that same look Jon always has on the show. Why is this happening...

Oh, and how hard would it have been for her to be clutching roses. They even mentioned the roses on the show.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends." As they came together in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming. "Eddard!" she called. A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death...

He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses. Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes. Ned remembered the way she had smiled then, how tightly her fingers had clutched his as she gave up her hold on life, the rose petals spilling from her palm, dead and black. After that he remembered nothing.

53 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

And don't forget about the oh so important Maggy the frog flashback, which didn't actually include anything to do with the whole point of the flashback. Weren't we supposed to get the rest of that later in the season? I remember a bunch of people who were defending the show telling me that.

But hey, d$d consider flashbacks to be poor storytelling, kind of like themes, so you know, might as well just put out an info-graphic. :rolleyes: 

Indeed. And no dreams, either. Everything has to be right there on the surface, in the present moment. Out of sight, out of mind. Until one day, oh, wait, we need that. Usual thing is, put it on a "previously on Game of Thrones" which isn't even featured in some markets. Outside the episode. Or hey, why not an infographic!

41 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The only thing I liked was the baby, he was perfectly cast. He had that same look Jon always has on the show. Why is this happening...

...and what the hell is this plot?

42 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, and how hard would it have been for her to be clutching roses. They even mentioned the roses on the show.

Roses must be as rare and hard to find as peaches!

2 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

...and what the hell is this plot?

Roses must be as rare and hard to find as peaches!

Oh, I forgot the rare peaches! :lol: 

They spent more time on Pod's penis than on Lyanna Stark. And hello, the Tower of Joy... maybe spend a little time on Rhaegar's penis? It seemed to have been quite the draw for Lyanna, and set quite a lot of things in motion, as in, the story we are watching...

To be fair, blue roses do not really exist. 

A blue rose is a flower of the genus Rosa (family Rosaceae) that presents blue-to-violet pigmentation instead of the more common red, white, or yellow. Blue roses are often portrayed in literature and art as a symbol of love and prosperity, but which as a result of genetic limitations does not exist in nature. In 2004, researchers used genetic modification to create roses that contain the blue pigment delphinidin.

So-called "blue roses" have been bred by conventional hybridization methods, but the results, such as "Blue Moon", are more accurately described as lilac in color.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_rose

So it would have been impossible to get real roses. 

(But on the other side, they could have died blue roses which was apparently already done in 12th century. And they can make dragons, they should have been able to make some roses :rolleyes:)

Or maybe they spent all their money to those battles. :dunno:

8 hours ago, Tijgy said:

To be fair, blue roses do not really exist.

To be fair, they could have easily gotten around that. Simplest would be to just dye the roses, dyed flowers are extremely common today (many supermarket flowers are dyed, and you can even order blue roses). Hell, the lighting is usually so dark on the show, no one would have noticed anyway.

Archived