Lyanna Mormont

15 hours ago, tugela said:

Highly unlikely. He was a bastard. Highborn ladies don't get married off to bastards if they can help it.

Why would Jon marry her? She's far too young for him to marry for love. And her house is far too small for the King of the North to marry for political reasons. Granted we all love her, and why not, she's fantastic. But if Jon's going to marry it will be for love like Ygritte or even Arya, or for political gain like Dany.

38 minutes ago, Booknerd2 said:

The little gloved "hush" hand that was raised to indicate silence….uh, immediately. I died laughing. Just the best. I didn't expect it.  Every nuance, gesture, movement, expression, her eyes, and her poise, along with the matter of fact, scathing verbal deliveries….just perfect and balanced. 

Balance is the word. So many young actors struggle with either under or over acting, but Bella strikes that perfect balance in the middle. That's what makes her believable despite the fact that a 10 year old girl shouldn't be believable in such a role. She can't get too much screen time for my liking.

On 6/27/2016 at 4:13 PM, tormond said:

She's great for Jon. everyone is expecting Jon and Dany, but i hope not. Dany is his aunt. Jon needs a young wife reserved for him someone who has taken no man before him. Drogo and Dario and who else?, Dany is just more evolved, more OPEN in terms of relationships, she seems like one who could take many lovers. He's a  a reserved guy, he needs someone like Lyanna.

Why? Because Jon is some kind of pure virgin? Hardly. Don't forget his sexcapades with Ygritte, who was not in the least reserved. I have no vested interest in who ends up with who, but lets no slut shame Dany because she has had one more lover than Jon.

16 hours ago, tugela said:

Most of the other female characters for the northern houses that we meet are similar to Sansa. The Mormonts are tough because they are in a distant outpost that is poor and constantly raided by Ironborn and wildlings. The rest of the northern houses are not like that.

The Umbers.

They say that silly dialogue by cerci stole the show but imagine that done by this lyanna! Or even Lyanna faceless killer, it would have been much better. Simultaneously more shocking and believable. Or even why not 5 twin sand snakes that dont suck kk.

2 hours ago, Booknerd2 said:

The little gloved "hush" hand that was raised to indicate silence….uh, immediately. I died laughing. Just the best. I didn't expect it.  Every nuance, gesture, movement, expression, her eyes, and her poise, along with the matter of fact, scathing verbal deliveries….just perfect and balanced. 

I look forward to any scenes she's in next season. Totally get a kick out of her character. 

Gotta have to agree. 

In order for her to be believable, to stand and finger wag to older men of great houses, she has to really sell it and she does.  

Surely the breakout star of season 6 no?

Fortunately there are great reasons why she and her house should remain at Winterfell.

1 it's winter and Bear Island is extremely isolated.

2 a war vs the undead cannot be won with frontal assaults and cavalry charges. Every soldier that dies becomes an undead foe you have to defeat. This means fighting from fortified positions and giving up ground. Its better that her house helps strengthen the defenses of Winterfell and be in a much better place to retreat from. 

10 hours ago, Ravness said:

I would like this a lot. Though it might sound a bit unrealistic to have a 10 year old fighting some battles (coupled with the controversial idea of child soldiers), at least some scenes of her displaying some combat ability she's learned - assuming she's already being taught how to defend herself? Maybe by way of simple sparring scenes or such.

We didn't see her do any fightning in the battle of bastards, so when I said "More badass scenes" I meant her bossing around.

9 hours ago, Rory Snow said:

Why would Jon marry her? She's far too young for him to marry for love. And her house is far too small for the King of the North to marry for political reasons. Granted we all love her, and why not, she's fantastic. But if Jon's going to marry it will be for love like Ygritte or even Arya, or for political gain like Dany.

He is what, 17? 18? at this point in the story.  He's 7 years older than her - wait a few years.

Reasons that he (and she) might consider this are:

1. His status really derives from more of a wildlings definition of kingship rather than the southern (Andal) view. That is, he is a king because people follow him, not because of (despite) his ancestry. This is aligned to the First Men definition as well. She saw that when others did not. 

2. Political marriages are a mistake particularly because (a) he is only interested in holding the North, not in securing power in the south (b) Catelyn is a an example of this, even after 20 years she didn't feel at home in Winterfell.  What would be the purpose of a political marriage? 

3. She is a pretty first class leader in her own right. He doesn't need an inside wife to sit around inside sewing. He needs a partner who will ride alongside, who he can turn to for counsel, who can run Winterfell and surrounds in his place when he's off somewhere. She is his equal. She is loved by his people, she can inspire, and make hard decisions. She cares about those she is responsible for and puts them first. 

4. Offering her a marriage would be a fair reward for her and her house pulling his arse out the fire and being loyal to their oaths when nobody else was. Show them some love. 

He certainly won't marry Arya, who is his sister, and a serial killer to boot (not in any sense the temperament to lead people). Nor would he marry Dany, who, if she survives, will want to rule her patch either from Dragonstone or (hopefully not) from the Red Keep, or possible Meereen. None of those places are in the North, he has no interest in the south nor its politics and his leadership style would not suit the Andals. Nor would Dany like the North. It is everything she is not. 

14 hours ago, ShamblerBob said:

He is what, 17? 18? at this point in the story.  He's 7 years older than her - wait a few years.

Reasons that he (and she) might consider this are:

1. His status really derives from more of a wildlings definition of kingship rather than the southern (Andal) view. That is, he is a king because people follow him, not because of (despite) his ancestry. This is aligned to the First Men definition as well. She saw that when others did not. 

2. Political marriages are a mistake particularly because (a) he is only interested in holding the North, not in securing power in the south (b) Catelyn is a an example of this, even after 20 years she didn't feel at home in Winterfell.  What would be the purpose of a political marriage? 

3. She is a pretty first class leader in her own right. He doesn't need an inside wife to sit around inside sewing. He needs a partner who will ride alongside, who he can turn to for counsel, who can run Winterfell and surrounds in his place when he's off somewhere. She is his equal. She is loved by his people, she can inspire, and make hard decisions. She cares about those she is responsible for and puts them first. 

4. Offering her a marriage would be a fair reward for her and her house pulling his arse out the fire and being loyal to their oaths when nobody else was. Show them some love. 

First, show Jon is definitely more than 17. As for your bullet points..

1. So you say Jon's Kingship is based on merit rather than blood like Joffrey or Tommen? Not sure that's a negative that needs fixin'.

2. A political marriage could bring more soldiers to his real cause.. fighting the White Walkers.

3. Can't argue this, Lyanna's strong, smart, capable and adorable, but Jon doesn't need a wife that's a good match, frankly he doesn't need a wife period, he's not thinking about heirs or legacy. His focus is war and defending the known world.

4. Lyanna doesn't seem the type to want a pity match. She sided with the Starks because it was the honorable thing to do, not for a husband.

As for Arya, she is his cousin not sister, the Tower of Joy confirmed this, and Jon has always had a great deal of affection for her. With Dany, Jon would acquire what he needs to fight the Others, a large army and a handful of dragons. Factor in that Dany is a straight 10 and it's a match made in heaven.

On 6/28/2016 at 5:36 PM, MoonWoman said:

Why? Because Jon is some kind of pure virgin? Hardly. Don't forget his sexcapades with Ygritte, who was not in the least reserved. I have no vested interest in who ends up with who, but lets no slut shame Dany because she has had one more lover than Jon.

It is not about who has had more lovers. dany just have more experience, more open minded and is not looking for love(she's a whore). Jon is a reserved guy, he needs Lyanna by his side.

1 hour ago, tormond said:

It is not about who has had more lovers. dany just have more experience, more open minded and is not looking for love(she's a whore). Jon is a reserved guy, he needs Lyanna by his side.

Whatever gets Lyanna more screen time..

On June 28, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Rory Snow said:

Lady Mormont, strong woman though she be, is not born highly enough to marry a Head of the Dragon.

Only another of the Dragon’s Three Heads will do.

9 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Lady Mormont, strong woman though she be, is not born highly enough to marry a Head of the Dragon.

Only another of the Dragon’s Three Heads will do.

I agree that it seems likely Dany and Jon will end up together.  Dany said she's looking to marry again, and as someone pointed out recently (maybe even you, I don't recall for sure), if not Jon, then WHO?

Eligible bachelors for Dany seem to be in real short supply in Westeros.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of even one realistic candidate for Dany other than Jon.

When Lyanna gave her speech, i saw her look at Jon, and i saw i girl crushing for him. The only thing that im worry about is that if they show pursues a relationship between them, they might replace the actress, and that would not be good

Archived